Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
UQ AFC (My only true team)
One of the most talkative threads in the Queensland division!

Formally Division 2 is now SEQAFL Division 3.

Last year was fairly marred with incidents, injuries, trash talk, brawls. Other than that, there were some fun times aswell (Calamvale boys on the piss is quite a laugh!)

So let the madness begin.....

Because of the change of name for the Division, let's start things off by listing the clubs involved so that others have a better idea of who is involved.

In SEQAFL Division 3, we have:

Beenleigh
Caboolture
Calamvale
Coomera
Griffith Moorooka
Ipswich
Logan
Nambour
Redcliffe
University of Qld

Great to see new thread underway.

Just like to put to bed a nasty little bit of heresay on the old thread,
Ipswich Eagles are up and about, and looking forward to the 2012 season. Have really good numbers on track, a really keen coaching crew on board and have some handy pick ups to come in, along with a number of younger guys developing pretty nicely.

Last year was, after a good start very disappointing for the club, with a really big list of injuries, mostly long term, combined with lack of depth being a big problem.

Believe that the committee and coaching staff have worked pretty hard to address issues, and a lot more competitive Eagles will be around in 2012

Ipswich Eagles are up and about, and looking forward to the 2012 season. Have really good numbers on track, a really keen coaching crew on board and have some handy pick ups to come in, along with a number of younger guys developing pretty nicely.

Last year was, after a good start very disappointing for the club, with a really big list of injuries, mostly long term, combined with lack of depth being a big problem.

Believe that the committee and coaching staff have worked pretty hard to address issues, and a lot more competitive Eagles will be around in 2012

Good the hear the Eagles still up and about mate.

Might put up the Round 1 matches shortly.

Good to hear, I dont think anyone was intending to be nasty, just we hear nothing about them usually and its been even quieter this off season.

They are always a real unknown.

Cheers Morro, may have been a bit tongue in cheek!

We like to keep it quite down here, club going through a bit of a culture shift, blokes working bloody hard on track, really seems to be a bit of steel in group.
Recruiting is going well, some suprises I think with some pick ups and the walk ins. Really just cant wait til footy starts!

So does anyone know how that Calamvale full forward goes?? No no let's not go there again!!! Just had to....

Good to hear everyone is keen to go!! I certainly am and the season is coming quick!!

We have a double header at Moorooka on the 3rd which is a great idea... Watch the game before us then we are on...

So does anyone know how that Calamvale full forward goes?? No no let's not go there again!!! Just had to....

Good to hear everyone is keen to go!! I certainly am and the season is coming quick!!

We have a double header at Moorooka on the 3rd which is a great idea... Watch the game before us then we are on...

If people just accepted the fact he was the best forward in the comp last year we wouldnt have to!

Any chance of a slot in under the name of Dash on August 4th (Round 18)? I will be back to watch Tigers v Lions @ Gabba

My predictions. This is based on what I have heard. I know rumours are rife at this time of year but this is what a came up with. A bit outrageous, but I do expect some changes this year.

Ipswich
Coomera
Caboolture
Nambour
Beenleigh
Clamvale
Logan
Redcliffe
UQ
Griffth Moorooka

2nd last is a bit harsh for UQ considering how the core of our 3rds and 4ths have been really putting some hard work in order to close the gap between the big clubs of Div 3. I seriously believe that this year our 3rds and 4ths can give Division 3 a bit of a shock.

Here is just hoping the ugly incidents that marred our season don't return. With any luck I might be able to jump down from assisting with the 1st and 2nds to come down and see a few games in Division 3. If not, will try catch up with a few of you throughout the year elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caloundra have lost around 20 players from last year, only small numbers at training, lots of players moving away for work. and did speak to the league about dropping down a div and where told it's either div 2 or go back to div 4 with one team. This would make a huge difference to this league if Caloundra came back. Watch out Nambour!!!

That is disappointing to hear that Caloundra have fallen on hard times. Hopefully they can stay in the league.

Mind you, I remember the Swans dropping down to the one team division 3 and won the flag against UQ before getting the numbers back to field 2 teams. That stated, I would love to see the Panthers remain a Division 2 side. Looking forward to Round 1 and watching 2 good tough games of footy

That is disappointing to hear that Caloundra have fallen on hard times. Hopefully they can stay in the league.

Mind you, I remember the Swans dropping down to the one team division 3 and won the flag against UQ before getting the numbers back to field 2 teams. That stated, I would love to see the Panthers remain a Division 2 side. Looking forward to Round 1 and watching 2 good tough games of footy

It is very disappointing. It seems to make sense having Mdore/noosa in div1, caloundra in div 2 and nambour div 3. I think all coast teams will suffer a little due to lack of work and a heap of blokes choosing to go to the mines!!!

One of my mates and I were actually discussing this earlier in the year. He reckons its actually not just a coast thing but very well could be a competition wide thing with many younger but key blokes needing to move away for work. Just goes to show how everything suffers in poor economic climates.

Whatever happens, I think my boys are still expecting a tough battle come March 24th. Always very tough matches in the battle of the cats.

One of my mates and I were actually discussing this earlier in the year. He reckons its actually not just a coast thing but very well could be a competition wide thing with many younger but key blokes needing to move away for work. Just goes to show how everything suffers in poor economic climates.

Whatever happens, I think my boys are still expecting a tough battle come March 24th. Always very tough matches in the battle of the cats.

Caloundra won't be playing in div 2 this year, as the club has made a decision. It's look like a div 4 team on the coast.

Caloundra won't be playing in div 2 this year, as the club has made a decision. It's look like a div 4 team on the coast.

That is massive, Caloundra have been such a strong club the past 4-5 years. I have heard maroochy are getting 50-60 at training , nambour average about 30-40 and we are looking okay at caboolture averaging 20-30. I also have been reading that noosa have lost a few as well. Maybe it could be the yer of the brisbane sides in div 1,2 and 3??

That is massive, Caloundra have been such a strong club the past 4-5 years. I have heard maroochy are getting 50-60 at training , nambour average about 30-40 and we are looking okay at caboolture averaging 20-30. I also have been reading that noosa have lost a few as well. Maybe it could be the yer of the brisbane sides in div 1,2 and 3??

Yes I just left a meeting and caloundra will look at fielding a team in div 4 this year, and look to move back up when the club has the numbers. the people that are running the club are doing whats best for the club. we don't have the numbers to field 2 teams is the one and only reason for us dropping out of div 2.

Yes I just left a meeting and caloundra will look at fielding a team in div 4 this year, and look to move back up when the club has the numbers. the people that are running the club are doing whats best for the club. we don't have the numbers to field 2 teams is the one and only reason for us dropping out of div 2.

Not good news. Oh well we wish u all the best and hopefully u move up to div 2 or 3 in the near future. Where will young players from your club now head to play senior football? Maroochydore?
Is Barry O'brien still at the helm down there??

M'dore are very up and about at the moment and good on them - lots of pain last year held together by good spirit and maybe the fact that quite a few old boys rallied together to lend a hand too. Not sure how Caloundra go in this area? Would be great for the Roos if the better Caloundra players moved up to the Roos if nothing else to improve depth and a stronger 2's side.
Reckon Nambour will collect a few as well with a similar sort of standard. The Coast has had a big exodus of blokes to mines or alternatively just moving back to their southern home town as the "dream" hasn't paid off by working and living in paradise :)
I know Noosa is also struggling with finding work for blokes - its a coast thing for sure IMO.

My predictions. This is based on what I have heard. I know rumours are rife at this time of year but this is what a came up with. A bit outrageous, but I do expect some changes this year.

Ipswich
Coomera
Caboolture
Nambour
Beenleigh
Clamvale
Logan
Redcliffe
UQ
Griffth Moorooka

Pies, what is this? These huge calls need some explanations...Ipswich & Logans positions.

Nambour wont drop out of top 2. I have been in contact with the ''source from up north'' and he says all is well.

Esp with Caloundra folding Watto - there already was a couple of ex Panthers at the Blues so assume there might be a few more heading over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back