AFL Player #38: Archie Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

From Essendon's FB page.

403651263_1414186839441410_1746401223011846549_n.jpg
That neck!

Could a real bargain.

Was expected to be fringe of the first round.. would love to know why he slid so far.

To me eyes he’s a smoother moving Daniel Rich. Potentially very handy for a side lacking classy distribution.

There’s definitely some potential there. I will be watching him with great interest. Seems he has a bit of steel in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emergency.

is it so out of the realms that if we get an injury at half back we go to Roberts and not Heppell?
Well considering Heppell wasn’t even named an emergency. 🤔

Well considering Heppell wasn’t even named an emergency. 🤔

Reckon it will be that way in the real stuff? I certainly hope so but I can’t say I’m confident

Was it in one of the match sims that he played really well on a wing?

And is he a defensive player?
Not overly defensive, that's why he slipped

I’d assume it would have more to it that, you can always coach up a player to be more defensive.
Yeah it's coachable but it's his main flaw

There’s plenty of players that have defensive flaws in underage footy that don’t significantly drop in the draft. I’d say there would be other reasons why he dropped as well

Sometimes players just slide because they aren't the type teams need to take higher in the draft. It's not 'hard' to find running small-medium offensive defenders so teams tend to go for the harder to find types earlier in the draft. Haven't read anything to suggest it was more than just what it seems. Has a few deficiencies and not in a position that tends to go high in the draft.

Seems to have little problem hitting the scoreboard off a wing. With an obvious small forward weakness, Id like us to try him up there in a Brent Daniels up and back style role. He seems more ready than the Daveys atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back