Player Watch #17: Lachie Young - NM trade pick 63 to BL for pick 70 - BL trades S.Martin to WBD - WBD trade LY to NM - welcome LY

Remove this Banner Ad

giantroo

Bleeding Blue and White
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Chicago Bulls
Under the little-known AFL rule, if a player is offered a third year on the rookie list he can reject it and automatically become a free agent and move to his club of choice.

However the Dogs say they did offer Young a position on the primary list and that they will force a trade with North Melbourne. He informed the Bulldogs on Monday of his decision.

Ah, article has been updated. They can take pick 111.

SnowyontheTram

Senior List
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They got a few good youngsters not getting enough game time like Lipinski or Lewis young both would be handy
Would take Lipinski in a heart beat.

Psicosis

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Under the little-known AFL rule, if a player is offered a third year on the rookie list he can reject it and automatically become a free agent and move to his club of choice.

However the Dogs say they did offer Young a position on the primary list and that they will force a trade with North Melbourne. He informed the Bulldogs on Monday of his decision.

That article has been edited since GR first posted it...

glenn2479

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like it, quietly luring young boys across
Cardinal Brady Rawlings??

The Filth Wizard

These Meats Are Spoiled
Jul 26, 2007
The Throne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Gold City Royals
So basically they got wind of the pending offer from us and offered him a spot on the senior list to force us to trade. AFL response will be interesting
Is a weird response but will get sorted one way or the other. There'll be proof either way if they offered a senior deal or rookie list deal and if it's the former we trade light for a rookie in good faith or worst case scenario he's our PSD addition.

Psicosis

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is a weird response but will get sorted one way or the other. There'll be proof either way if they offered a senior deal or rookie list deal and if it's the former we trade light for a rookie in good faith or worst case scenario he's our PSD addition.
I doubt it will even get to that. Dogs clearly trying to flex, but will back down and let him walk. It’s not worth the effort, unless they want pick 118.

If Hayden left, we would have done the same and just let him walk.

Luff/Brady will already have a plan for pick 2 in PSD & I think will be a bigger get then Young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psicosis

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So, should we have stayed quiet about this for a little bit longer?
I assume that Lachie told the Dogs today that he was signing with North. His management (mentioned in that article) would have leaked the story. Dogs throw a tantrum and now claim that they offered him a list spot.

Good on Young, gets a senior contract regardless. Makes no sense that the Young camp would say they didn’t offer him a senior spot, and now they claim they did.

Someone is lying, and my money is on the Bulldogs.

Karanicolas

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
They are currently scrambling to convince themselves that some holding emails to the manager amounted to an "offer".

They should read the chapter on offers in this book before they waste Peter Gordon's time.

1603713888486.png

Jimmy's Hot Dogs

Premiership Player
May 1, 2005
Rural and Regional Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangas, Roos, Shinboners
I know we delisted Jade Rawlings but can we trade him and Lachie Veale for Young?

Joycey

Debutant
Oct 20, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Too bad for the dogs. There will be a paper trail. Get a forensics team in there to see if we contacted him first and if so fine the dogs for lying.

Remove this Banner Ad