2017 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Learn to structure your "sentences" and write so I can tell what you're arguing. ATM you're just barking contrarian rhetoric.
You obviously have nothing of substance to contribute.

Taking pot shots at others grammer or sentence structure in an internet forum.

You must be busy.

Hahahaha!

Len, I think you’ve just outed yourself as being much younger than claimed.

No owner of a Gladstone bag drinks Pinot Grigio.

It seems our Len S/Fitzroys Dorian Grays' "reputation suffers in circles of the polite BigFooty society", since updating the Gladstone? ;)

utENRI9.jpg

You obviously have nothing of substance to contribute.

Taking pot shots at others grammer or sentence structure in an internet forum.

You must be busy.

Hahahaha!

I've got plenty to contribute, but only to people I can understand. You've spent the whole day basically on this thread. I can only assume you've started school holidays and have nothing better to do. Enjoy your trolling.

It is obvious that if they keep teaching your ball winners robot fashion to defend first then thats what they'll do.

Then the team starves of possession.

Train the way you want to play.

Heard or read this anywhere?

I for one believe it.

Humans mostly are creatures of habits.

Teach defense first and foremost and that's exactly what you get.

Correct for most of your squad not all, imo.

Yes! Here you go.....from Fagan 12 months ago when he spoke on implementing and revamping the gamestyle.... That was the focus at the seven-day camp in Tasmania

We did a lot of education and practice around that game plan and the guys showed a pretty good understanding in a short space of time,’’ Fagan said.
It will take a while before we nail it. You don’t stand up, show some vision, practice it three times and you’ve got it. It’s a work in progress.//..

..//Fagan says Brisbane must master both elements of the game if they want to be successful in the long-term.

You need to strike a balance between attack and defence … that’s what the best teams have got. If you want to win a premiership you have to be able to do both,’’ he said.
“The way you attack can influence the way you defend and vice-versa. I was lucky enough to be at Hawthorn for nine years and I learned a lot in that time.’’

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...n/news-story/85eedbd73a2360e15f0fe88684e3a705

After reading the last half dozen pages or so, I decided to go on an adventure and discover the joys of the Ignore button for the very first time...it’s a little black mirroresqe but nonetheless satisfying..now back to the 2017 Draft... my view is our haul looks very promising..our top 3 picks look to be aggressive and go hard at the ball and our academy bigs have plenty of upside with their size and kicking skills. Onwards and upwards in 2018. Go Lions

I giggled inanely like a pre pubescent idiot for 15 minutes when I spotted this in one of the 'draft day' videos on the Lions site the other night.

View attachment 440850

I am 43 years old and considered an adult by modern society.
I'm quite willing to second you, especially the caption - "Months and months of hard work will all pay off tonight".

After reading the last half dozen pages or so, I decided to go on an adventure and discover the joys of the Ignore button for the very first time...it’s a little black mirroresqe but nonetheless satisfying..now back to the 2017 Draft... my view is our haul looks very promising..our top 3 picks look to be aggressive and go hard at the ball and our academy bigs have plenty of upside with their size and kicking skills. Onwards and upwards in 2018. Go Lions

Go on! Admit it, you must've had a little tiny laugh surely?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny that is exactly what I've just done as well. And I agree with your comments on our top 3.
Oh and I just discovered about 3 pages of unread on this thread disappeared. LOL

Did this yesterday .....(after having a response deleted by Moderator .... and all I mentioned was Plonker) .... and even though the posting seems a little disjointed with the omissions, it's actually a plus when you realise who is missing.
No need to name who (plural).... ( just spotted my dog .... he is 22 say again 22)

ps Have done this once before ......and ImStillDoinFine

It seems our Len S/Fitzroys Dorian Grays' "reputation suffers in circles of the polite BigFooty society", since updating the Gladstone? ;)

utENRI9.jpg

Fake News! Len's membership of the Over 50's Clique is ROCK SOLID! #WhoisolderthanLenS?

I like it! You guys should change your pseudonym, to "The Stalkers."
We have your best interests at heart. Tagging you in threads is just our way of checking if you are ok. It’s like a Big Footy MedicAlert.
4712BAAE-AED6-44D0-B183-1FA7B5C46114.jpeg

Dayne Beams rang all draftee's mums to see how they were doing and let them know how well we are going to look after their boys.|

Class.

Be very comforting as a parent to hear that from the captain of the club. We have all the tools in place now, great depth, some genuine stars in the making/current and great leadership in all areas of the club. Only a matter of time before it all clicks and we are back playing finals again.

So heard all about Charlie Ballard happenings.

It is apparently really stressful. He had 30 interviews in total so hopes were high naturally and all media had him going 19 to the Suns.

So when it passed there was a little stress as suddenly where willl you end up was on the cards. Every time a pick is selected it's anticipation followed by disappointment.
Onto. The 40's and it is getting anxious as there is plenty of examples of people not drafted. Then bang. Elation and to who he was type of expecting.

Told to be ready the next day and they turn up and basically whisked him away straight to the airport and gone.

He will be home for Christmas and until then it's full on.

It's pretty tough I reckon on those that miss out.

The one thing our 4 interstate draftees have in common is the hunger for the contest. The desire to get the ball - to succeed. Call it white line fever of whatever, but it is what separates the successful from mere mortals. That is what impressed me most in Rayner's highlights. Now I have seen what a likeable, engaging, energetic young man he is I am more than happy with our haul. And I predict Wooller will come to be seen as one of the steals of the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back