List Mgmt. 2015 Draft. Rookie Draft on Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

While I hope we don't pick him to be fair Milera is 185cm and 75kg and I would guess could bulk up to 80kg through the preseason. I do however think we will pick him and he will play on the wing

How many Martins and Garletts at 80kg and less do we need running around on our wings and half forwards.

We're the only team in the Competition always picking the sneaky little outside skilled aboriginal
With first round picks!!

I'd prefer to pick Oliver to play at half forward were he can crash and bash and dominate the forward stoppages..
Then push into the midfield on the odd occasion
Our forward line has suffered since Campbell Browns demise!

Rather then a Lewis Jetta sheepdog want to be!

Last edited:
How many Martins and Garletts at 80kg and less do we need running around on our wings and half forwards.

We're the only team in the Competition always picking the sneaky little outside skilled aboriginal
With first round picks!!
We did pick lonergan with our first pick in 12

We did pick lonergan with our first pick in 12
And Swallow with pick 1, Caddy with 6, Prestia in the top 10, O'Meara in the MD. Peter Wright last year.

The notion that we only select a certain type of player is flawed. It's not quite that simplistic. If the notion that we're looking at Ah Chee is even true (which is debatable given how in flux the top 10 still is), perhaps Clayton has been given orders to find the better ball users in this draft that can hit targets? I doubt it has anything to do with what build they are or their race.

Don't mind picking up skinny players so long as they have the scope to put on muscle. Sexton (going by that vid with Jaeger) seems to be filling out nicely. Just feel ATM we have enough outside types. A side can only carry so many lightly framed players in the 22 before it will get found out by more mature bodied teams, especially in finals.

I'm not being racist in any way.
Got nothing against Martin or Garlett. There the most exciting Kids the Suns have..

But. They struggle at times and get pushed around by bigger opposition etc.
I think we have enough excitement for 1 team
Time to get more big Guns to give the ball out to these outside skilful little guys .

I'd just be hell confused if we took both Milera and Ah Che in the first round.

Hey guys, doing you guys in the phantom draft over on our board, so far have done the following (picks slightly altered due to academy bids):

#8- Charlie Curnow- Forward
#20- Mitchell Hibberd- Rebounding defender
#33- Kieran Lovell- Mid
#49 Daniel Capiron- Small defender

Know that is probably all you will use on the day but i still have 2 picks left in the phantom. Should I be looking to go for a tall in one of those two or just go mids? Few I still like floating around. Know you'd probably like a small forward but don't think there is anyone worthwhile still on the board.

I don't think we should get both but it's worth remembering that the interchange can is going down to 90 next year and a Player like Milera will benefit from this. I think Milera is seen as a replacement for Bennell and will be taken

I'm not being racist in any way.
Got nothing against Martin or Garlett. There the most exciting Kids the Suns have..

But. They struggle at times and get pushed around by bigger opposition etc.
I think we have enough excitement for 1 team
Time to get more big Guns to give the ball out to these outside skilful little guys .

I'd just be hell confused if we took both Milera and Ah Che in the first round.
Yeah me too Ben. One or the other but not both. Our Martins and Garletts etc. having to be relied upon to win too much of their own inside ball is giving them a battering. They'll be much more dangerous for us receiving the ball on the outside and hopefully end up with less injuries in the process, meaning we keep our better players on the field for longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah me too Ben. One or the other but not both. Our Martins and Garletts etc. having to be relied upon to win too much of their own inside ball is giving them a battering. They'll be much more dangerous for us receiving the ball on the outside and hopefully end up with less injuries in the process, meaning we keep our better players on the field for longer.

Amen.
You said it a little nicer then myself.
Don't particularly want Milera at 6 though..
16 yeah no worries.

My worry is that Claytons biggest criticism by Dog's fans is that he picked up way too many outside skinnier players when putting together that Bulldogs team that went to 3 straight prelims but never further. I know that sounds like a great effort, but will a team full of skinny flankers stand up on grand final day against Hawthorn for example. Not saying that this is the path we are heading down, but Clayton does have a history of prefering the skinnier outside players.

I still have full faith that Clayton knows what he is doing FWIW and will back whatever decision he makes (as long as it is not both Milera and Ah Chee. Seems like overkill). And who knows, maybe with our mdifield engine back, we may find that our midifield is choc full of grunt and physicality and we are lacking on outside run.

I don't think we should get both but it's worth remembering that the interchange can is going down to 90 next year and a Player like Milera will benefit from this. I think Milera is seen as a replacement for Bennell and will be taken

I've seen this line of thinking in a lot of phantom drafts, and I don't want us to take Milera just because we lost Bennell (can't see him becoming as good as Bennell anyway). I want us to take Milera if we feel he is the best player available who will add the most to the 22.

Paige Cardonas last phantom draft.

She's lost my confidence on this 1.

http://footyprophet.com/paiges-afl-phantom-draft-edition-three/

If she hasn't gone to the trouble of knowing that we have 4 picks available she probably doesn't know much about doing a Phantom Draft or that GCS have Lynch, Day and Wright so probably don't need another project competing for limited key position spots.

Saw it was Sam Lansberger writing about Milera and Ah Chee... not exactly a draft expert. Probably just have to wait until Monday when Quayle and Twoney's final mock draft comes out.

If she hasn't gone to the trouble of knowing that we have 4 picks available she probably doesn't know much about doing a Phantom Draft or that GCS have Lynch, Day and Wright so probably don't need another project competing for limited key position spots.

Saw it was Sam Lansberger writing about Milera and Ah Chee... not exactly a draft expert. Probably just have to wait until Monday when Quayle and Twoney's final mock draft comes out.
See it all too often with the Vic media. Know so little about us we are often given just a brief glance in football discussions if we are mentioned at all. They're the first to come down hard on us if we **** up though. Same thing with the Lions. Won't change until we start winning regularly and even then they'll still only barely acknowledge us.

The entire purpose of these 'phantom drafts' always boggles my mind. They're never 100% correct. I much more enjoy the 'power rankings'. Honest thoughts on how they measure up on ability alone. Not where people think they will go, because really, no-one has any clue where they will!

The closest anyone ever gets is Emma, and that's because (normally) she releases it the night before the draft after collecting as much information as possible. And even then her hit rate is only 70%ish for the top 15 usually, and after the top 15 becomes more and more incorrect.

That's not anyone's fault. It's just that recruiters won't say who they're going to select. Sometimes clubs don't make decisions until the day of the draft. Milera is one of probably five guys we have lined up at 6, for instance. Ah Chee is in the frame for 16, I'm sure. But so are another 5 guys. Or maybe 10 other guys. At that stage it's a spinning wheel.

So I wouldn't put to much stock in them.

Just wondering on what we would do if the worst case scenario eventuated and Francis, Oliver and Curnow were all gone.

Leaves us with Parish, Weidemen and Milera to choose from - based on those remaining it would be tough to split Parish (out and out midfielder) or Milera (fwd/mid had senior experience)

Just wondering on what we would do if the worst case scenario eventuated and Francis, Oliver and Curnow were all gone.

Leaves us with Parish, Weidemen and Milera to choose from - based on those remaining it would be tough to split Parish (out and out midfielder) or Milera (fwd/mid had senior experience)

Cry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back