Fantasy 2017 - Cutthroat Sign Up and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure why, I copied scoring over best I could. Modules are slightly different between the two sites. And/or I may have made an error? I'll check tonight when I get home.
I think what it could be is MFL is confusing with sacks and tackles for loss. Where if you make a sack it's also a tackle for loss. So to get the exact espn number I have to break it up as both a sack and a tackle for loss so that added together it adds up the same as espn. But I'll recheck tonight in case I made an error there. Cos u had a quick look and everything else is the same .... Passes defensed, tackles, assists, forced fumbles, etc.

Oh, I was also looking at the FantasySharks draft component. It must be their site can't relate the scores properly across.

Just updated scoring -- changing sacks to 4.08 per 1, and leaving TFL at 4.08 per one. System needs an hour to update scoring change and then I'll view player stats to see if they're fixed or not. I have a feeling they wont be tho because I am sure I tested this before and noticed if someone got a sack then they got 4.08 for the sack + 4.08 for the TFL. Why I had to make it 2.04 for sacks and 2.04 for TFLs in MFL, so that a sack ended up equaling 4.08.

BUT

This is where it's a little tricky/confusing because, for instance, JPP vs the Bears last year....he got 2.5 sacks, but was said to have gotten only 1 TFL. Why in MFL he scored 18 pts last year in that game but in ESPN he scored 27. Meanwhile, the following game vs the Browns, in he got 3 sacks and 3 TFLs in MFL and ESPN and the scores for that game are pretty exact at 36 points he received that game.

So there's something going on there where I have to find a way in MFL to award a sack as just a sack, and a TFL as just a TFL without it including a sack. Which can be tricky finding a way to do that, but i'll keep trying :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I tweaked within the hour after tweaking, still got to wait longer before they update the scoring to the latest tweak.

Latest tweak I did was....

Sack = 4.08 for 1 (as per CT)
TFL = 4.08 for 1 (as per CT) BUT ONLY IF sacks = 0.

So hopefully that ends up meaning that if a player tackles a RB for a loss he gets 4.08 pts for a "stuff" as per ESPN classification. And that if a player sacks a QB, he gets 4.08 for the sack but no extra points for a TFL because a TFL would only count if a QB wasn't sacked.

Hopefully that works as per that logic. Probably around midnight the latest tweak shall be live so I can view how the IDP players scores compare between MFL and ESPN.

Keep in mind that I'm tweaking it so Stuffs and Sacks are going to end up separate things as they were on ESPN. That's the goal here.

ok that didnt work, ESPN vs MFL player scores total still different. Meaning ESPN was awarding TFLs to Sacks as well.

So I have to create more conditional logic scoring.

Something like....

If a sack included a TFL then award 2.04 for 1 sack and 2.04 for the TFL
But if a sack didnt include a TFL then award 4.08 for 1 sack
Meanwhile if a TFL didn't include a sack then award 4.08 for 1
But if a TFL did include a sack then award 2.04 for 1

I'm just tweaking to this now to view again when it updates.

ESPN just can't be replicated in MFL.

ESPN's stuff is specifically only for TFL's against a RB. Whereas in MFL TFL can be either a stuff or sack where the QB lost yardage. But not all Sacks are for loss of yardage, so can't eliminate the "sack" option because a player can have 2 sacks and no TFLs (because both sacks were for 0 loss), but a player can have 2 sacks and 3 TFLs (because 2 sacks were for loss and he also had a "stuff").

So it's doing my head in at the moment.

If you create the rule SACKS+TFL, as well as a sack category and a TFL category. Then it just triples both categories.

For now I will just revert to what it was originally on MFL before I started tweaking it tonight. And think again tomorrow.

To be honest, I don't give a toss about if it matches ESPN scoring or not. It's gonna be the same for all players in the position. Move on.

To be honest, I don't give a toss about if it matches ESPN scoring or not. It's gonna be the same for all players in the position. Move on.
Yes but if you lower sack values you decrease the value of DL and OLB (3-4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back