Past #2: Marley Williams - delisted after 60 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Marley

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_n2unvmhfmF1tw4scyo1_500.gif

As an outsider what do you think of north trades

It's been a good trade period. You've picked up two guys who I expect will be best 22 next season and have given up literally nothing. Pick 69 and 105 weren't ever being used and next years downgrades won't hurt much.

Haven't seen Ahern play but for a former top ten pick he's worth the risk even if it takes him a few seasons to get over those knee injuries. Hrovat will be a good player, I'm a little disappointed we couldn't get more out of the deal but sometimes that happens. Just needs some continuity and he'll be great. Williams has some limitations but will easily be best 22, bargain. Might mean McDonald moves into the midfield next season.

I honestly think most people against this trade have only seen marley play once (this year against us). He made a few blues that game and had a bit of a down year.

I'm over the moon. Locks down well (has done well on boomer and LT previously) and has great dash. Basically got him for free.

Hopefully this trade is an eye opener for him. Knuckle down, have a good pre-season and he will be our best recruit this season.

Pick #105 bloody hell what a get.

I've always liked the way Williams plays and have thought before that I'd like us to have him.

Takes the game on, breaks the lines, hard at the contest and a never back down aggression even if it is occasionally misdirected.

Will break up the "Axis of Ordinary" down back for us.

Get on the Marley train if you can catch it!

Welcome Marley and I looked forward to seeing you become a mainstay in the blue and white for years to come.

I honestly think most people against this trade have only seen marley play once (this year against us). He made a few blues that game and had a bit of a down year.

I'm over the moon. Locks down well (has done well on boomer and LT previously) and has great dash. Basically got him for free.

Hopefully this trade is an eye opener for him. Knuckle down, have a good pre-season and he will be our best recruit this season.

he has more upside than Nahas - I dips my lid to the trade team. We got something for nothing. We need angry aggressive players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can get his head right, stay out of the courts and have a big pre-season he will certainly improve our side for round one.

Im ecstatic with this trade at that price. As mentioned above apart from LMac we dont actually have a lockdown small defender and using a pick 8 in that spot who should be our future captain is not a good long term strategy. Betts proved how poor JMac, Atley and Mullett are as lockdown small defenders.

He doesnt have a great kick - i know his disposal efficiency isnt bad but thats mainly because he likes to bomb it 50m from the backline with most kicks but he is fast and loves a scuffle. Thats exactly what we need in a back pocket player

Lets not forget Spud retired - We cant rely on guys like Atley and JMac to start fights and niggle before the bounce from 2017 - We can rely on Marley

Don't forget that time Andrew Swallow accidentally took a pen from the bank. He's no angel.
I thought it was a chewing gum from Coles, as it turns out it was stuck to his size 10 Asics Gel.

Welcome Marley and may you fill the campaigner void left by our former two great number 11's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back