Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

Ats is becoming a bit of a all-rounder. Can go back, forward and break lines in the middle if needed.

Who knew a player performing poorly after the blistering 2012 season could become so versatile?

Credit where credit is due, he has improved a lot from those days.

Last week we saw this guy stand up in a tackle from Sloane (of all people) and then hit a target inside 50.

Today in the first quarter, when the game was still on the line, he again stood up in a tackle, broke it, and hit his target.

One of the few positives to take from the first five games of this season.

I'll admit it. I was wrong. I wrote him off. But at only 26 years of age, he could have five GOOD years of footy ahead of him.

Well done.

Last week we saw this guy stand up in a tackle from Sloane (of all people) and then hit a target inside 50.

Today in the first quarter, when the game was still on the line, he again stood up in a tackle, broke it, and hit his target.

One of the few positives to take from the first five games of this season.

I'll admit it. I was wrong. I wrote him off. But at only 26 years of age, he could have five GOOD years of footy ahead of him.

Well done.

It is for this reason I am adamant that he needs more midfield time. We need him around the stoppages. This is where he excelled as a junior. He has shown glimpses in congestion for years at AFL level, but we have insisted on using his foot-speed across the flanks.

Yes, he's fast. Speed does not a flanker make. This man attacks the contest, breaks tackles, and makes good decisions in traffic. We are getting slaughtered at the contest. Cunnington, Atley and Jed at the centre bounce would go a long way to rectifying that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree having his best season. Would like to see them get it in his hands some more and take them on with his run and carry
He has been great. Am I right in thinking he is a free agent at the end of this season?

Last edited:
Today I saw Essendon players run away from Ats when they were within a few metres of him and he didn't chase at all despite being faster than them.

In the second quarter when we were being ripped apart by players under no pressure at all.

Today I saw Essendon players run away from Ats when they were within a few metres of him and he didn't chase at all despite being faster than them.

In the second quarter when we were being ripped apart by players under no pressure at all.
To be fair ferball, today you saw * players run away from every single North player under no pressure at all.

To be fair ferball, today you saw * players run away from every single North player under no pressure at all.

At one point it was him in the middle and if anyone in our side is capable of chasing at pace and running campaigners down its him. We were still in the game at that point. Anyway there's other threads I'll be posting in.

Having his best season, keep it up Shaun. But we should be expecting this sort of level from players who have played almost 200 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back