Not open for further replies.

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Okay, so I am creating this thread on the premise that I have nearly a full portfolio of jumper designs that I want to post. I realise it may be a bit premature and if Gibbsy feels the need to merge or delete then that's fine by me. I'm also happy for this to be changed from a Portfolio to a Discussion thread.

Basically what I've decided was to re-think the whole Home/Away Team and Clash jumper predicament that the AFL is in at the moment.

It's probably going to be a confusing concept for most at first, but basically the idea is to throw out the current 'White Shorts' and 'Clash Jumper' policies. This doesn't mean there will be no clash jumpers because, as you should know, they are an absolute necessity for every team in the league.

My idea is that teams should be wearing their 'Home' or 'Traditional' (whatever you want to call it) kit (hate that word) as much as possible. Clashes are not solved based on Light vs Dark, but rather (my) subjective view/opinion on whether the colour and design combination of the two teams' 'kits' warrant a clash jumper.

White Shorts Rule: White shorts are only ever worn by a team who A) has a white or light home jumper or B) has a clash jumper that is considered lighter then their home.
Geelong and North Melbourne wear white shorts in some, not all (these will be specified later), home games, whilst Hawthorn are the only other team to wear White shorts with their Home Jumper, but never for home games.

Anyway, I'll save some explaining for when I post individual teams' jumpers so we'll kick things off with the Crows:

ADELAIDE:
Home: Worn in all Home Games. Worn in away games vs. Collingwood, Fremantle, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS Giants, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St.Kilda, Sydney, West Coast & Western Bulldogs.

Adelaide-Crows-2014_zps23fc8a67.png

Clash: Worn in away games vs. Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne & Richmond
Adelaide-Crows-2014-Clash-1_zps78a2f3cb.png

BRISBANE LIONS:
Home: Worn in all home games. Worn in away games vs Fremantle, GWS Giants, Port Adelaide, Sydney & West Coast.
Brisbane-Lions-2014_zps6c13eb1f.png

Melbourne/Fitzroy: Worn in all away games vs Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Richmond, St.Kilda and Western Bulldogs
Brisbane-Lions-2014-Melbourne_zps28429a81.png

Clash: Worn in all away games vs Gold Coast & Adelaide
Brisbane-Lions-2014-Clash_zpsa989826b.png

CARLTON:
Home: Worn in all home games. Worn in away games vs. Brisbane, Geelong, GWS Giants, Gold Coast, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Sydney, West Coast & Western Bulldogs
Carlton-2014_zps48787667.png

Clash: Worn in all away games vs. Adelaide, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Richmond, Port Adelaide & St.Kilda
Carlton-2014-Clash_zps8302a3c0.png

More to come......

Loving these, especially Carlton's clash (it's not that hard Nike!)
Just 1 question, did you try having the hoops in Adelaide's clash seperated equally before settling on the design? No arguing here, It still looks great nonetheless.

I think Adelaide's clashes need white with the second main colour navy in them. It just works :thumbsu:

Keep it up!

Loving these, especially Carlton's clash (it's not that hard Nike!)
Just 1 question, did you try having the hoops in Adelaide's clash seperated equally before settling on the design? No arguing here, It still looks great nonetheless.

I think Adelaide's clashes need white with the second main colour navy in them. It just works :thumbsu:

Keep it up!

Yeah I had and I'm still considering changing it. I got the idea from the 'Wide V' design that was one of the options for their 2013 clash.

lmach cheers mate :)

Yeah I had and I'm still considering changing it. I got the idea from the 'Wide V' design that was one of the options for their 2013 clash.

lmach cheers mate :)
They're both fairly similar anyway. I'd say the Wide V was the best option on the poll (and the easiest for Mero to recreate).

Okay I'll quickly post a few more tonight, starting from the end of the league:

WESTERN BULLDOGS:
Home: I've found that the Bulldogs don't need to wear a clash Jumper, so this jumper could be worn in all games. However, thinking logically and literally, the club would be stupid to have just one jumper available for sale. So they could, realistically, wear a clash jumper in a few games a year. Perhaps against Adelaide, West Coast (a lot less likely, based mainly on shorts) or Brisbane.
Western-Bulldogs-2014_zpsd4a9cafc.png

Clash: Read above
Western-Bulldogs-2014-Clash_zpsac7c9685.png

WEST COAST EAGLES:
Home: Bring back the peril! Am I doing it right? West Coast don't have a bad set of jumpers, but I believe it's time to return to the permanent Royal Blue and Yellow. Worn in all home games. Worn in away games vs. Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, Gold Coast, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St.Kilda, Sydney & Western Bulldogs.
West-Coast-Eagles-2014_zps388cfac7.png

Clash: Worn in away games vs Hawthorn & GWS Giants
West-Coast-Eagles-2014-Clash-2_zps1eb77086.png

*Again, credit Costa for the killer WCE logo design!

I think a team should use club colours on a clash if they can, so Adelaide have a yellow clash kit instead of white as yellow doesn't clash with any teams home jumper when they need to wear a clash (unless you've made one of your home ideas yellow ;) ). But good job on the clash if they had to wear a white clash that would be my choice.

Their yellow heritage for a few years back looked great and would work very well at removing clashes.

48243.jpg

Since this is becoming a thread for every ones ideas, I think it's time for my regular call for a wings set.

WCE2014idea_zpse1299d7d.png

Nice work workhorse, keep em coming.

I agree with E92_, it terms that clubs should use their secondary or tertiary colours as their clash base colour when it is yellow or gold. It would work well with Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Richmond, West Coast.

Yay, a 2014 jumpers ideas thread. I'll start finalizing my designs. I am so excited…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COLLINGWOOD:
Home: Worn in all home games. Worn in all away games vs Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS Giants, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Sydney, West Coast & Western Bulldogs
Collingwood-2014_zps11ef4a39.png

Clash: Worn in all away games vs Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond & St.Kilda
Collingwood-2014-Clash_zps64e525b8.png

ESSENDON:
Home: Worn in all home games. Worn in all away games vs Brisbane, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS Giants, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Sydney, West Coast & Western Bulldogs
Essendon-2014_zps6e8ae974.png

Clash: Worn in all away games vs Adelaide, Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond & St.Kilda
Essendon-2014-Clash_zps4fbc72a5.png

Their yellow heritage for a few years back looked great and would work very well at removing clashes.

48243.jpg

It's weird- I never liked this jumper, possibley because it looks strange in pictures on its own, or wehn drawn on a template. But fudging heck it looks great when worn, especially with the blue shorts

Seeing this has been turned into the 2014 jumper ideas thread, and i have just finished my proposed designs for all the clubs, I thought I'd start on my portfolio of designs. Starting with the Crows:
NOTE: Pre-Season designs are a mix of pre-season and heritage designs.

ADELAIDE CROWS:

HOME:
Crows Home.png

HOME: with white shorts
Crows Home with white shorts.png

CLASH: I really like this clash, it keeps the hoops design that the AFL have removed from their clash
Crows Clash.png

PRE-SEASON:
Crows Pre.png

Why? Adelaide were the first team into SA, also the colours are the same.

Well they're not the SA State team, and there's more than one team from Adelaide in the AFL anyway, so it would be a bit presumptuous and possibly disrespectful of the Crows to do it, just like when the Eagles did. I would imagine it would be like Carlton or Geelong wearing a navy blue guernsey with a white letter V on it, because they are the same colours too.

Besides, SA State footy colours are red, yellow and blue; not red, yellow and navy blue.

Seeing as the Crows use a lot of navy blue on their guernseys, why not switch the navy blue and red around on this design? I think that would look pretty cool! :D

crows.png

Why? Adelaide were the first team into SA, also the colours are the same.

Henceforth Geelong shall now wear the Victorian SoO guernsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back