Past #2: Marley Williams - delisted after 60 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Marley

Remove this Banner Ad

Can i ask a question?

Im going too anyway. But i figured i might get a better perspective from you guys.

This seems like a major screwup in so many ways. If this was a "prank" it would have been handled better. Do you think mazda actually f'd up and thought nobody would manage this in a no pressure drill? Let alone the first person.

I feel like marley is getting a car if the media actually start commenting on this further.
An AFL club all getting a chance to hit the post, chances are someones going to hit it.

If they didn't want anyone winning it they woudn't have even done it as a prank so no stuff up.
I'm glad he didn't get injured when they all jumped on him cause it could have turned out worse, but no harm good team bonding.

An AFL club all getting a chance to hit the post, chances are someones going to hit it.

If they didn't want anyone winning it they woudn't have even done it as a prank so no stuff up.
I'm glad he didn't get injured when they all jumped on him cause it could have turned out worse, but no harm good team bonding.

It just confused me because i watched the footy feed video and thought "that seemed odd" so dl the NM app too see what it said.

One says the prize was a car the other said $1 mill. Given the reactions... "punk'd" seemed to "not" fit.

Great to see you guys jumping on the new boy. I think it says alot about team spirit and buying into the program. I hope marley feels accepted and shows what he is capable of. I have always thought of him as a good player if he could get his s**t together.

But on topic... this promo is "odd" i still don't buy it

It just confused me because i watched the footy feed video and thought "that seemed odd" so dl the NM app too see what it said.

One says the prize was a car the other said $1 mill. Given the reactions... "punk'd" seemed to "not" fit.

Great to see you guys jumping on the new boy. I think it says alot about team spirit and buying into the program. I hope marley feels accepted and shows what he is capable of. I have always thought of him as a good player if he could get his s**t together.

But on topic... this promo is "odd" i still don't buy it
Shut up and buy a Skoda.........you won't regret it.

Its a board joke here."shut up and buy a membership"....... seriously the skoda won't let you down

Ive never been good with team boards. To much favouritism over logic and proof.

Im not trying to affect the ecosystem here. I just think there is more to this than the two campaigner videos released. And decided not to make a bay13 fred and instead just quietly ask your mob instead.

I actually really like how the boys have got around Marley since he came to the club.

From day dot they have made every effort to make him feel included and he really looks like he fits in.

I think getting traded for pick * All was a major motivator and the change of scenery was perfect for him compared to if he had gone to other Melbourne clubs.

I think we have exactly what he needs to thrive and in a couple years people will look back and wonder how the hell he got traded for 105.

Can i ask a question?

Im going too anyway. But i figured i might get a better perspective from you guys.

This seems like a major screwup in so many ways. If this was a "prank" it would have been handled better. Do you think mazda actually f'd up and thought nobody would manage this in a no pressure drill? Let alone the first person.

I feel like marley is getting a car if the media actually start commenting on this further.

My first thought was that the whole thing was aimed at getting footage of various players trying the kick before someone might hit it eventually (or not) and use the material to create a promo video for the million dollar kick. Marley hitting it with the first try was probably not intended.

My first thought was that the whole thing was aimed at getting footage of various players trying the kick before someone might hit it eventually (or not) and use the material to create a promo video for the million dollar kick. Marley hitting it with the first try was probably not intended.

Yeah that makes alot of sense. I think you may be on the money there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure i heard somewhere thaty Marley will get a car and a supporter will get a crack at hitting the post for $M1 later this year. Bet Mazda didn't think the promo would cost em a car, but still, they can afford it.
Ahh makes sense re supporter getting a chance for the 1 mill, but pretty sure Waite already explained that the players car was a prank

Anyhow so the whole prank or no prank turned out to be a good promo for a supporter having the chance to win the big prize from Mazda.

Based in europe......if you go to Scotland all the taxi's er Skoda (tells me their reliability) and the fact the Scots are tights arses. I bought a Octavia in 2005 had it for 10 yrs with very little problems, enjoyed it so much I wanted to buy the superb model.

Take it to the s**t car thread.

*leans to the side*
*leans further to the side*
*throws head back*
*ambles away*

I've read this something like 5 times over the last day and it makes me laugh every time. :thumbsu:

*leans to the side*
*leans further to the side*
*throws head back*
*ambles away*
*points at opposition player/space/dude in the crowd*
This became a thing last year. Was convinced Drew had no idea wtf he was doing.
He never ended up actually guarding someone.
Done my head in.

Marley Williams

Last 10 players to wear No.2
Brad McKenzie (2012-16) 37 games
Ed Lower (2008-10) 29 games
Jonathan Hay (2006) 8 games
Leigh Colbert (2000-05) 104 games
Wayne Schwass (1989-97) 177 games
John Holt (1983-87) 52 games
Peter Spencer (1981-82) 24 games
Stan Alves (1977-79) 40 games
Doug Wade (1973-75) 59 games