2006 Grand Final with Roy and HG Festival of the Boot Triple J commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Roy and HG used to commentate the AFL and NRL Grand Finals live on Triple J back in the day. I've had this audio sitting on a hard drive for the better part of 12 years. Finally got around to syncing up the audio with the footage. Worth a listen to if for nothing else than the ever increasing amount of s**t they heap on Barry Hall as the game progresses.

I split it up into four videos, but there is a link to the whole match in one video in the YouTube comments.

You can also download the full audio here: https://mega.nz/#!mMxA1A7b!JKLWw_J2yh37B3fWVdgngY9e5DyA8EaQX9dxILg1TjY

You're a star. Used to love Festival of the Boot.

I remember I was so pissed off at the commentators during the 92 Grand Final, I gave up on them and switched to Triple J. Soothed the pain of being behind at half-time and then enjoyed the rush home.

I remember in 1992 Grand Final, Waterman lining up from the boundary for a shot at goal. He adjusted his man-bits and quick as a flash HG pointed out the ‘tugging of the tackle”.
Roy took it further suggesting this was not good for the shot and that by tugging it left, he would miss left. Which he duly did!
He then warned kiddies not to tug the tackle when lining up for goals.
Absolute gold.

Roy and HG, their commentary of the olympics is legendary.
This is just as good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back