Preview Round 21 - Essendon Bombers vs West Coast Eagles - Saturday August 5th - 1:45 pm - Marvel (except for most of the characters from Spider Man) Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voss...... We drafted him in the hope he may become a big strong midfielder which he had no idea about
It's probably been said elsewhere previously and I've missed it, but reading this for the first time has me quite amazed. Where did he play as a junior?

If as a forward and we thought we could convert him, why wouldn't we draft an actual midfielder of decent size that we think could step up once in a professional system? Surely you'd have a far greater hit rate going down that path.

It's probably been said elsewhere previously and I've missed it, but reading this for the first time has me quite amazed. Where did he play as a junior?

If as a forward and we thought we could convert him, why wouldn't we draft an actual midfielder of decent size that we think could step up once in a professional system? Surely you'd have a far greater hit rate going down that path.

From memory he was a bit of a utility and played all over the place, including plenty of midfield minutes. Think his positives were considered his strength and his marking, and his weaknesses were agility/lateral movement and kicking

He was a stones throw at his range

We have Setterfield who we traded in and we drafted Perkins

Plus Hobbs

I dont think we just believe in size, you need to have the ability to play that role aswell (ie Hibberd, RCD, C.Stephens ect ect)

He was a stones throw at his range

We have Setterfield who we traded in and we drafted Perkins

Plus Hobbs

I dont think we just believe in size, you need to have the ability to play that role aswell (ie Hibberd, RCD, C.Stephens ect ect)
I get that late and rookie picks are speculative, the question was more in response to Ant saying they wanted him to be a big bodied mid. If you want one, take the closest fit if they're available, not someone who plays a bit of everywhere who could be a midfielder. If Voss was the closest fit, so be it.

I get that late and rookie picks are speculative, the question was more in response to Ant saying they wanted him to be a big bodied mid. If you want one, take the closest fit if they're available, not someone who plays a bit of everywhere who could be a midfielder. If Voss was the closest fit, so be it.
You do sometimes have to turn players into things

Fyfe wasnt a midfielder till AFL
C.Nash at the hawks a classic example

These players are still available that late, because its unsure of where they could fit in exactly

You dont do that with earlier picks as such, but the latter they get, you do

And TBH im not convinced they wanted him to be just a midfielder. I think he was just a guy they had no idea what he would be and were fully aware of that

7 news confirmed

IN - Tsatas
OUT - Davey and Snelling
Thats It GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you have baldwin as the sub
I don't think Menzie or Davey will be IMO .

That leaves Weid or Baldwin.

Just my 2c

I would have named Baldwin for Heppell or Lav if I was selector. If they bring in Weid I would be looking elsewhere if I was Baldwin. Might fit in well at a club like the Dogs.

Just my 2c

I would have named Baldwin for Heppell or Lav if I was selector. If they bring in Weid I would be looking elsewhere if I was Baldwin. Might fit in well at a club like the Dogs.

I reckon you might see Baldwin in and Heppell sub as a bit of a rest

Just my 2c

It’ll likely be Davey or Snelling if they leave the 22 the same

What’s the point of giving Davey 1 week and dropping him? Stringer out 2 weeks now no look at Voss, team selection is a frustration
Not sure what people are seeing in Voss? Can't even star at VFL level which is such a low bar. Davey miles off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back