Game Day 2017 National Draft live tracker .. all picks here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It seems too good to be true. Makes me nervous as to why they are being over looked.
This is not Wells like.

Fogarty missed the combine testing due to illness, Kelly is "old", Copper probably doesn't win enough outside ball and Miers is a touch slow for a "modern" small forward.
They are all smart, natural footballers though who use it well and have good vision.

I had Miers potentially pushing top 20 this year after his GF performance, to get him at 57 is a ******* dream.
Kid can play.
Think SJ/Chappy ability to snare a goal from nowhere....
Was compared to Milne as someone who will pester opposition by this Fox Footy commentary. I'd be glad if he ends up half as good as Milne was as a player.

Fogarty missed the combine testing due to illness, Kelly is "old", Copper probably doesn't win enough outside ball and Miers is a touch slow for a "modern" small forward.
They are all smart, natural footballers though who use it well and have good vision.

Cheers mate
Copper haha ..... obvious nickname

My main wish was not going tall. Whether we have picked the right players or not time will tell but we have played high percentage with the player types which is what I think we needed to do. Kelly, Fogerty and Miers could all get a game next year. We needed some goal kicking options so competition will be on for spots with the draftees, Cockatoo, McCarthy and Gregson next year.

Tim Kelly
23 year old goal kicking ball magnet and good over head mark who averages 28 possessions a game
Also runner up in the Sandover = a steal

Charlie Constable 191cm agile midfielder with a ton of poise, who looks like he could quite easily play a Corey Enright type role across half back

Me likely likey

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with all our selections. I'd have hoped for a key position player but I can't complain given the selections. Kelly has the potential to play round 1 and Constable reminds me of a young Joel Corey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have not reached this year at all... Excellent selections so far in all honesty.

Its just a shame we missed out on a Key Defender this draft, someone like Petty, Taylor, Clavarino would've been good for the list.

Constable is a major slider, maybe its his pace and endurance as big question marks? Nonetheless, it was pick 35 and worth the pick, he looks like clearance machine, and will outmark his opponent most of the time, quality user of the ball.

Kelly is the best replacement for Motlop, so effectively we get GAJ and Kelly, for Motlop and Lang; this is a pretty good list change.

Miers was a steal, and a natural goal-kicker, he has his flaws (speed, attitude), but heck, he looks durable and seems like good value.

I think Fogarty is good value, you can't beat the small forwards that have midfield capability. He just looks like a class act.

So now our Small Forward line stocks look much better - Gregson, McCarthy, GAJ, Kelly, Fogarty, Miers, JJ, Parfitt. That's a lot of depth in this department, are we following the Tigers model next season?

Mid-size forward depth is Menzel, Parsons, Danger, Cockatoo, Black, Murdoch, Henry.

Why was Parsons not upgraded? Can he stay on the rookie list for a third season?

You'd figure Gregson and McCarthy would be looking over their shoulders with that draft haul coming through.
Id add Parsons to that list as well IMO...

A 3 can play when fit - but there is some players coming behind them...

It also given Sav and Buzza the focus and another 12 months to develop - which they clearly need.

GO Catters

Miers, Houlahan, Garner, Hayes, Ballenden, Murphy and Constable are the biggest sliders.

And we got two of them! No reaching!

I was concerned about getting questionable talls or outside players who don't make it but I couldn't be happier with our picks. A few we missed that I liked but we only had so many picks and the players we got look very good basically all 4 of them are draft sliders are ranked much higher by rankings and other 'experts'. Picked best available at each pick and did very well. Still some quality players available that we could take as rookies instead of hayball or Crameri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back