News 2015-2016 off-season news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's start this off with a piece of good news that Box Hill's captain David Mirra has re-signed with the club for another season.

Hey guys just saw you appointed Nathan Foley as a senior-assistant, think he will be superb for you guys. He along with Newman is most credited with turning our culture around from the debacle it was in the early 2000s. Won best clubman multiple times and was always referred to as the benchmark in terms of training and preparation, turned himself from a rookie into a pretty damn good midfielder until injuries hit. You've picked out two of our best this off-season.

What I would like to see on the player retention / recruiting front for 2016 (and yes, it is very much sentimental):

Sam Iles, Marc Lock and Tom Gordon all commit for another year

Ayden Kennedy to return after sitting out last season with an ACL

Past captains Luke Andrews and Lucas Markovic as well former Hawthorn players in Jordan Kelly and Tom Schneider all return to the club

Joffa Simpkin commits to staying at Box Hill after his delisting

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I would like to see on the player retention / recruiting front for 2016 (and yes, it is very much sentimental):

Ayden Kennedy to return after sitting out last season with an ACL.....

Am a bit conflicted on this. BHH could easily have won three flags, yet how many have been drafted over this time? I enjoy watching BHH win however I am leaning towards us becoming more of a pathway into the AFL.

Ayden Kennedy to return after sitting out last season with an ACL

Past captains Luke Andrews and Lucas Markovic as well former Hawthorn players in Jordan Kelly and Tom Schneider all return to the club

Joffa Simpkin commits to staying at Box Hill after his delisting

Kelly looks to be going to the Collingwood VFL club, according to Paul Amy on twitter.

Tom Schneider appears comfortable earning more money playing in local footy than he would playing VFL.

Simpkin probably won't make a decision on his future until the AFL list management period ends and he's not an AFL list somewhere.

That tweet is spot on.
I played in a losing GF up bush where Damien Yze kicked 10 goals from CHF, and our CHB was the league representative CHB for about 5 years running. Could play.

His real name is "Yzeir", pronounced "whose air", which gave him the nickname 'knock knock'.

/useless info

Good addition to the coaching ranks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back