Team Mgmt. 2017 Team selections, injuries and availability

Remove this Banner Ad

Well lets trade for one then because I don't see Hooker as a forward long term.
There is no mid-season trade period and this is the least of our worries. Why does 'All Australian' mean so much when it's Hooker playing forward, but it's scorned as a nothing award when other players are omitted? He's a team player, let him play for the team instead of for a particular position.

There is no mid-season trade period and this is the least of our worries. Why does 'All Australian' mean so much when it's Hooker playing forward, but it's scorned as a nothing award when other players are omitted? He's a team player, let him play for the team instead of for a particular position.

I meant at the end of the year.

I get it he had off game last night but we cant continue him forward if he doesn't kick goals regularly he has to be more then just be a decoy for Joe imo.

Stays forward. Went ball/rance chasing a bit last night and was in some poor positions late for someone his size and pace. Played into Rance's hands.
Should really have stayed 30-40 from goal and kept Rance accountable.

Also unsure why my post about Stewart in the Stewart thread needed to be moved here.
I moved it along with a bunch of other posts that were discussing 2nd KPFs and the forward/defensive structure if Hooker was moved to defence. Apologies if it was intended as a standalone comment, rather than a reference to those posts which preceded it.

I moved it along with a bunch of other posts that were discussing 2nd KPFs and the forward/defensive structure if Hooker was moved to defence. Apologies if it was intended as a standalone comment, rather than a reference to those posts which preceded it.
Fair enough. It was part of the discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a knee-jerk question.

Of course Hooker stays up forward.

Actually a lot of us have been saying it since Hird moved him there.

With Carlisle gone it's even more obvious.

I like Hartley's work last year but we seem to be trying to turn him into a more attacking defender?? Hooker is 10x better at that role.

And reckon there's been many times this year we could have used Hooker's poise down back. Not last night as he just had an off night.

Agree with ant555 and seriously doubt that Hooker can run with a decent forward at the moment.

The fact that Hooker drew Rance from Joe was probably enough to say that he got a pass (albeit 51%).

Hartley is improving parts of his game but has lost the strengths he has last year. Point is that I think he's going to be a better option as a defender than the forward who can replace Hooker.

That would be a hybrid role which would result in Langers playing more forward than midfield which would in my opinion halt his progress.

For his development he needs substantial midfield time and he's just not going to see it until some of the older guys retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back