2017 Commentary Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently MMM have canned the Rush Hour and will have Dead Set Legends in the drive slot on weekdays.

So 100% hope that is the case.

Billy Brownless' slaughtering of the English language turned me off a bit but it was the Idiot File that became the straw that broke the Camel's back.

Never know what people find funny about hanging it on someone clearly butchering their native language every sentence.

If it is 100% and DSL moves to drive, I'm back listening to the M's.

Paywall. Surprising Frawley has been dumped though he is probably the best one on the Rub
I don't get what triple m are doing. Lyon and Frawley were the stars of the Saturday rub, what they did was different from any other footy pregame, and no matter how much others tried to emulate it no one got close. Their hands were tied with Lyon, but they've lost it getting rid of spud.

Whether you liked the way they did it or not they always killed the ratings. I don't see how Paul Roos fits in their style at all. Juddy has shown he can.

I don't get what triple m are doing. Lyon and Frawley were the stars of the Saturday rub, what they did was different from any other footy pregame, and no matter how much others tried to emulate it no one got close. Their hands were tied with Lyon, but they've lost it getting rid of spud.

Whether you liked the way they did it or not they always killed the ratings. I don't see how Paul Roos fits in their style at all. Juddy has shown he can.

I thought the same thing but I wondered if they were going to change their style? Lyon was the big player in the old set up and rather than try to make it work perhaps they are going with a new direction and Frawley didn't fit their new style?

Good news regarding Spud getting that ass, offered literally nothing to the group other than hearing 'It's fair to say' about a million times a broadcast. Triple M is gonna be some interesting listening next season.

"There's no doubting that".

I wonder if he lowered his eyes and saw it coming?

The rub will be the rub as long as James Brayshaw is around - say what you like about the bloke but he is one of the best radio talents I have ever heard and I listen to a s**t load of radio. Triple M rated brilliantly well before Spud and Garry they only joined 2006 and 2007 respectively. The only constant since 2002 has been JB - he sets the tone whatever his involvement is- will dictate how well they go next season.

Danny wasn't given the ass no way, MMM just put some spin around it he left for a higher offer.

The rub will be the rub as long as James Brayshaw is around - say what you like about the bloke but he is one of the best radio talents I have ever heard and I listen to a s**t load of radio. Triple M rated brilliantly well before Spud and Garry they only joined 2006 and 2007 respectively. The only constant since 2002 has been JB - he sets the tone whatever his involvement is- will dictate how well they go next season.

Danny wasn't given the ass no way, MMM just put some spin around it he left for a higher offer.
Who did triple M have before Lyon and Frawley? BT and Sam were, but they fit in with the rub 'style'. There isn't many who do.

Agree on Brayshaw. Despite the hate he gets he's probably in the top handful of radio talents on all platforms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who did triple M have before Lyon and Frawley? BT and Sam were, but they fit in with the rub 'style'. There isn't many who do.

Agree on Brayshaw. Despite the hate he gets he's probably in the top handful of radio talents on all platforms.

For a little bit there was Derm.

Quarters chipped in here and there on Triple M before returning for 2009-10.

SEN on Friday night was already my choice but now I think it's the best team in footy...Huddo, Garry, Granland...Spud is the weak link, if they had someone better as the 4th (Mooney or Derm) it would be perfect.

My ideal Triple M line up now would be JB, Dunstall, Judd & Barrett.
I'm surprised they didn't go for Cooney. He'd fit in well.

The first few rubs are gonna be good regardless next year, it'll just be JB and Barrett teeing off at Spud for two hours.

I'm surprised they didn't go for Cooney. He'd fit in well.

The first few rubs are gonna be good regardless next year, it'll just be JB and Barrett teeing off at Spud for two hours.

Except that Spud's walked over to SEN.

Spud will learn what BT learnt - they're good but they're good when there are ring leaders ahead of them JB- Spud trying to make SEN sound like MMM will be equally as bad as AW and BT. Garry is a brilliant analyst and when he genuinely likes the people he is also a brilliant broadcaster (Sam/JB) it will be interesting to hear the dynamics between Garry and Huddo- I do think SEN breakfast will be good the days Hamish is sick though

The Ruby IMV hit a wall of staleness this year so a refresh could be good. Could also mean more Darcy which would be horrendous

Agree that whilst it has Brayshaw it has hope

Half the time the rub this year was Frawley ranting about other commentators and laughing at his own rants
You can always tell those who think their position in life is enhanced by playing sport at the highest level.

I like Danny Frawley and think he can give some insightful analysis, but mostly he is there for comedic value and in his world that means insults and putdowns. If you are , Like Damian Barrett, a non-player he will go harder at you than those who did play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back