2018 French Open - Roland Garros

Remove this Banner Ad

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This match shows how far Thiem is when it comes to finals. Couldn't beat Zverev a few weeks ago and performing similarly against Nadal. I guess he is used to second place.

You can go through my posting history, i have called bullshit on nadals time wasting for many years. Umpires and the tennis head honchos have never been strong enough on.it.

Then be consistent, there are others you should be whinging about.

I'd almost bet my entire winnings on Santa Ana Lane on Saturday that Halep was WAY over in the first set at times yesterday...oh and Novak, oh and practically every single player on tour. There are times every player goes over.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
But I still don’t get it, aren’t both players playing all points on the same court in alternation?

Also, can’t Thiem do the same thing?

Also, when I am nervous and need to concentrate ie take a penalty in soccer I take time to compose myself. One of the first things I was taught. What’s the problem with that same approach here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why are there rules at all? Let players do what they like. Your argument makes no sense. A sport without rules is a free for all.

But I still don’t get it, aren’t both players playing all points on the same court in alternation?

Also, can’t Thiem do the same thing?

Also, when I am nervous and need to concentrate ie take a penalty in soccer I take time to compose myself. One of the first things I was taught. What’s the problem with that same approach here?

Exactly and on big points you are nuts to not take your time and compose yourself.

Hardly lol we are talking about the rules.

As I said that's fine and I agree with it to a degree, but every other player that does it should be called out. Why is Nadal the ONLY one that is consistently being whinged about?

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
I watch tennis for tennis. Not for a bloke bouncing the ball. Nadal (and Nole) are by far the worst at this. No surprise they have played the longest match ever.

Time is money. Also, the rule never seems to be enforced equally. Nick would have lost his pay cheque by now.

Ok, if it was such an issue to the other players wouldn’t it have been complained about by now?

Seems to me that the “extra” time it takes to bounce a ball is not going to have more than 0% on the outcome of this match.

I’ve seen Djokovic and Federer take injury breaks when they are losing to break the other player’s momentum. Is that a reason for the other player to lose the match? No.

As I said that's fine and I agree with it to a degree, but every other player that does it should be called out. Why is Nadal the ONLY one that is consistently being whinged about?

Um because he is playing right now and we are currently talking about the match

Anyway nothing to stress about, he is going to win :)

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Ok, if it was such an issue to the other players wouldn’t it have been complained about by now?

Seems to me that the “extra” time it takes to bounce a ball is not going to have more than 0% on the outcome of this match.

I’ve seen Djokovic and Federer take injury breaks when they are losing to break the other player’s momentum. Is that a reason for the other player to lose the match? No.

Nick has ranted several times about the unfair umpire advantage the big 3 normally get. But that is Nick.

Is ball bouncing a reason they lose. No.
Does it help Nadal/Nole. Probably.
It is annoying as all hell and breaks the flow of the match. Yes, certainly.

I dislike the set break we seem to have in most matches nowadays as well.

The shot clock cant come soon enough. I am sure Nadal and Nole will both sook about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
last time 4 of the last 5 men's GS finals won in straight sets: 2011 Australian Open

Coincidentally, Nadal won 3 of the 5 both times.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Nick has ranted several times about the unfair umpire advantage the big 3 normally get. But that is Nick.

Is it a reason they lost. No.
Does it help Nadal/Nole. Probably.
It is annoying as all hell and breaks the flow of the match. Yes, certainly.

The shot clock cant come soon enough. I am sure Nadal and Nole will both sook about it.

If the rule is not being applied equally then it should be.

Did you think Nole and Rafa has this advantage before they first won their grand slams?

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
If the rule is not being applied equally then it should be.

Did you think Nole and Rafa has this advantage before they first won their grand slams?

Which is what the shot clock should fix regarding the rule not being applied equally. They will time the service and a player has 25 secs from when the umpire announces the score. So on a big point, the umpire will take longer to say the score but once they do, that's it. It was trailed this year at the US open in the qualies and it worked.

They are not the only ones but they have been by far the worst. I can't recall if they always had this trait but I believe they did.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Which is what the shot clock should fix regarding the rule not being applied equally. They will time the service and a player has 25 secs from when the umpire announces the score. So on a big point, the umpire will take longer to say the score but once they do, that's it. It was trailed this year at the US open in the qualies and it worked.

They are not the only ones but they have been by far the worst. I can't recall if they always had this trait but I believe they did.

If it is cheating should Nole and Rafa’s 28 grand slams be reversed and given to the runners up?

Um because he is playing right now and we are currently talking about the match

Anyway nothing to stress about, he is going to win :)

Makes up for last night’s result lol- at least I was on baby duties so I missed the last set lol

Bet you if the rules come in they won’t pin Federer despite him doing it a few times too.

This is embarrassing. What was that down the line around the net?

Shows the gulf of difference between Nadal and the rest.

There was reason he was $1.30 before the tournament

Back