Senior List
Jun 25, 2009
Brunswick St Grandstand!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
2NDSEMI-2.jpg

On the downside it was announced at Saturday's President's Luncheon that as the second placed team we are compelled to wear an alternative strip for the upcoming final. I'm not sure which strip we'll be wearing given the visible clash in the opening post's image. Thus this Saturday we are playing for promotion, a grand final appearance and the right to wear the mighty Fitzroy jumper in that grand final. High Stakes!

View attachment 3246
On the downside it was announced at Saturday's President's Luncheon that as the second placed team we are compelled to wear an alternative strip for the upcoming final. I'm not sure which strip we'll be wearing given the visible clash in the opening post's image. Thus this Saturday we are playing for promotion, a grand final appearance and the right to wear the mighty Fitzroy jumper in that grand final. High Stakes!

It may be the old Preseason Clash jumper from VFL / AFL days gone by as the old maroon one is even a clash from back..Bill is the one to ask;)

The jumper clash above is obvious, and what the club has done in the past as we are all well aware has worn the old Jumper...

_MG_8262.jpg

Unfortunately the VAFA has also deemed this as a clash jumper, forcing the club to rent jumpers from the VAFA at a cost.
Something that will probably look like this.

IMG_8818.jpg

from what i have learnt, the club offered to use the Ansett cup jumpers and or also have a special jumper manufactured in
quick time, but these suggestions were canned by the VAFA as they had not and there will not be enough time to approve them..

Im still not sure how this can be classed as a jumper clash,

_MG_8437.jpg

Is it really a jumper clash? or is it the VAFA knowing from 2009, and the amount of press Fitzroy received, trying to promote their brand by making Fitzroy use a jumper with a huge version of their logo on it? That will appear in all the gameday photo's?

By the way, this is my opinion, the opinion of a Fitzroy supporter who loves the jumper. Not the opinion of others...

Its a Rort!

IMG_8818.jpg

Is it really a jumper clash? or is it the VAFA knowing from 2009, and the amount of press Fitzroy received, trying to promote their brand by making Fitzroy use a jumper with a huge version of their logo on it? That will appear in all the gameday photo's?

By the way, this is my opinion, the opinion of a Fitzroy supporter who loves the jumper. Not the opinion of others...

Its a Rort!

I wonder if Brisbane have any of these left?

It's an ordinary jumper, but still better than a VAFA jumper and at least it has something of Fitzroy on it. (No paddlepop either).

No clash with Parkdale there. And could be easily approved by the VAFA within a short time-frame. And could be arranged with Brisbane via a phone call.

Brisbane-Clash-2007.gif

That would be awesome if Fitzroy could wear that. Anything would be better that having that huge VAFA logo blazed across the front. Atleast the lion is/was Fitzroy. There are going to be a few unhappy Supporters there on Saturday when they see the Roy's run out in a VAFA jumper if that's whats allowed to let happen...

Is it plausible that we can arrange a deal with Parkdale independent of the VAFA to wear our normal strip and they change? If there's media exposure the value of wearing our most recognisable strip must be significant. This is another question for Bill.

How can there not be enough time to approve them? Does the VAFA approval process take longer than the 20 seconds it would take to look at the wide range of potential Fitzroy clash jumpers and say "well that looks nothing like Parkdale's jumper"

Not to be getting ahead of ourselves but I'd be pretty pissed off if we made the grand final ad couldn't wear a Fitzroy jumper, and I think that would be a wasted opportunity for some good publicity for the VAFA no tv stations will bother reporting on it like they did a couple of years ago if the team isn't visibly identifiable as Fitzroy.

Trever Barker Oval, starting at 9.15 with the Thirds, then the Twos and then the Seniors. What a day of footy fun I shall have. Three entirely different sides to berate, belittle and bemuse. What about food? I assume a canteen will be operating but I might bring some tucker and a thermos.

Should we be nervous or excited? We last played a C grade Reserves Final down here several years ago. Despite being five goals up at quarter time we finished up getting flogged.

Go Redders.

further to the matter of this situation i rang

further on this matter i rang tim noonan general manager football operations- vafa in regards to the jumpers that fitzroy would be wearing during the finals series and was told in an arrogant fashion that he does,nt talk to other people just the club who had been told about the matter and was informed that fitzroy would be wearing a grey strip with a v on the jumper and could only wear their own jumper if they win 2nd semi and go thru to grand final!what club does this jumper represent?, not fitzroy! what a disgrace and humiliation to fitzroy supporters in general!clearl there is no jumper clash with the old jumper!, vafa whats the REAL REASON behind this!because on saturday i dont know what side im watching in a jumper which represents nothing!- unhappy fitzroy supporter- graeme barrass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much would you guys get fined if you guys were to wear that?
Not to be getting ahead of ourselves but I'd be pretty pissed off if we made the grand final ad couldn't wear a Fitzroy jumper.
Correct me if I am wrong but if you guys win on Saturday, you wouldn't have to worry about that :p

Good luck Roys, fingers crossed you guys can get promoted (and that the Brisbane Lions reserves win the Grand Final).

Oh is it possible to watch this game from Brisbane?

See you all at Sandy.

Sadly mate, the Mrs and I can't make it tomorrow. Consequently we need you to be extra vocal and ensure:
1. The Parkdale full back always kicks in from behind the line
2. No goal umpire dare judge a major to be touched
3. All Fitzroy players in possession within the vicinity of the big sticks have a shot

Just came home from a big night out in the city, looking forward to what could be another step towards a second promotion.

And of course, we ran them close in that away game at the start of the year. Hopefully we can go at least one goal better this time!

Just came home from a big night out in the city, looking forward to what could be another step towards a second promotion.

And of course, we ran them close in that away game at the start of the year. Hopefully we can go at least one goal better this time!
Good call mate , todays the day for the boys to stand up and fight .Go the mighty lions!!!

Scores from all matches will filter through https://twitter.com/Fitzroy_FC

Follow https://twitter.com/Fitzroy_FC now keep up to date.

Other locations will also produce scores (such as this thread) but we're all getting them from the above source, which deserve the kudos.

FINAL SCORE: Thirds 8-8-56 def. St.Kevins 5-9-39

Scores from all matches will filter through https://twitter.com/Fitzroy_FC
Other locations will also produce scores (such as this thread) but we're all getting them from the above source, which deserve the kudos.

Reserves Match : QTR TIME: Fitzroy 3-3-23 Marcellin 0-2-2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back