Preview Round 21 - Essendon Bombers vs West Coast Eagles - Saturday August 5th - 1:45 pm - Marvel (except for most of the characters from Spider Man) Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

silk

Premium Platinum
Sep 10, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Round 21 sees us take on the lowly Eagles, in what could be a season-defining game... kinda.. not in that sense that we might lose... surely not... but more in the sense that we are now in desperate need of a decent percentage boost. I'm aware that it's arrogant to expect a percentage boost, but Jesus have you seen the Eagles this season?

puke GIF

Full disclosure though, I'm away this weekend, so this was written 3 days ago.. but I reckon I've got the hang of this preview thing and can pull it off.

Wow! What an amazing/terrible win/loss that was. Those umps, lol. I have to see I was really pleased/disappointed with Zach's/Hinds's game. He really lifted/let us down when we need him most and carried us to/cost us victory. I hate to admit it, but I think our season's over/finals might be on the cards. They have if you make it you deserve to and we certainly don't/do deserve it. Sure there is work to be done to ensure we continue winning/losing to make sure we get the highest/lowest position on the ladder possible. It's important to remember what we have achieved this season. Making finals was never really the goal; the important thing is we are building a strong foundation from which we truly start competing. What's the point of playing Bryan if we're just going to keep on the bench for 2/3 of the game?

Glad we sent Franklin off with an appropriate farewell.

Los Angeles Bean GIF by Working Title

*Franklin's a great player.. I'm just happy to not see him kick any more goals on us ever again.

The Eagles on the other hand finally got their second win! Sure it was against North whom in an utter failure of tanking, forgot the percentage matters, and failed to West Coast win by enough to jump them. Unfortunately, this win also means that West Coast is no longer on track to produce a season worse than Fitzroy in 1996.

The Last Time We Met

david bowie mic GIF

Round 11 this year saw Essendon escape with a lucky win against the almighty pressure of the west coast eagles. The pressure got to us so badly that we missed a couple of set shots... we were under so much pressure that we were only able to win by 50 points; which apparently according to the commentators at least, was basically a victory for the Eagles. I know it's weird to harp on about the commentator 11 weeks later, but it really was that *en weird. If you only listened to the commentary, and couldn't see the games or the scores, you would have assumed the Eagles were winning, such was the constant praise for the almighty pressuring West Coast Eagles.

Possible Ins:

Players that played well in the VFL

Possible Outs:

Players that play poorly in the A... oh who am I kidding it will be Menzies, Cox, Hind or Bryan.

West Coast are truly awful (for reasons, I'm told) and we are well overdue for an out-and-out slaughtering of a team. It's been 10 years since our last 100-point win, so * it..

Dons by 24!
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

In: Baldwin & Whoever looks desperate to take their chance in VFL.

Out: Kelly, Guelfi, Davey, Lav & Durham

Scott says we won’t sacrifice the long term for the short term. Well let’s see it at selection this week brad. The season is cooked, let’s give some kids exposure. Play Bryan as the number 1 ruck. Play baldwin !
If there’s not a spot for Kelly in the back 6, drop him!

Scott says the same crap after every game.

We’ve lost 5 of our last 6. He’ll drop Bryan or Hobbs and bring in Weideman or Stewart.

Time to turn to youth and put some players on ice

N.Cox - Lav - Mcgrath
Redman - Zerk - Tsatas (Massimo)

Durham - Parish - N.Martin (Perkins)
Bryan - Zerrett - Hobbs (Caldwell)

Wanganeen - Baldwin - Davey (Guelfi)
Menzie - 2MP - Langford

Early thoughts;-

OUT: Kelly, Guelfi, Davey
IN: Baldwin, Tsatas, Tippa

Baldwin Zerk Heppell
Redman Lav McGrath
Durham Parish Tsatas
Martin Cox Perkins
Langford 2MP Menzie

Bryan Hobbs Merrett

Bench: Caldwell Hind Tippa Phillips

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Baldwin & Whoever looks desperate to take their chance in VFL.

Out: Kelly, Guelfi, Davey, Lav & Durham
McGrath was way worse than Kelly.
Durham is interesting. He is working up and back all day but he needs to be a bit more involved in the contest. His team defense has been good. Just needs more offense. Bit the opposite to Martin who really needs to improve his defensive transition.
Agree with Davey. He has done enough this year. Another pre season and a tidy up of the skills and he will be improved.

McGrath was way worse than Kelly.
Durham is interesting. He is working up and back all day but he needs to be a bit more involved in the contest. His team defense has been good. Just needs more offense. Bit the opposite to Martin who really needs to improve his defensive transition.
Agree with Davey. He has done enough this year. Another pre season and a tidy up of the skills and he will be improved.
Forgot about McGrath. Do we have any running backs coming through?

I would have thought a lockdown role on Papley might have been more valuable. He struggles as a running half back, really poor.

I would almost trade him if anyone interested.

We can still make bottom four, then we can whine to the AFL and maybe get free players, like Norf.
We actually deserve a PP moreso than them. 20 years next year without a finals win is extraordinarily PATHETIC and requires intervention. North have at least got as far as a Preliminary Final. Outside of Gold Coast we're it. Useless!

My Early changes

In: Tex, Tippa, Tsatas.
Out: Heppell (managed), Guefli, Kelly.

I have currently given up on Baldwin coming in.

Essendon by 44.

I'd "manage" Heppell and Laverde. Heppell was ok, but it'd be a good game to give him a rest before the last 3. Laverde needs a wake up, was off against the Swans. I'd drop Snelling and Davey, don't think Davey is quite ready yet.

Bring in Baldwin and DAmbrossio. Also I'd play AMT. West Coast would be a good game to see where he's at, and if he can find a bit of touch I'd play him for the rest of the year. I've missed him up forward.

Tsatas way off being afl ready, wouldn’t even play him against the eagles. Dodoro needs to go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back