Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

He played wing in the match simulation which is good because in traffic he um, you know..........yeah he aint much chop. I would make this suggestion to him;

When confronted by one or more opposition players, instead of stopping, try running around them or make provision to dispose the ball to a teammate before stopping and staring at them.

Hot on the heels of Hawthorn gifting us Rising Star nom and future Hall of Famer Ryan Bastinac last year, now it emerges they have given us Shaun Atley too!

The ever reliable Emma Quayle writes:

North Melbourne, the only club to use a compensation pick, benefited: it got crafty forward Kieran Harper, a player it had looked at for pick 17.

Thus, had we not plamed Hales off to them, we would have been in a horrible dilemma come pick 17.

Instead, we took the best available in Atley and sat back to snare our main target ten picks later.

I believe the 'Thanks for Bastinac and Atley' line should be deployed at every opportunity.

Just wanted to bump the original OP

I'm off to find one of my Hawthorn supporting mates, to take the advice offered and to thank them for Basti and Ats. Wonder how that will work out.

Good.

Would prefer him on the wing than Gibson.

Let's hope he can turn his stagnating career around this year. Would be huge for us if he could find the footy 20+ times a game and provide some line breaking ability through the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least now when he inevitably turns it over through poor decision making or shits himself under the smallest amount of pressure or turns into someone who looks like he's never even seen a game of AFL let alone plays as a professional when in traffic it will be further away from our goal.

So that's a positive.

But seriously, well, actually that, but lets also hope that it frees him up a little and he can, at the very least, play with the entertaining, reckless abandon which made him such a promising football prospect circa 2012.

At least now when he inevitably turns it over through poor decision making or shits himself under the smallest amount of pressure or turns into someone who looks like he's never even seen a game of AFL let alone plays as a professional when in traffic it will be further away from our goal.

So that's a positive.
At least my object of scorn got delisted. I'm also not enamoured of Atley in the middle, but with the right level of support around him, can abide him in the team at HB. You have my sympathies.

At least my object of scorn got delisted. I'm also not enamoured of Atley in the middle, but with the right level of support around him, can abide him in the team at HB. You have my sympathies.
Unlike The Old BMac, at least Atley has previously shown considerable talent at AFL level. It's just too bad that it was 5 years ago and since then when you would normally expect players to continue to improve, he has gone so far backwards that, well, I can't really think of a witty enough analogy, but you get the point.

It makes it all the more frustrating.

I kind of hope he's told to just get the ball and run. I can accept it if he's making mistakes like that, but not when he has a single opponent about 5 metres away and he just panics and decides to handball it to no one.

Unlike The Old BMac, at least Atley has previously shown considerable talent at AFL level. It's just too bad that it was 5 years ago and since then when you would normally expect players to continue to improve, he has gone so far backwards that, well, I can't really think of a witty enough analogy, but you get the point.

It makes it all the more frustrating.

I kind of hope he's told to just get the ball and run. I can accept it if he's making mistakes like that, but not when he has a single opponent about 5 metres away and he just panics and decides to handball it to no one.

Bread?

Couldn't be any worse than at HB (not that he's useless, just not particularly overwhelming).
Yep
Im of this opinion now as well
Shaun's performance on Betts in the final was pathetic
He can make a footballer of himself in the midfield and pull the finger out or * off back to the VFL and off the list

Sick of weak minded players wasting our time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back