Prediction 2016 NAB Challenge Line-up Greater Western Sydney vs Western Bulldogs Thursday Feb 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without looking at stats looking at the full squad i think they would be. Theyd obviousily sit out a few of the older outliers mummy, Davis, SJ, Griff, Ward ect
We both have young lists, I don't think our player management during preseason would need to differ that much to other young sides. Our training staff ultimately decide what our workload is but list age wouldn't suggest there would be any real difference. I would be concerned if we were more rusty than any other side at this time of the year. It's not like we are a North Melbourne or Hawthorn. Our guys are young.

We both have young lists, I don't think our player management during preseason would need to differ that much to other young sides. Our training staff ultimately decide what our workload is but list age wouldn't suggest there would be any real difference. I would be concerned if we were more rusty than any other side at this time of the year. It's not like we are a North Melbourne or Hawthorn. Our guys are young.

The recent inside into leon cameron says they like to play lots of match footy in the preseason. Thats what i took from it anyway.

Sure, that's fine. That almost certainly suggests it's more a club/staff related thing than it is age/list profile.

As you said you wouldnt do it with an older list.

90% of their entire 44 list is really young. Id say a fair bit younger than most outside of Gold Coast.

Dont have stats to back it up but theyd have one of the youngest if not youngest list

Anyone know if Jong is injured? I still think Jong could be what we need to replace Cramers and if he is fit Bev could be hiding this move up his sleeve.
Yeah I can see that. I like Jong but with a fully fit midfield he's not in it at the moment but I agree he'd be worth a shot in Crammers role. About the same size and he's probably got a similar marking ability over head. He'd be a more reliable set shot and I dont think his work up the ground would be any worse than Crameris tbh, I mean Crameri isnt immune to an errant handball or slamming the ball on the foot. No doubt Jong wouldnt be able to do the same amount of gut running though which is a big part of Crammers game. And he wouldnt have the same goal sense either. I like it though, could add a real point of difference when you think he's alongside the likes of Stringer/Dickson/Boyd/Red, could definitely fly under the radar up there.

Yeah I can see that. I like Jong but with a fully fit midfield he's not in it at the moment but I agree he'd be worth a shot in Crammers role. About the same size and he's probably got a similar marking ability over head. He'd be a more reliable set shot and I dont think his work up the ground would be any worse than Crameris tbh, I mean Crameri isnt immune to an errant handball or slamming the ball on the foot. No doubt Jong wouldnt be able to do the same amount of gut running though which is a big part of Crammers game. And he wouldnt have the same goal sense either. I like it though, could add a real point of difference when you think he's alongside the likes of Stringer/Dickson/Boyd/Red, could definitely fly under the radar up there.
Jong's a better leap and high mark than crams. Different type of players, but Both pretty explosive and worry defenders. and open up play for teammates.

Similar to you, I had a feeling Adams would play relatively early, but I'm pretty surprised about Collins. If we get more than five or so games out of him it's a bonus. If he can hold down a key position for us...wow.
Looks like a young Johnathon Brown ha ha. Reckon they will go the fast track cuz hes got the body and fills a need esp with Talia gone.

Dont think this neccessarily means Collins and Adams are first choice KPDs, think they just want to see them play together and hold it down. Hamling, Roberts and probably Cordy will play next week (rest Moz) then a combination of them all and the real 'firsr choice' set up will play week 3.

Really really excited to see how they go though and I hope like hell they kill it.

Hey guys, on the doggies site there is a great 8-10 min interiew with Bev talking about this game, ruck selections, pre season workloads, etc. on my mobile its with the story about "suckling named ..."

Bev said on Saturday we will go in at pretty much full strength game one, play all the kids game two and full dress rehearsal game 3.

As soon as the markets come up for NAB 1 I am going to smack my entire Sportsbet account onto us!

Anyone else get on early? Dogs have been $2.10 into $1.26 after teams were announced!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar to you, I had a feeling Adams would play relatively early, but I'm pretty surprised about Collins. If we get more than five or so games out of him it's a bonus. If he can hold down a key position for us...wow.
it may be the case of him getting games early, then as the season rolls on and he gets tired, we bring hammer/Fletch in to run out the season. Collins could well play on Pav, Bruce and Gunston in the first three weeks.

Shame Dunks isnt in the side
From what people have reported, would have thought he'd be named

Looking forward to seeing how Collins and Adams goes in defense
Collins to take Patton
Adams to take Cameron

Anyone know if the 3 that get omitted from the squad is announced today or tomorrow? Will be interesting to see who they are.

GWS- Palmer Patton Lobb
WB- M.Boyd Collins Roughead

GWS- Kelly Finlayson Himmleberg
WB- Murphy Adams Wood

GWS- Whitfield Scully Hoskin-Elliot
WB- Macrae Wallis Hunter

GWS- A.Kennedy Corr Marchbank
WB- Suckling Stringer Stevens

GWS- Wilson Davis Patfull
WB- Dale Dickson Adcock

GWS- Simpson WB- Minson
GWS- Coniglio WB- Bontempelli
GWS- Sheil WB- Dahlhaus

I/C- GWS- Williams, Pickett, Hopper, Stewart, M.Kennedy, Steele.
I/C- WB- Hrovat, Johannisen, Picken, Campbell, Biggs, McLean.

This is not the real teams just my guess going off the 29 man
squads, GWS have probably left out more talent than we have,
but do have a player with a hyphenated name so it is hard to
tip against the hyphenated name as we saw in the intra-club.

GWS- Palmer Patton Lobb
WB- M.Boyd Collins Roughead

GWS- Kelly Finlayson Himmleberg
WB- Murphy Adams Wood

GWS- Whitfield Scully Hoskin-Elliot
WB- Macrae Wallis Hunter

GWS- A.Kennedy Corr Marchbank
WB- Suckling Stringer Stevens

GWS- Wilson Davis Patfull
WB- Dale Dickson Adcock

GWS- Simpson WB- Minson
GWS- Coniglio WB- Bontempelli
GWS- Sheil WB- Dahlhaus

I/C- GWS- Williams, Pickett, Hopper, Stewart, M.Kennedy, Steele.
I/C- WB- Hrovat, Johannisen, Picken, Campbell, Biggs, McLean.

This is not the real teams just my guess going off the 29 man
squads, GWS have probably left out more talent than we have,
but do have a player with a hyphenated name so it is hard to
tip against the hyphenated name as we saw in the intra-club.

I think we pick all 3 of Minson, Roughead and Campbell for this game and particularly with the latter 2 we trial them for extended periods in the forward line. Not only due to our injuries to Boyd and Redpath but I think the coaching staff will look favourably upon the one who shows a bit as a forward (particularly if Bev wants to go with the 50/50 ruck split and not have both of Boyd and Redpath in the same team).

Forget Roughead as a defender, it should only happen if we are badly cruelled by injury to our KPD's. In my view I'd prefer to pick a combination of Roberts/Collins/Hamling/Adams as the 2 starting KPDs.

I think we pick all 3 of Minson, Roughead and Campbell for this game and particularly with the latter 2 we trial them for extended periods in the forward line. Not only due to our injuries to Boyd and Redpath but I think the coaching staff will look favourably upon the one who shows a bit as a forward (particularly if Bev wants to go with the 50/50 ruck split and not have both of Boyd and Redpath in the same team).

Forget Roughead as a defender, it should only happen if we are badly cruelled by injury to our KPD's. In my view I'd prefer to pick a combination of Roberts/Collins/Hamling/Adams as the 2 starting KPDs.
Yeah Dogsman16, off Bevos thinking i probably agree, but
Jonathon Patton 198 cm 103 kg
Rory Lobb 206 cm 102 kg
Jeremy Findlayson 194 cm 90 kg
Harrison Himmleberg 194 cm 86 kg
Plus James Stewart 196 cm 93 kg off the bench (otb)

That is some serious beef on the hoof combined with mobility that you
can't just strap Dale Morris to.

Yeah Dogsman16, off Bevos thinking i probably agree, but
Jonathon Patton 198 cm 103 kg
Rory Lobb 206 cm 102 kg
Jeremy Findlayson 194 cm 90 kg
Harrison Himmleberg 194 cm 86 kg
Plus James Stewart 196 cm 93 kg off the bench (otb)

That is some serious beef on the hoof combined with mobility that you
can't just strap Dale Morris to.

You might see that as an opportunity for GWS to expose a lack of height but I see it precisely the other way.

A massive opportunity for us to run the ball out of defence at will. GWS playing 3 or more of those guys most of whom are heavily inexperienced gives us a massive opportunity to drive the ball out of the back half once the ball hits the deck.

Sure if is was 3 guys like Cameron, McCarthy and Patton it might be a bit more risky but for me the risk is that we get sucked into exactly what the opposition want us to do and thats go with a less skilful and less mobile defensive setup, which is even more important when you play a zone setup as we do.

Sure this is only a NAB game but if was a proper season game and they went that tall I'd see it as a massive opportunity to take advantage of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back