Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Where can I buy such a masterpiece to hang just above the bed?*

*pending permission from the wife.

1) Right click: save image as
2) Select: Desktop
3) Print (laminate if preferred)

He has shown very little, to no ........

Elite qualities......

And thats the sort of players you need to be bringing into your team, when you are trying to build a premiership side.

No offence against Jasper, he sounds like a great bloke.

But he is so far from elite, its not funny....

Thats why Port were keen to get rid off him....

And Joyce and Brad were stupid enough to take him....

Regardless of who is paying his wage.

Would he get a look in at WCE Coll Rich Geel ?
Stupid enough to take him. What a joke. He has already improved our side. He was considered elite enough in 2016 to make the AA squad. He could easily get back to that form with an injury free run. And we gave up nothing for him plus Port is paying part of his salary. We have made some poor trades in the past but the Polec Pittard one could prove to be one of our best.

OR

He is a good footballer that has had the benefit of a solid pre season for the first time since 2016, where he was in the mix for all Australian.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is a decent player, if not for the brain farts. Someone mentioned as third man up....absolutely.

The problem is the mistakes tend to happen at the absolute worst times, then all the good he does in a game gets forgotten.

Happy he has found another club.

The anti Pittard crew make me smile. Let's start with what he doesn't do. No bludging looking for cheap stats out the back. No finger gesturing and no going missing for large tracts of the game. On the flip side, he closes down space, attacks the contest but, more than anything, the bloke with the unmade bed haircut gets involved. Yep he fronts up. Spare me on this brain fade rubbish. Perhaps we worry about that when we're at the other end of the ladder. I'll take a bloke who makes mistakes from doing something over the timid souls who do nothing. Premiership teams are full of blokes like Pittard. Pagan would have loved him.

The anti Pittard crew make me smile. Let's start with what he doesn't do. No bludging looking for cheap stats out the back. No finger gesturing and no going missing for large tracts of the game. On the flip side, he closes down space, attacks the contest but, more than anything, the bloke with the unmade bed haircut gets involved. Yep he fronts up. Spare me on this brain fade rubbish. Perhaps we worry about that when we're at the other end of the ladder. I'll take a bloke who makes mistakes from doing something over the timid souls who do nothing. Premiership teams are full of blokes like Pittard. Pagan would have loved him.

Every single person I’ve spoken too has said omg how s**t was pittard!

(I live in Adelaide btw)

Pittard should be the example for every North Melbourne player on how to attack the game.
Tough, daring and uncompromising. Bring that and everything else will come.
It's not just that. It's torque. He's the Jed Anderson of the backline and why he stands out vs jmac, Sam, LMac. Their acceleration is pus. (Think Jack, Cunners too.)

In fact, it's this, as much as 'pace' per se, that our side sadly lacks. Now that he seems to have developed some long overdue maturity, mentally and physically, it's one of Sean Atley's strengths and why he's shining too.

OR

He is a good footballer that has had the benefit of a solid pre season for the first time since 2016, where he was in the mix for all Australian.

It’s funny. Guys like Gibbo, LMac and JMac have been smashed on here for making mistakes that cost less than Pittards * up’s. He pretty much guarantees a goal to the opposition every game with one of his turnovers.

Every single person I’ve spoken too has said omg how s**t was pittard!

(I live in Adelaide btw)
He’s the new Lindsay Thomas. Doesn’t matter how many times he stuffs up, as long as tries a couple of times he’s the greatest player since Jesus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s funny. Guys like Gibbo, LMac and JMac have been smashed on here for making mistakes that cost less than Pittards **** up’s. He pretty much guarantees a goal to the opposition every game with one of his turnovers.

He’s the new Lindsay Thomas. Doesn’t matter how many times he stuffs up, as long as tries a couple of times he’s the greatest player since Jesus.

You should stop posting from the US. Being in an idiocracy is clearly having an affect on you.

Jasper has been a good pick up, particularly for steak knives. Easily top 5 for us in b and f , apply the blowtorch elsewhere.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where can I buy such a masterpiece to hang just above the bed?*

Print or Original? Might have to bump the price up :sternlook

1) Right click: save image as
2) Select: Desktop
3) Print (laminate if preferred)

Killing my business here mate I thrive on low quality jpeg prints!

When you don't know whether a player is good or bad, the truth usually lies in between. I can think of a few on our list who polarise opinion.

We are the club of inbetweeners.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

For his size, he's very agile, quick over the first 5-10 and good when the ball hits the ground. He's strong one on one in marking contests and has taken some good marks by getting in front in pack situations. All of these traits make him a very good defender.

His turnovers against Port were uncharacteristic of what he's been doing for most of the season but I'll take them given his strengths.

This board's thread already reads like ours on Jasp.

Back in our dark days of 2011-2012 when our footy was more stagnant than the river Torrens he was the shining light, just kept trying and trying to create and break lines and start some run when the rest of our team were flatfooted. Made mistakes but lead the way as a teenager and was fearless.

Good lad, good heart. Hated the booing from some of our supporters but there's still plenty of us on the flip side right behind him.
Was kind of surprised by the Boos to be honest.

By the sounds of things he was effectively told there was no place for him at Port and they wanted to trade him.

The Polec boos I could kind of understand, but the Pittard ones struck me as strange

Was kind of surprised by the Boos to be honest.

By the sounds of things he was effectively told there was no place for him at Port and they wanted to trade him.

The Polec boos I could kind of understand, but the Pittard ones struck me as strange

They were cos he hit Rozee in the first 30 seconds of the game, then "pushed him over".

Cough, cough, dive, cough.

OR

Or Port are on the way to building a premiership team and do not see pittard as part of that. So they offload their rubbish to nprth and Brad says will take him. He will be right at home with jmac wright and lmac.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back