2015 SC Proposed Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One thing that has driven me away from SC into other formats is a simple thing like the lights for who is selected/bench or not. I know you can pay extra for it but I'm not going to and it makes it a lot harder to manage them team without it.
When they changed that to SC Gold only I started to be less interested

Really...

That iz certainly a big big issue.

Definitely in favour of an eliminator. Obviously trimming the trades back into the 24-26 range would improve the balance a little, but as has been said that's never going to happen. Also like the idea of losing R4 for an extra midfield rookie. (I have nothing original to add :p)

I was a big fan of the change to 18 top scorers in bye rounds this year, that really reduced the emphasis on planning for byes when picking the initial squad without removing that element altogether. Can anyone explain why the AFL don't just do another split round rather than byes?

I don't think it will be a tragedy if they change nothing at all, the product is pretty good.

It'll just be the single week off next year because of the late start, so hopefully it's just a split round rather than three weeks of byes.
I think they're planning on round 1 being done in one week (as it should) rather than taking the two weeks to do as it has in the past. I think/assume the season starts 1 week later than usual, so assuming round 1 is like the rest of the rounds then the three week byes will probably stay unfortunately.

One small thing: changing the bloody interface of the SC website. Compared to last year it was an absolute disaster to try and navigate about the furthest thing from user friendly possible.
It happens when you outsource the development of your website to second semester computer science students.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If i wanted to play fantasy i would.

I hate Dream team because all the skill got removed with multiple trades each week

the skill is picking the right players, IN THEIR ALLOCATED spots, with a mix of DPP players as you deem necassary

Changing the goal posts mid race imho is the equivalent of watching umpiring, you just never know what your gonna get and is just plain annoying

at the start of each Supercoach season the rules are clear and wont change, for me that is the very reason i play and love Supercoach

I think non playing, suspended and injured players should go down in price each game they miss.
They are worth less to real world teams and this should be reflected in SC.

I hate Dream team because all the skill got removed with multiple trades each week

the skill is picking the right players, IN THEIR ALLOCATED spots, with a mix of DPP players as you deem necassary

Changing the goal posts mid race imho is the equivalent of watching umpiring, you just never know what your gonna get and is just plain annoying

at the start of each Supercoach season the rules are clear and wont change, for me that is the very reason i play and love Supercoach

Fair enough.

New element of trying to get that 'must have' fresh DPP player I don't think is that much of a bad idea. You could also get lucky and somebody that you already own gains DPP. Which would be a win! Skill to a certain extent is well and truly out the window these days IMO anyway. Everyone has the same info constantly at fingertips via smart phones, forums etc etc.

Think most don't play Fantasy based on scoring. "SC scoring is better" factor. And nothing to do with amount of trades or rules. The rules don't change if it is explained at start or season in 'rules' that potentially players could gain DPP during season.

Not sure the thoughts on this idea but think it would be worth bringing up - more than just 2 trades per week, but decreasing overall trades.

If you have only 20-22 trades, it's still got the element of skill, but if you could make 3 or 4 trades in just 1 week it would bring the flexibility into it as well so not every best team just follows the structured path to winning.

That's why I've advocated in my opening post for a split of trades - 15 in first half of season, remaining 15 in second half of season, but no cap per round.

Would still be restricting you imo. I think the only proper restrictions needed are salary cap + positions + total number of trades. Be free to use trades however you see fit. Open it up to blazes of glory.

+1

I'd rather more accurate DPP that's not treated as a gimmick. It seems almost a whim whom they give it to and it has to be balanced by rookies as well. Ultimate Footy goes over the top with it, but something in between seems far more practical.

I agree with those talking about the interface. Been going downhill rapidly since they introduced the new HS paywall and crap. SC Draft needs a major overhaul too, it's a shocking system, hopeless to use. Only did 1 league this year for that and it was a chore.

There's possibly a fantasy saturation now. The market has caught up to the demand, and now the AFL's official games are all in your face at every turn. Not to mention UF, RDT, Sportsbet, fantasy betting sites too.

So not surprised SC numbers be down. Especially when you consider the scoring system is so open to interpretation and the numbers aren't as easy to grasp as the simpleton versions that is DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back