Preview Round 23 - Essendon Bombers vs The Greater Western Sydney - Saturday, August 19th - 4:45 pm @ Unsponsored Stadium, NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been in all the winning sides. He is unco and makes mistakes but short term he is not worse than Bryan. You show a lack of understanding about how much characters like Phillips are loved inside the footy clubs . It is a kick in the nuts. Sorry mate you have carried us this far and given it all but we are going to pick the young bloke who has not really been any better because he might learn something in two games.

Carried us this far 😂😂

He has been in all the winning sides. He is unco and makes mistakes but short term he is not worse than Bryan. You show a lack of understanding about how much characters like Phillips are loved inside the footy clubs . It is a kick in the nuts. Sorry mate you have carried us this far and given it all but we are going to pick the young bloke who has not really been any better because he might learn something in two games.
I don’t care how in the know you think you are, how much vfl/training you watch ect.. you have no idea how the potential non selection of a player would effect a teams culture. Your aren’t in those 4 walls. So don’t type s**t like me having a lack of understanding when not a single person in here actually knows.

I don’t care how in the know you think you are, how much vfl/training you watch ect.. you have no idea how the potential non selection of a player would effect a teams culture. Your aren’t in those 4 walls. So don’t type s**t like me having a lack of understanding when not a single person in here actually knows.
* off. I made a general comment based on my experience in playing footy and being involved in coaching staff for 25 years . That is why I wrote "football clubs"Popular characters within clubs are their heart and sole. It has nothing at all to do with how much I may know or watch. It is just basic humanity within team sport. The bloke has busted a gut all season after years of injury. He is popular with his team mates and it would be a kick in the nuts to a bloke who has been part of the heart of the side this year despite his limitations. There are two games to go. If you start dropping the blokes who have played all year to get to where they are it is 100% something that has an effect on the players view of the coach. Keep your bloody pants on .

* off. I made a general comment based on my experience in playing footy and being involved in coaching staff for 25 years . That is why I wrote "football clubs"Popular characters within clubs are their heart and sole. It has nothing at all to do with how much I may know or watch. It is just basic humanity within team sport. The bloke has busted a gut all season after years of injury. He is popular with his team mates and it would be a kick in the nuts to a bloke who has been part of the heart of the side this year despite his limitations. There are two games to go. If you start dropping the blokes who have played all year to get to where they are it is 100% something that has an effect on the players view of the coach. Keep your bloody pants on .
100%? Again that’s BS and you guessing and sprinkling in a few things to support your argument (we are arguing different things btw 😂) I could use your logic tho. Imagine Baldwin busting his ass as a younger player all year and finally v getting an opportunity. Plays very well and is dropped. IF Baldwin is a popular team mate, I’d argue that could affect culture to…… that’s not my argument here.. I laughed at the suggestion he was being picked to play a farewell game and you spun it into me being a heartless idiot with no basic “sports” humanity

100%? Again that’s BS and you guessing and sprinkling in a few things to support your argument (we are arguing different things btw 😂) I could use your logic tho. Imagine Baldwin busting his ass as a younger player all year and finally v getting an opportunity. Plays very well and is dropped. IF Baldwin is a popular team mate, I’d argue that could affect culture to…… that’s not my argument here.. I laughed at the suggestion he was being picked to play a farewell game and you spun it into me being a heartless idiot with no basic “sports” humanity
Well we have obviously had different football experiences . I do not see why it is BS to suggest that my experience at 9 different footballs at Div 1 and lower over 25 years does not translate to AFL level. I am not guessing on Flipper being popular amongst the playing group either.
Baldwin situation is different. He has not been a feature in the senior side since round 1.
At the end of the day you said you preferred Bryan and I said it would be a kick in the nuts for Phillips. It would be for the bloke who has played most of the year.
We have a senior coach trying to get buy in from the senior players who have lacked buy in to previous coaches. Does not send a good message to leave out one of the senior guys who has played all year and held up the ruck with two rounds to go. Different story if it was 6 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Biggest game for the club in a long time, easily Brad's most important one. If we turn up mentally, we are a chance. Remember, GWS lost by 50 points last week.

Win this, I think we can beat a tired/injured Pies! One week at a time though, of course!

Still somewhat frustrating that we slipped so far after being 5th.

When
Biggest game for the club in a long time, easily Brad's most important one. If we turn up mentally, we are a chance. Remember, GWS lost by 50 points last week.

Win this, I think we can beat a tired/injured Pies! One week at a time though, of course!

Still somewhat frustrating that we slipped so far after being 5th.
you look at it’s closer it’s really been injuries to key players and a lack of depth that’s done it.

Just being about 5 AFL players short of where we need to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back