Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Murphy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 was clearly Murphy's best season, but taking into account most of his seasons since have been interrupted by injury, 2017 was his best season since 2011.

This is how i'm justify it , Coaches under estimated Murphy because of recent lack of football , So then they can give more points as he performing better then they expect...Ofcourse Us Fans see Murphy's games as normal performance and only give 1 point , hence why Murphy got Double points all year..

This is how i'm justify it , Coaches under estimated Murphy because of recent lack of football , So then they can give more points as he performing better then they expect...Ofcourse Us Fans see Murphy's games as normal performance and only give 1 point , hence why Murphy got Double points all year..

Genius...

I wouldn't say 'us fans' I'd replace that with 'bigfooty posters'. Carlton fans in general are nowhere near as harsh on Murphy as people are here. That is obvious seeing as he also shared in the award voted for by fans.

I thought Docherty would win it myself but Murphy winning it was no big surprise. He had an excellent year and it was always going to be close between him, Kreuzer and Docherty, It's not like a rank outsider got up to take the award out.

Well done Murph, congratulations!!
Sad how underrated he is these days by a lot of people - myself included.
I am one who has been guilty of taking him for granted, focusing instead on younger, more recent additions to the team.
May he add a third B&F to his tally! :)

Back