Senior 17. Brodie Kemp

Remove this Banner Ad

Brought in too soon
I reckon he was brought in too late. North game would've been good.
Not the best debut, but doesn't mean a thing in the grand scheme of things.
Ideally, he's not played as a KPD when half our side's missing and we're playing a top 4 side. Not sure why we didn't play Charlie and Gov as the forwards and Weiters and Levi as the defenders to allow Kemp more freedom to play his natural role.

I just hope we don't drop them both next week. Balance the team up a bit better at the bookends.
Durdin was all over the place in the first half. Positioned himself well at the marking contests and was effecting multiple contests with manic pressure. Now he knows to pace himself a little bit better so he can be in the game for longer.
Kemp had a couple of nice moments, but could benefit from less pressure by not having to lock down a key tall.

Ideally, he's not played as a KPD when half our side's missing and we're playing a top 4 side. Not sure why we didn't play Charlie and Gov as the forwards and Weiters and Levi as the defenders to allow Kemp more freedom to play his natural role.

Yep really hope they use Levi back next week and Kemp further up the field.

Ramsay for Murph/Newnes would be welcome too

Not ready for senior footy just yet and certainly not ready to play the role we asked of him yesterday.

Should play again next week though and use that as a platform to have a really strong preseason and push for senior selection early next year.

I think Levi was brought in to help in ruck. Also I hope it was also to look if there any point keeping him on list next season because if we did it should only be to either help in ruck or back up key defence. I think it past that point. Retire in off season and concentrate of rest of his life post footy career.

Swap to forward line with Mcgovern back?
Needs to be done in last round. We need to see if there any hope of McGovern becoming a backman to justify keeping him on list.
Kemp we just need to experience some senior footy before season is over and see what positions he can play. At this point just playing footy again is most important step for him. There was going to be no reserves games so playing in seniors is the right thing to do with just this round to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I saw enough early to really like what he going to be long term.
He’s also super well developed physically. More muscular than any of our defenders, probably the most muscular guy in our side barring Casboult/Cripps

When he gets it right he’ll either be a great 3rd tall defender, or hopefully; he goes the way of Cripps.

We’ve scarred a lot of debutants over the past 15 years - very difficult to develop a no excuses winning culture with that sort of nurture, no matter what sort of nature they’ve started out with.

He’s also super well developed physically. More muscular than any of our defenders, probably the most muscular guy in our side barring Casboult/Cripps

When he gets it right he’ll either be a great 3rd tall defender, or hopefully; he goes the way of Cripps.
Hopefully does not go the way of Cripps. Cripps been poor for nearly two full seasons imo. Rather Kemp keep progressing. We do not need players regressing.
At this stage, I got no idea where Kemp best footy will be, I just know looking at his skills, he looks the goods overall and is a strong build so he probably can play a number of spots. Might take a few years to know where best spot is. Two years without footy at such a young age means there is lots to learn about where he going to be able to play best. One of the only positives from day for club was just getting a debut game under his belt.

2 more years!

THE Carlton Football Club is pleased to announce promising defender Brodie Kemp has signed a new two-year deal with the Club.

Keeping him at IKON Park until at least the end of 2023, the signing demonstrates the Club’s belief in the 20-year-old, who made his debut this season following an injury-interrupted start to his AFL career.

CFC2-342-COMM21-Resign-Kemp-Web-Article.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back