2004 draft prospects???

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Monocle
Quetions for theorangepeople and Falconer02?

Mitchell Clark {East Fremantle} all Australian under 16 and I think won the medal at the carnival. Where is he playing in the West any comments on his progress.

Franklin and Morton who would you compare them to ,in style in the AFL?

In your opinions would Morton be a steal for West Coast as a third round pick via the father son rule?

Guys as I live in Melbourne I would greatly appreciate your views.

Falconer02 sounds like you go to Hale and theorangepeople to Christ Church care to help a Scotch College Perth, old boy out??????

He is playing at East Fremantle at the moment for colts saw him play against Ireland looked real good came of very heart broken because of the loss.

Mitch would be more than a steal if eagles were not to pick him up, he has already been offered to various eagles unctions and stuff. Son of Nole Morton ex Claremont player I think captain.

I dont really like comparing players that much but if i was to i would say franklin...maybe i dont know, Morton is a midfielder/half forward always in the goal kickers as well kind of Hird like player.

Im only helping a scotch boy out because it will help u get over the loss u are going to get this week.

is there any players that are coming back from injury that we should know about. This is just for the TAC cup

Originally posted by Monocle
Quetions for theorangepeople and Falconer02?

Mitchell Clark {East Fremantle} all Australian under 16 and I think won the medal at the carnival. Where is he playing in the West any comments on his progress.

Franklin and Morton who would you compare them to ,in style in the AFL?

In your opinions would Morton be a steal for West Coast as a third round pick via the father son rule?

Guys as I live in Melbourne I would greatly appreciate your views.

Falconer02 sounds like you go to Hale and theorangepeople to Christ Church care to help a Scotch College Perth, old boy out??????

yeh mitchell clark isnt eligible for this year's draft. he has been compared to carey afew times but the way he marks and uses his body. i havent seen him play personally, but looks a big prospect for next year.

mitch is really good mates with one of my mates at hale (if that makes sense). i have only seen him once, and he looked a cut above every player on the ground except for one other hale guy (mills??). i agree with falconer, he's similar to james hird with a hint of brad johnsons competitiveness/ desperation.

ive seen lance franklin and he reminds me of adam goodes in the way he moves really fluently for a player of that size. he wont ruck tho.

Thanks guys for your input.

For what its worth I have coached at U/16 level in Melbourne and have a had two of my list go all Australian.

If you have any questions re Vic prospects I am happy to reply.

Regards Monocle

Originally posted by Falconer02
Personally I think
Lecras west perth
Edwards East Perth
Michael Embley
Tyson Lee East Perth

LeCRAS Certainty
EDWARDS You cant be serious
EMBLEY WCE rookie
LEE With or without the helmet? not likely

Have another think!

Originally posted by Falconer02
WA:
Matthew Seal (East Perth/JTC)
Mitch Morton (Claremont/Hale)
Brennan Mills (Claremont/Hale)
Mitchell Clark (East Fremantle)
Ashton Hams (South Fremantle)
Callum Burgess (West Perth)

SEAL Yes
MORTON F&S WCE
MILLS Too young
CLARK Too young
HAMS Doubtful, and why one and not the other?
BURGES Doubtful

Jarred Moore From Dandy Stingrays is one to watch, he averages about 29 possesions a week.

Also in the next years draft Matt Stanley, he is playing for stingrays this year still has another year to go, is allready starting in the center

Yer there are a good 8-9 from SA that def have the talent to get drafted and play AFL.

Hurn
Eckermann
Monfries
Wood
Saunders
Mcleay
Griffen
Stribling
Brockhouse
Bricknell

These are pretty much the best of the bunch but nearly all of them could make it actually, def to SANFL level anyways.

I reckon Hurn is the best of the lot, Monfries and Eckermann equal 2nd best.

moore is too stocky to get drafted. he can find the ball but i don't think he can improve anymore. Maybe if he was faster he would be able to step up

i still think moore will make it, probley in the rookie draft but i think he will. A sat near some hawthorn talent scouts the other week and they wer saying how good he is and will get drafted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Waites_chick
i still think moore will make it, probley in the rookie draft but i think he will. A sat near some hawthorn talent scouts the other week and they wer saying how good he is and will get drafted

Without meaning to upset the Hawker crowd, but if they go after ANOTHER inside midfielder they should be taken out and shot. They have a fetish for them and would recruit 20 if they could ... oops not far off now.

Originally posted by Sezzac1
[BBig fan of Moore and others built like him i.e Ed Clarke at the NSW/Act team [/B]

You obviously weren't 'burnt' like us Tiger fans by Anthony Banik. :)

A big body can make a huge difference amongst the jockeys of junior footy, need a few more tricks when they step up to the adults.

The two to go from South Fremantle should be Aaron Bowers who carved up Buddy Franklin when Perth played SF and had 30 goals kicked against them. The other is Brad Collard.
Smith, A hams and K hams are very good but size might cost them.

Hurn and Eckermann from SA are both ineligible for 2004 draft.
Hurn misses by 12 days.
Given the Myles Krakouer precedent, he may become available.

If not, add them to the list of Mitchell Clark and Beau Dowler for "The Guns of 2005".

what are peoples opinions on ryan willitis from northern? what are his chances of being drafted?

Re Willets. I've only seen him play once this year on a wet windy day that didn't really suit. At 196cm and 96kg he's a big lad but he carries it pretty well and moves okay. He takes a good grab and plays an aggressive style of game.

He's taken a few bags of 10 and 11 marks in TAC games this year. I'm hoping he can get a spot in the Metro squad for the U18 champs (Possibly CHB) to watch him against some quality opposition.

Thanks Sezzac,
Two other players that played with my son that i thought had amazing potential were; Dean Limbach and Stephen Doyle. Either of them a chance?

What about some VFL Players who have the goods?

one of my mates Dean Cadel (Played Stingrays last year) this year is on the Springvale list, he was looking the goods for a game in the first's and then stuffed his shoulder.
He is also being watched by Essendon this year after training pre-season with them

I rated Cadel quite highly last year, thought he was unlucky not to get a rookie listing. The injury won't help though.

Limbach broke his wrist I think and will miss most of the season, which could cost him. Doyle has been playing at Xavier - haven't seen him myself but people seem to think he is playing well.

Just on VFL players - how is Luke Jarrad going at Williamstown, he looked impressive early in the season. Brad Lang from Tasmania could be a chance, lanky ruckman.

Djaren Whyman was a disaster on Hawthorn's list a few years back, but he has been a sensation this year at Ballarat and clubs could look at him, particularly after the Davey success.

Great to see Cadel still in recruiters minds. First noticed him two years back as a bottom age kid and looked the goods. Big things were expected last year unfortunately injury killed his first half of the season and he never seemed to recover.

Wasn't it a collar bone or something along those lines that was the problem last year? Hope its not a recurring injury. Good player.

here are a couple of players for you guys - james quinton is 186cm running backman with good skills, speed, leap and endurance who made the vic metro 30 and is lining up at full back
- ryan willits tall key position player who can play back or forward and has strong hands. kicking can let him down but is a booming kick
- adam pattison another tall key position player who can play back or forward and has a strong set of hands. over the last 3 weeks has takin 10+ marks and on the weekend had 29 stats and 11 marks playin at chf
marc rovere- on baller who gets plenty of the ball and can go forward and kick goals. has super endurance with a 15.3 beep test in pre season, but has been struck down by illness. expected back after the break.
nick carnell- on baller who gets plenty of the ball and is always in and under packs. can go forward and kick some freaky goals. made the last 37 for vic metro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back