Preview 2018 Indigenous round Jumper Revealed

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not about how good it looks its what it represents and the meaning. Thats what it's truly about, but people always complain about what they look like.
It can represent something, and look good. Other teams seem to get the blend right.

I always feel like the best themed strips alter the original design of the jersey, and make it fit the theme of the round.

For example, just make the strips look indigenous, for some reason we just chuck an Indigenous symbol on the front and send it out.

Dont feel like we really get it. Happens every year.
Pretty sure it’s been designed by an Aboriginal artist.

It can represent something, and look good. Other teams seem to get the blend right.
I disagree, I think we get it right and some other teams get the balance wrong. Look at Sydney's for example. Yeah it's a lovely piece of Indigenous art, but it's going to disappear into a fine pink static on telly or at the ground whenever a player actually moves anywhere. The good thing about our Indigenous jumpers is that they are still functional footy jumpers.

Pretty sure it’s been designed by an Aboriginal artist.
But it doesn't look enough like that one time the jumper critic glanced at the inside back cover of a Qantas in-flight magazine, therefore the Indigenous artist needs to be more indigenous.

This Collingwood Guernsey is a thing of beauty
3211b86e48f297fb18779f910a92d0f7.jpg

Sent from my CPH1715 using Tapatalk

This Collingwood Guernsey is a thing of beauty
3211b86e48f297fb18779f910a92d0f7.jpg

That’s not That’s Gold is it?

Our penguin loving poster.
If you love penguins you’ve got be alright.

The artist that designed the magpie from the star athletic Guernsey made this one.

A shame we've ended up with this year's one and not the one in this link here...

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/315533517633701872/

That's a magpie with pride. Not the one on this year's Guernsey.

Yes, but when we *do* put a magpie like that on the jumper, every other idiot in the country lines up to tell us how our picture of an indigenous bird by an Indigenous artist isn't indigenous enough.

Yes, but when we *do* put a magpie like that on the jumper, every other idiot in the country lines up to tell us how our picture of an indigenous bird by an Indigenous artist isn't indigenous enough.
Agree - whatever we do each year wrt our jumper / guernsey / gurnsey for the Indigenous round never seems to be good enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The better the win the better the jumper looks too :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back