Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

570909_ddba2cb310c986c1b3c573e246eb24e5.jpg

1*Eo_bK1gc27uPeb-jMCbLhA.jpeg

My name is Jasper Inigo Pittardo.

I am elite at the Rebounda 50s.

Prepare to die.
Laughed way too loud and long on 'rebounda'. Well done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those highlights are sensational. Handball a bit iffy in places but the boy can kick a football. Has real potential.
What struck me though was that all those highlights were against s**t teams.. Saints, Freo, Lions.

Jury is well and truly out for me on this one. Definitely our new whipping boy though.

Initially was pretty disappointed with Jasper's addition to the Polec trade however has shown some potential albeit a few years back and if Port are paying a portion of his salary well I guess its not a total disaster.

Hopefully he does well.

Thought I'd come over to add my genuine best wishes for Jasp at North.

As you're probably aware he was very much maligned at Port. This was because his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness; back when we were s**t(ter) in ~2011 he was the only one courageous enough to take the play on from half back, rather than playing kick to kick in a stagnant back half like the rest of our defenders did. His composure got the better of him often but he worked on reducing his errors and improved to the point he was obviously named in the AA squad in 2016.

Infuriatingly at the time the "JUST KICK IT!" brigade was still vitriolic in their criticism, since his errors were so glaring due to the amount of time he typically held onto the ball prior and the audaciousness of some of the acts he tried to bite off. I always felt this was very unfair and uneducated. Unfortunately in the last year, his negatives started outweighing his positives and other more consistent guys went past him, at which point he lost the support of the more logical supporters and the coaches. Some talk on the Port board he was playing through injury, but overall I think the weight of criticism coupled with the soul-sapping defensive gameplan just got too much for him and he dropped his head.

Pretty sad it came to this as he loved our club and showed a lot of loyalty last year when he re-signed for less. Genuinely hope this is the fresh start he needs and you can manage him in a role where his strengths can shine through, you certainly won't be shy of run. All the best JP :thumbsu:

What struck me though was that all those highlights were against s**t teams.. Saints, Freo, Lions.

Jury is well and truly out for me on this one. Definitely our new whipping boy though.
Sadly I noticed that too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back