Game Day Round 23 - GWS Giants v Essendon, GIANTS Stadium, Saturday 19th August, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barrack hard for the side

But the writing was clearly on the wall 4 weeks ago

Maybe it was just the shitty unlucky fixture having eagles and North meaning today meant we were still in the finals race, so you have to keep doing what gives you the best chance to win

Once the seasons done its all about the best assets to make us better so we can have a better chance winning down the track

Theres a clear top 7. It would just be our luck to be the next pick once those 7 are gone
*8 weeks ago

i like going to the football, it's nice, personally. i've been to a fair few non-essendon games this year and it's always excellent.

i think there's probably another 3 years before the higher ups realise that there's a parasite in the club, who's initials are a and d

I say if we all stayed home for 3 weeks in a row the message would come across pretty quick.

Hep quick to give Durham the stink eye yet ignoring the fact he put in literally zero effort into that contest. Give it up son.

Name a big Re-signing player who was a focus that season who has not almost immediately gone backwards or peaked after re-signing. Probably only Merrett. Will they or won’t they sign is like the kiss of death…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We nearly did. Both of them

What kills me is being wrong and right.
Im not sure i tipped 6. But we did. And then stopped. If you're gonna slip so readily into Essington mode, then just tank it up, bank top 3 picks, and swallow the 8 year rebuild.
We want to eat our cake and have it too.
How are you right ? 6 to 8 wins would have included a few losses like today and games like the last two.
I think I have been closer to right. 10 or 11 wins and at least 5 years away from knowing if we are a genuine top 6 finals winning side.
Has anything I said pre season proved to be massively wrong ?
Not enough marking power in front of the footy.
Lack of genuine leadership.
Midfield mix still not right.
We have enough decent players to win 10 or so games but we are just a middle of the road side.
Has any of this been proven wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back