2008-09 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My last little sniff of this for a while, but check this out:

Canadian wingers tipped for 2010: Iginla, Nash, Heatley, Gagne, Doan, Morrow, then you're playing centres out of position. Not bad.

American wingers tipped for 2010: Parise, Kessel, Kane, Pominville, Mueller, O'Sullivan, Brown. Not far behind, if at all.

And Canada doesn't have Ryan Kesler. The US does. Very crucial that.

My last little sniff of this for a while, but check this out:

Canadian wingers tipped for 2010: Iginla, Nash, Heatley, Gagne, Doan, Morrow, then you're playing centres out of position. Not bad.

American wingers tipped for 2010: Parise, Kessel, Kane, Pominville, Mueller, O'Sullivan, Brown. Not far behind, if at all.

And Canada doesn't have Ryan Kesler. The US does. Very crucial that.

the top 3 on the list there is brilliant, how would it set up..

heatley- Crosby - Iginla...woah
Nash-Thornton-lecavelier (out of position)
Gagne-Spezza-Toews
Morrow-Mike Rchards-Doan brilliant 4th checking/bull dozer line...

just a rough guess

pretty tough to compete with that...

Where will shanahan go, now that he has "officially" left the rangers??

I think Pittsburgh would be a pretty good fit for 1 year...an experinced skater next to crosby or malkin with the ability to put the puck in the net...Do the Pens have cap space?

Maybe Carolina for a roughy?? losing matt cullen hurts and this team needs more weapons on offense..I think he would only go to a contender though

Vancouver?? apparently in talks...

Where will shanahan go, now that he has "officially" left the rangers??

I think Pittsburgh would be a pretty good fit for 1 year...an experinced skater next to crosby or malkin with the ability to put the puck in the net...Do the Pens have cap space?
A resounding no thank you. Shanny still has a hell of a shot, but his skating has gone down the shitter. We've already had Mark Recchi.

Sharks go behind to Detroit.. then smash them to lead 3-1 halfway through the second. I have 5 goals in fantasy today.

Detroit only 12 shots in almost 2 periosds..leading on from wednesday against Pitt only having 11 shots...

Thats the two SCF from 07/08 and combined 23 shots in 5 periods...

This SHarks D is officially IMPRESSIVE...bastards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did i just see that correctly over at HF...

crosby injured??

hope its not serious...pens fans whats the scoop...
Not sure, the club is just saying he's DTD with an "undisclosed" injury. Whatever it is, it just adds to the early-season frustration. Gonchar, Whitney, Talbot, Dupuis, Gill (who played today) and now Crosby on our injury list. Makes for some bad reading.

We've started this season much like last, so I'm not particularly worried. Just very annoyed that a team with Crosby and Malkin are getting outplayed by the bloody Coyotes.

dallas is in a similar boat injury wise...

out of the line up today were:

Jere Lehtinen
Brad Richards
Sergei Zubov
Joel Lundqvist
Marty Turco (although thats probably a blessing)

thats 22.5 million of our cap not taking the ice.,..its hard to win games when that happens..no wonder we got creamed today...

im surprised were only 1 game under 500 ATM...

Dallas is in survival mode...

dallas is in a similar boat injury wise...

out of the line up today were:

Jere Lehtinen
Brad Richards
Sergei Zubov
Joel Lundqvist
Marty Turco (although thats probably a blessing)

thats 22.5 million of our cap not taking the ice.,..its hard to win games when that happens..no wonder we got creamed today...

im surprised were only 1 game under 500 ATM...

Dallas is in survival mode...

Thats cause you haven't played the Sharks yet ;)

Habs and Leafs have big 3rd period come backs to win against the Isles and Rangers. Sounds like Dallas and Boston had a real battle. Some big PIM totals.

usual suspects (ott, avery, barch) getting in fights for dallas...there was a line brawl with about 8 mins left...lost all respect for "tough guy" shane hnidy...in the brawl he could have gone to avery, instead he went to 21 year old sophmore matt niskanen, who isnt a fighter..picked on a kid..

still dallas (and more specifically MARTY TURCO) allowed another 5 goals, and are officially playing pathetic...49 goals allowed in 12 games...pfft enough said..

i have a feeling hull/jackson will pull a trade trigger if things dont pick up quick...

turco has been off his game...

but in all honesty even if he was hot, wed still have given up at least 41-42 goals this year anyway...

half the goals weve surrended have been door stop goals that the goalies wouldnt be able to stop even if there was two in net..(quoting mike modano) we have given up the passing lane far too easily and turned over the puck way too often...shouldnt rely on your netminding that much..

i know zubovs out which really hurts but i think the biggest problem is that we lost mattias norstrom to retirement...

he was one of the best defensive defenseman in the league and now that he is gone(and no zubov till next week) we have had to rely on 3 second year kids niskanen, grossman and fistric to step up and be the guys...theyre not ready for it..not too sure what the answer is for the D this year as we are so close to the cap...if we cant right the ship though i cant see dallas making any key moves until the offseason...we need draft picks in the worst way (havent had a first rounder in 4 years)..

maybe it wouldnt be the worst thing to have a bad year and get an early pick in a supposed deep draft...and in addition we will free up 10m in cap space with losing ageing vets to free agency, hopefully someone like bouwmeester is available...big rant there.......but im frustrated

My goodness me. Steve Ott is a pussy dressed as a hockey player.

I haven't seen someone turtle from so many fights in a while. There's quite a collection of stuff that's happened over the last year or so on youtube, it's a disgrace.

I have no problem with guys not fighting if they don't want to, but when they talk like Ott does (and even after someone's been sent to the box!), they should be taught a lesson. He makes Avery look like a bloody saint.

Respect for Mike Modano, who had some choice words regarding Avery and Ott after the game:
``Tonight, it was idiotic and stupid,'' Stars center Mike Modano said when asked what the team identity was. ``It was one of the most embarrassing things I've seen. If that's what we're going for, then they need to find me an office job.''

``It was dumb penalties, dumb situations, that's kind of been the trend all season,'' Modano said. ``There's no mental toughness. We're allowing the refs to get involved in the game with and spending more energy on them than the details of winning the game.''

usual suspects (ott, avery, barch) getting in fights for dallas...there was a line brawl with about 8 mins left...lost all respect for "tough guy" shane hnidy...in the brawl he could have gone to avery, instead he went to 21 year old sophmore matt niskanen, who isnt a fighter..picked on a kid..
quote]

bit hard to do that when avery was on the ground and savard was on top of him belting the bejesus out of him, so he took the alternate route and went after the closest stars player, in a line brawl liek that it doesnt really matter who you're fighting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back