ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Scorchers v sixers

Not much interests me, but I recall that Abbott was generally underrated last season and tended to surprise me, so having a whimsical bet on:

0.25u Abbott most wickets (v Tye and Curran) @ $3.20

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Scorchers v sixers

Not much interests me, but I recall that Abbott was generally underrated last season and tended to surprise me, so having a whimsical bet on:

0.25u Abbott most wickets (v Tye and Curran) @ $3.20

+0.55u

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Bet on first over of Heat v Hurricanes game being over 5.5 runs with Baz McCullum or Shortt most likely facing. Only got 4 but to my delight bet is void as only 19 over game. This had SFA to do with my bet but meh happy days.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
1u Stars (v hurricanes) $2.20 (Tabtouch / BetEasy)

I think the stars are a bit underrated. Hurricanes were held to 159 against the heat who don't have an astonishing bowling lineup. The stars lost via Duckworth Lewis and so were under pressure from the start, so I'm happy to dismiss that performance as they don't have a 20-over yardstick yet and their team looks better than $2.20 on paper. Only concern is if the hurricanes bowlers get on a roll.

puntking

All Australian
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
test today Aus for the win
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
1u Stars (v hurricanes) $2.20 (Tabtouch / BetEasy)

I think the stars are a bit underrated. Hurricanes were held to 159 against the heat who don't have an astonishing bowling lineup. The stars lost via Duckworth Lewis and so were under pressure from the start, so I'm happy to dismiss that performance as they don't have a 20-over yardstick yet and their team looks better than $2.20 on paper. Only concern is if the hurricanes bowlers get on a roll.

-1u

Was looking good until Maxwell and Larkin got out, then the run rate dropped and they couldn't make up for a poor power play.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Was eyeing up India at $2.75 last night. Woke up to see them even Wmwuth India at $2.35...? Not sure why. Can't have just been the toss result? M Marsh is always a question mark for me, and I expected the change in the top order to have favoured Australia's odds...

Was eyeing up India at $2.75 last night. Woke up to see them even Wmwuth India at $2.35...? Not sure why. Can't have just been the toss result? M Marsh is always a question mark for me, and I expected the change in the top order to have favoured Australia's odds...

Toss result is a pretty good indicator of who will win these days

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
1u Australia win @ $7 ( BetEasy)

I realise the pitch doesn't seem to be doing much but there is some variable bounce and it's only day one. There was similar talk of the Perth pitch on day 1 and that produced wickets afterwards. Was just expecting to see Australia around $4.50/5 not 7. So really a bet on the momentum changing.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren

I realise the pitch doesn't seem to be doing much but there is some variable bounce and it's only day one. There was similar talk of the Perth pitch on day 1 and that produced wickets afterwards. Was just expecting to see Australia around $4.50/5 not 7. So really a bet on the momentum changing.

Regretting this... Pitch stayed flat for longer than I expected...

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Sixers v Stars

0.5u Sixers to beat Stars @ $2.15

Was an even match last night and the odds have swung because Handscomb has been selected. Not sure it's warranted so a small bet.

1u Denly under 32.5 points @ $1.88

Denly has started poor and hasn't passed this in the 2 matches so far. His batting average for T20s is 19, so would need that and a couple of catches to go over, and has so far scored 1 and 13. Last innings was dismissed by Rainbird who I don't rate as a big threat. So I think this line should be lower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Sixers v Stars

0.5u Sixers to beat Stars @ $2.15

Was an even match last night and the odds have swung because Handscomb has been selected. Not sure it's warranted so a small bet.

1u Denly under 32.5 points @ $1.88

Denly has started poor and hasn't passed this in the 2 matches so far. His batting average for T20s is 19, so would need that and a couple of catches to go over, and has so far scored 1 and 13. Last innings was dismissed by Rainbird who I don't rate as a big threat. So I think this line should be lower.
-0.24u

Right about Denly, Wrong about Handscomb. Rode his luck at times but quality performance. Bravo and Lamichhane just had the Sixers bamboozled.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Chucked another half on denley under 32.5. Hoping he fails again.

Well that was closer than I wanted after taking 2 catches! Still a small win (0.39u). Still happy to fade him as well...

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren

Loss. Should have grabbed that $2.75 the night before :)

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
1u Scorchers (v Hurricanes) @ $2.25

1u Wade under 23.5 runs @ $1.88

Scorchers have a fantastic bowling lineup, so if they can capitalise on that and not capitulate with the bat then I feel that 2.25 is too long. They have not been good on the road so far but they are a quality side. Bancroft is a bit unknown but happy to wear that risk (hopefully he does what Handscomb did last time!)

Last season Wade tended to get found out by good bowling, so against the Scorchers attack I think 23 is a few runs too long.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Strikers v Thunder

1u Strikers under 170.5 ($1.88)

Strikers have gone under this 2:1 in last year, and similarly Thunder have conceeded under this 2:1. NYE match last year also went under as did match v Thunder. Happy to take this line.

0.5u Root (v Ferguson and Short) ($2.65)

Just think that it's about time Root did something with the bat. Main risk is Ferguson as he is fairly consistent although not a big scorer so far. Short has blown hot and cold.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Strikers v Thunder

1u Strikers under 170.5 ($1.88)

Strikers have gone under this 2:1 in last year, and similarly Thunder have conceeded under this 2:1. NYE match last year also went under as did match v Thunder. Happy to take this line.

0.5u Root (v Ferguson and Short) ($2.65)

Just think that it's about time Root did something with the bat. Main risk is Ferguson as he is fairly consistent although not a big scorer so far. Short has blown hot and cold.

-1.5u.

Line lost by 4. Rainbird was a major leak and bowling 3 wides didn't help.

Root beat Short, but Ferguson was better as was the risk. Thinking that Root just doesn't want to play T20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back