Past #18: Josh Smith - drafted with #60 in '07 ND - delisted at end of '10 season - turning circle of QE2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.

In the absence of long term injuries to Petrie/Hale/Black/Tarrant/Kennedy, Smith will get chucked in The Great Footy Career Bin.

Nothing against him. Just not good enough for senior footy. Hey, neither am I.

wait up ! arn't you living in Scotland ? how much of Smith have you actually seen ?...ive seen enough of him at N Ballarat to say he should be given at least a chance to play and settle in at either full / centre half.

wait up ! arn't you living in Scotland ? how much of Smith have you actually seen ?...ive seen enough of him at N Ballarat to say he should be given at least a chance to play and settle in at either full / centre half.

Seconded.

He has shown he can play at VFL level and dominate, and with limited chances at AFL level he has done a reasonable job for a young KPF.

Seconded.

He has shown he can play at VFL level and dominate, and with limited chances at AFL level he has done a reasonable job for a young KPF.
Please define dominate. Then provide some evidence of this domination. And he is not young, people forget we recruited him at a mature age. I could have told you all that from Djibuti.

I repeat, Josh Smith = Brent LeCras = Adam Lange

These blokes don't have break out years. They play solid state level football in key positions and sometimes they get to fill a gap at AFL level for a few games.

Please define dominate. Then provide some evidence of this domination. And he is not young, people forget we recruited him at a mature age. I could have told you all that from Djibuti.

What about breaking a GF open with 5 goals and MOTM?

I'm sorry, I'll try and record more untelevised VFL games to throw into my Josh Smith Domination Collection.

What about breaking a GF open with 5 goals and MOTM?

I'm sorry, I'll try and record more untelevised VFL games to throw into my Josh Smith Domination Collection.

Good point.

VFL form is a lot stronger than what it used to be.

Yep Smith and Hale to fight it out head to head in rounds 1 and 2 to see who holds their spot when Petrie returns.

I'm on!

Huge game for him to show his stuff. There seems to be a lot of youse who are hoping the bus blows a tyre, just to so you can be smug about your doomsday delisting predictions.

Anyhoo, I've been wanting to see him in the 22 all year so I can't wait for the game. Got my fingers crossed that he shows something, hope his team mates kick it to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is josh smith your talking about . Come on the only reason he gets noticed is because the number on his back , but s**t i hope you guys are right .

Unfortunately disappointing again. With Hale out, probably gets a few more weeks to show his stuff. Otherwise... no, I don't think he's done enough by any stretch.

I was hoping for more sure, but this Queen Mary turning circle myth is surely busted. I thought he moved around pretty well.

Also thought the delivery to him was poor, and that he was overlooked a couple of times while in a good possie - i.e. 30 metres in the clear 15 out when Garlett took the running shot for goal and missed. I'd have thought his VFL mate would have looked out for him a little better.

Quite a nice mark he took as well. Should get another game next week with Hale's injury, so it should be easier this time to slot into the 'structure'.

It was probably the weight of ball coming in, but the forward line looked more dangerous tonight than it has been.

Just looks lost, he leads to the wrong areas which is why he's always overlooked. He leads up the ground too much aswell, after hale went down he should have just stayed in the 50.

I don't think it was the sort of game where you can really judge his performance to be honest.

But I am willing to bet we'll have people mamnage to say he was both shite and wonderful.

Fair point too - crap tonight but he needs a few games to give him a chance to get up to the game standard. Wouldn't drop him but he really needs to lift.

Fair point too - crap tonight but he needs a few games to give him a chance to get up to the game standard. Wouldn't drop him but he really needs to lift.
All that said, I reckon anyone who says that Smith is country league standard is probably right.

But you just can't base that s**t on his first game in in a game like that.

By no means a Smith knocker! Saw him train on Friday, thought he might be up for a big game, although he was disappointing tonight. Hope he gets another run against the Dogs.

1. His Work Rate - Wasn't poor, but could have been better.
2. Decision Making - Simply took the wrong option at times.
3. Foot Skills - Confidence? Don't know, but a really poor kick Inside 50 to Edwards that put him under the pump, and another on the wing, where he tried to spot up a 15 metre target and kicked it straight to the man on the mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back