AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Really low TOG (60%~) leads me to believe he's got to work on his tank, but when he was around the contest - something always happened. Will be something special IMO.

I was surprised to see that low TOG when just the week before our fitness guy was saying how pleasantly surprised he was about Perkins GPS numbers being rather impressive. So it may not necessarily be an issue with his tank.

Don’t know if it’s been said but reminds me very much of David Zaharakis in playing style especially David’s first season or two with the high half forward work the good hands and the unique kicking style

Don’t mean to repeat myself but as no one give two craps about me. Archie is. David zaharkakks all over. Cop that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t mean to repeat myself but as no one give two craps about me. Archie is. David zaharkakks all over. Cop that

The guy great in the contest, nothing like Zaharakis.

Before i can work out what you mean, are you in the ‘David has been a solid contributor at Essendon, but Has a few off games’ camp, or the ‘David Zaharakis is a soft, downhill skier, who signifies everything that has been wrong about Essendon for the last 20 years’ camp?

Last edited:
Playing a man’s game in a kid’s body at the moment, you can’t help but be impressed.

His contest to contest workrate suggests accumulating the footy 25 times a game consistently is well within his reach and his size, ability overhead and strength through the hips make him a big point of difference for us.

With regards to his kicking, seems like a ‘gotta learn to walk before you learn to run’ type thing. He’s doing a lot of across his body, trying to curl kicks into leading lanes type stuff at the moment. Which is great because it means he can see it, but probably good for him to get confidence by hitting easier options at the moment.

The whole long hair, socks down, thick hips wiggling through tackles makes him look like a baby Fyfe.

Playing a man’s game in a kid’s body at the moment, you can’t help but be impressed.

His contest to contest workrate suggests accumulating the footy 25 times a game consistently is well within his reach and his size, ability overhead and strength through the hips make him a big point of difference for us.

With regards to his kicking, seems like a ‘gotta learn to walk before you learn to run’ type thing. He’s doing a lot of across his body, trying to curl kicks into leading lanes type stuff at the moment. Which is great because it means he can see it, but probably good for him to get confidence by hitting easier options at the moment.

The whole long hair, socks down, thick hips wiggling through tackles makes him look like a baby Fyfe.

I like Tim Watson call.

Either way, Perkins is doing stuff that is as sustainable as Cox in the position we want him to play it's just not yet as eye catching.

I suspect his kicking will not be his strongest suit BUT otherwise he looks good.
Fyfe can't kick. Danger has always been suspect unless running full tilt at goal
JDG is poor, Tracc isn't great & Steele is so so.

Dusty and Stringer are the only two in this mould that i can think of that are decent kicks.
Shame Stringer can't play midfield more.

Fyfe can't kick. Danger has always been suspect unless running full tilt at goal
JDG is poor, Tracc isn't great & Steele is so so.

Dusty and Stringer are the only two in this mould that i can think of that are decent kicks.
Shame Stringer can't play midfield more.
Dusty's kicking is overrated. JDG and Petracca are as good if not better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back