Preview Round 22 - Essendon Bombers vs North Melbourne Kangaroos - Saturday, August 12th - 1:45 pm @ Robert Downey Jr. Stadium.

Do you still have hope?

• Nope

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Yep

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he didn’t even have to go back to the vfl!!!! He had a week off, come on back in. Wtf where is the selection integrity.
Scott is losing me for this issue alone at the moment

Laverde/BZT not dominating, Baldwin demanding selection from the lower level. No reward. Just one more piece of evidence Scott has his favourites and policies at selection

Now watch while Weideman or Setterfield come in as the late change and Snelling is the sub, and y'all melt again coz it wasn't Baldwin, Davey with his two strapped shoulders.

On the plus side, might be meaningless but Tsatas was named forward last week, now on a wing. Cox was def & now fwd, and Kelly was wing now def.

Laverde/BZT not dominating, Baldwin demanding selection from the lower level. No reward. Just one more piece of evidence Scott has his favourites and policies at selection
Honestly mate you've been melting in every thread all week. It's a bit hard to believe that any of the issues you've identified are singlehandedly causing the club to lose your support atm.

On the plus side, might be meaningless but Tsatas was named forward last week, now on a wing. Cox was def & now fwd, and Kelly was wing now def.

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Gees if North get Reid along with Wardlaw, LDU and Sheezel that’s going to be some midfield for next decade or so.

Not really because Wardlaw will be a Bomber before then. hehe

Wardlaw is somewhat hopeful he’ll slip past the Kangaroos as he’s a “pretty big fan” of Essendon. “It‘s a dream to get drafted, and I don’t really mind where I play. But it’d be pretty cool growing up barracking for a team and eventually playing for them. That’d be awesome,” Wardlaw said.

It sure will be awesome, George. It sure will.

Last edited:
Selections at the moment seem incongruent with early season messaging.

I’m ok with that, so long as Brad speaks to the finer details that help reconcile:

“we want to win every game”

and

“each player should play in his best position”

and

“Everyone must give their all defensively or else they’re not part of the side”

*semantics may vary but messages do not

Now watch while Weideman or Setterfield come in as the late change and Snelling is the sub, and y'all melt again coz it wasn't Baldwin, Davey with his two strapped shoulders.

Not sure we’d bring Weideman in as a late change to play backline? North literally have 1 key forward, he would be obsolete down there.

I just dont see the point scraping for wins which mean nothing especially win an extra win could out you outaide the consensus top 7 range and out to a pick 3 spots higher
As a supporter yes but I would be bloody annoyed if inside the club they have packed up the tent and called it a day when they still have a chance to play finals. That should always be their goal . To do it any other way is just loser mentality . I do not think they will make it but I am just some flog who sits in the stands. I want the club to have the attitude that it is not over until it is over.

Laverde and BZT are not our main issue right now. They are the poor smucks that have to play under intense pressure every week because the peanuts in the front half can not defend. Would be a bit tough for the coach to say okay fellas we are still in the hunt here but one of you two are not in the side this week despite them trying to plug the leaks caused up the line with little help. It is not that hard to see.

Snelling is obviously back due to the lack of forward pressure and impact of Davey and the fact I think Wanganeen had an injury issue this week and missed some training.

All coaches have favorites. I want to see Baldwin get a look in as much as the next bloke but I can see why he is not dropping Laverde or BZT right now even if I think neither are actually genuine full backs going forward.

Who else in the VFL is ripping up ? Walla is not. Voss is not. Tex was but as mentioned he missed some training this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a supporter yes but I would be bloody annoyed if inside the club they have packed up the tent and called it a day when they still have a chance to play finals. That should always be their goal . To do it any other way is just loser mentality . I do not think they will make it but I am just some flog who sits in the stands. I want the club to have the attitude that it is not over until it is over.
Some flog with shaved eyebrows.

I joke, I joke!

Laverde and BZT are not our main issue right now. They are the poor smucks that have to play under intense pressure every week because the peanuts in the front half can not defend. Would be a bit tough for the coach to say okay fellas we are still in the hunt here but one of you two are not in the side this week despite them trying to plug the leaks caused up the line with little help. It is not that hard to see.

Snelling is obviously back due to the lack of forward pressure and impact of Davey and the fact I think Wanganeen had an injury issue this week and missed some training.

All coaches have favorites. I want to see Baldwin get a look in as much as the next bloke but I can see why he is not dropping Laverde or BZT right now even if I think neither are actually genuine full backs going forward.

Who else in the VFL is ripping up ? Walla is not. Voss is not. Tex was but as mentioned he missed some training this week.
The lack of defensive pressure in the front half was one of the reasons I was perplexed when Menzie was dropped. I still don't understand that move.
Guelfi's defensive pressure has also dropped off significantly.

The lack of defensive pressure in the front half was one of the reasons I was perplexed when Menzie was dropped. I still don't understand that move.
Guelfi's defensive pressure has also dropped off significantly.
Guelfis form has dropped of because he has been the one left to chase the two or three defenders running the other way . Makes it hard to have an impact when you spend most of your day running after the opposition . He is a good honest player that plays a role so he does not really need to be the only one chasing. Would be good if Archie decided to find where his bloke was a few times when the opposition had the ball.

This post obviously got missed by a lotta people;
It would be nice if the club mentioned something because right now the official word is Tex isn't being rewarded for form and Snelling gets special treatment.

Without being in the inner circle/match committee, we are just guessing.

We have no idea what the process is or what the coaches are really seeing in terms of player output, training loads etc.

It is futile to even worry about it. Fact is, hopefully the 22 that are named are the right mix for the oppasition and are as close to being ready as possible.

Yep, apart from Baldwin (notwithstanding injuries), there are no VFL players knocking at the door or remotely deserve a call up, Voss included.

I just dont see the point scraping for wins which mean nothing especially win an extra win could out you outaide the consensus top 7 range and out to a pick 3 spots higher
The points to win. Something this campaigner of a club hasn’t been able to do for decades - so I’m all for it. Pick 7 or 10 who cares.

No club does this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back