List Mgmt. 2017 Draft - Pick 10 - Poll Added

Who would YOU pick at #10 in this years draft? (Single Choice)

• Stephenson

Votes: 34 9.8%
  • Brayshaw

Votes: 82 23.7%
  • Coffield

Votes: 22 6.4%
  • Constable

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Higgins

Votes: 31 9.0%
  • Brander

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Bonar

Votes: 32 9.2%
  • Clark

Votes: 26 7.5%
  • DFogarty

Votes: 84 24.3%
  • Hayes

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

From my point of view Lob seems like a needs based pick. In saying that we don’t how much niggles and injury were holding him back during the year.

I was very keen on Fogarty so was disappointed we didn’t take the opportunity to grab him. I think he has the ability to be a match winner. Probably a riskier selection than lob and if Fogarty did happen to only make it as a 3rd tall in defence/attack, that’s not something we need.

Lobs kicking is terrific in his highlights so l will enjoy watching a highly skilled Carlton player as opposed to what l call ‘the Carlton butchers’ of previous years.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not a expert but here's my write up in the Phantom Draft

Richmond Pick #17: Ed Richards
Ed ran a 2.89 sec 20m sprint this year.
Unlike others who do similar things Ed actually uses it in games. You can see him taking the ball and just bursting away from opponents.
Unlike others Ed can actually calmly hit a target while at full speed. His kicking efficiency of 75 per cent was the best out of any of the TAC Cup players invited to the National Combine.
Unlike others Ed can calmly hit a target 50 to 60 meters away while at full speed.
Unlike others Ed can hit the right target while running at full speed.
Unlike others I would love to see Ed called out by Bolts on draft night :)
He's a serious weapon who's been hidden from view due to injury and choosing to play mostly for his school.

I rate Ed as potentially the best player in the draft. To do that he'll have to prove himself on the inside but if he can he's going to be something special.

Massive call - what are you thoughts on him?

Very much an outside player at this stage, but is decent one on one.

He's fast, very fast, and uses it the his advantage regularly. He's an excellent kick and can hit targets 50-60m out on the chest. He's also not a headless chook runner. He thinks about where he's running, and tries to dispose the ball to the best advantage of his teammate.

The risk with Ed is that he just hasn't played that high level footy at Champs or VFL level. You just don't know how he'll hold up under the extra pressure. It would've been nice to see him in the midfield to see if he can transition, but he just didn't play enough footy.

Geez someone give me a recruiting job already.

From my point of view Lob seems like a needs based pick. In saying that we don’t how much niggles and injury were holding him back during the year.

I was very keen on Fogarty so was disappointed we didn’t take the opportunity to grab him. I think he has the ability to be a match winner. Probably a riskier selection than lob and if Fogarty did happen to only make it as a 3rd tall in defence/attack, that’s not something we need.

Lobs kicking is terrific in his highlights so l will enjoy watching a highly skilled Carlton player as opposed to what l call ‘the Carlton butchers’ of previous years.

fogarty is looming as the pick of the lot for mine.......

Were we not literally the butchers early in our history?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back