2010 VFL grand final crowd ?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was in Melbourne on the day of the GF and the radio said about 5000 and not much more watching a one sided game.

A matter of hours later (as I was on a plane back to Perth) nearly 25,000 were watching the WAFL GF where a one point result came in the 33rd minute of the last quarter.

SANFL traditionally gets around 20,000-25,000, which leaves you wondering what the other states are doing that is leaving Victoria far behind the other states at state league level.

Alignments is probably the major one (dismantling ex-VFA sides so that AFL clubs can have a Reserves side and alienating the traditional supporter base to virtually zero), whilst media profile is another (WAFL and SANFL get good media profile - print and radio coverage of most games each week).

I was in Melbourne on the day of the GF and the radio said about 5000 and not much more watching a one sided game.

A matter of hours later (as I was on a plane back to Perth) nearly 25,000 were watching the WAFL GF where a one point result came in the 33rd minute of the last quarter.

SANFL traditionally gets around 20,000-25,000, which leaves you wondering what the other states are doing that is leaving Victoria far behind the other states at state league level.

Alignments is probably the major one (dismantling ex-VFA sides so that AFL clubs can have a Reserves side and alienating the traditional supporter base to virtually zero), whilst media profile is another (WAFL and SANFL get good media profile - print and radio coverage of most games each week).

Maybe people will show up when North Ballarat aren't playing:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back