AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

We should delist Harry Jones.

Didn't Harry Jones cost Ben Rutten his job because he went for the big moment against Collingwood instead of doing the smart thing and passing it sideways and running the clock down?

Didn't Harry Jones cost Ben Rutten his job because he went for the big moment against Collingwood instead of doing the smart thing and passing it sideways and running the clock down?
He should've displayed the un-coachable qualities Lance Uppercut was talking about, like Jamie Elliot, and kicked the goal. But your way probably works just as well.

I'll be pretty flat if we take most of his inside minutes away from him for Parish if he's back this week and we see his production really dip, we have to give him a solid 2 month block to build his game.

I've been big on getting both Parish and Merrett away from the center at the same time, I don't think as a duo they work in the middle, need to split them up, Merrett can impact from anywhere IMO, I'd play him less inside to give Perkins his shot.

Providing Darcy is back I'd play, Parish, Perkins, Setterfield with relief from Merrett, Durham, Caldwell

What about Hobbs?

What about Hobbs?
I'm not sure what type of midfield we're trying to build, Parish, Hobbs and Caldwell don't all fit if we keep playing Perkins, Durham, Tsatas and Setterfield.

One of Caldwell/Hobbs might be better traded for a small forward with pace.

It's why I was keen to explore a 1st rounder for Darcy last year.

Too many of our mids are only ok in secondary positions, that's an issue.

I'm not sure what type of midfield we're trying to build, Parish, Hobbs and Caldwell don't all fit if we keep playing Perkins, Durham, Tsatas and Setterfield.

One of Caldwell/Hobbs might be better traded for a small forward with pace.

It's why I was keen to explore a 1st rounder for Darcy last year.

Too many of our mids are only ok in secondary positions, that's an issue.
You do need 6 midfielders. I agree you do not want a Parish / Hobbs / Caldwell combination at the same time but combinations of Merrett / Parish / Perkins / / Durham / Setterfield / Caldwell / Hobbs works for me. Right now Tsatas has been more wing and personally I think he needs to be playing VFL in the midfield and honing that skill.

think he's really coming of age. stood up to the heat of a ross lyon team in the first half. composed, physical, classy in the second half as it broke open. he never stopped working and tackling well.

really need to keep pumping midfield minutes into him.

we might be onto to something here...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back