2018 Prospects / Never again list

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone consider starting with Greenwood again? If he doesn't turn into a premo by years' end, he could be a decent mid price option for M/F 6 or 7

Sooooo many never agains. Hi Rockliff/Sloane/Beams/Treloar/on and on and on.
Why Sloane? Sure he throws up some stinkers but if you start with him it wouldn't be a problem. It averages out pretty well.

Last 5 years has averaged 106, 107, 115, 106, 109 and now sitting on 110. Thats pretty good numbers.

Its just a matter of picking him up at the right time I reckon. Don't wait until he goes big, pick him up when he's stinking it. If he is cheap I will probably start with him next year.

Why Sloane? Sure he throws up some stinkers but if you start with him it wouldn't be a problem. It averages out pretty well.

Last 5 years has averaged 106, 107, 115, 106, 109 and now sitting on 110. Thats pretty good numbers.

Its just a matter of picking him up at the right time I reckon. Don't wait until he goes big, pick him up when he's stinking it. If he is cheap I will probably start with him next year.

I'm actually trading in Sloane this week for Pendles. :drunk::thumbsu:

YOLO! :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Don't have him, never have, but will be adding Greene to the list after this weekend. 109 games with 14 reports and 6/7 suspensions already, no thanks.
Robbo was talking about him on 360 tonight and he mentioned something on his tough up bringing, ive always thought he was a spoilt little brat by the look of him. Can anyone expand on his tough upbringing? i didnt know it was common knowledge.

Robbo was talking about him on 360 tonight and he mentioned something on his tough up bringing, ive always thought he was a spoilt little brat by the look of him. Can anyone expand on his tough upbringing? i didnt know it was common knowledge.
He comes from a poor family.
They used to call him Toby no Greene

Here you go, mate, hope this works, should link to an article excerpt on him (post 15):
#4 Toby Greene

Think Greene, probably, just too unreliable (not output, more no. of games per season)
Wines: Not terrible by any means, but not quite SP.
T J Lynch: Delivery perenially too unreliable.
Treloar: Kick to handball ratio seems to drop from year to year, groin seems an ongoing concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot on the tigers board have done a 180 on BEllis since his role change, used to be a whipping boy but has been great this year.
Started slow too, which is good for his price next year. Look to see how he goes once Houli is back too.
I'm keen on him for next year but will still be behind Doch, Laird and Lloyd for me.

Looks like a solid 95~ PPG player and has hardly missed a game since being drafted. And even if he did become a crab Hardwick would never drop him, because Hardwick.

BJ is cooked
Is he.
Interesting to hear. I hadn't really watched any Essendon and heard some chatter at the start of the year he could be a good POD after starting well. Having a look at the last 8 weeks he's actually been pretty s**t.

Luke McDonald?
Seems to have gone to another level this year in terms of possessions and attacking influence. Seems like he passes the eye test as a good player watching bits of North games.
Scoring not quite matching the game though.
Any North fans got an opinion?

Luke McDonald?
Seems to have gone to another level this year in terms of possessions and attacking influence. Seems like he passes the eye test as a good player watching bits of North games.
Scoring not quite matching the game though.
Any North fans got an opinion?
Playing on the wing instead of defence has really helped his game as his a natural wingman with a raking left foot. Natural leader, hard at the football, very strong for his size, has been breaking contests this year and is fairly influential with his disposal.

For supercoach, he doesn't typically break out from the low 20's in terms of disposals and as a wingman, he gets a few tackles, although the wingman position doesn't help those numbers, and he is good for about a goal a fortnight.

Next year, I expect his disposal numbers to go up a bit as he continues to develop and spend more time in the midfield.

This season, he won't have too many matches above 100+, average will about the 80-90 mark, but is capable of the odd 100+ game.

Witherden.

He's looked amazing but considering he's playing so well he could be up around $400K end of this season / start of next season. Would you be willing to pay that?

I can definitely see myself picking him in 2-3 years but probably too early next year for me.

A lot on the tigers board have done a 180 on BEllis since his role change, used to be a whipping boy but has been great this year.
Started slow too, which is good for his price next year. Look to see how he goes once Houli is back too.
I'm keen on him for next year but will still be behind Doch, Laird and Lloyd for me.

Looks like a solid 95~ PPG player and has hardly missed a game since being drafted. And even if he did become a crab Hardwick would never drop him, because Hardwick.

What about Corey Ellis? I rated him in his first season he looked pretty good, is he still alive?

He's looked amazing but considering he's playing so well he could be up around $400K end of this season / start of next season. Would you be willing to pay that?

I can definitely see myself picking him in 2-3 years but probably too early next year for me.
If he's doing this on the back of no preseason he's worth 400k. He is a mini Doc.

What about Corey Ellis? I rated him in his first season he looked pretty good, is he still alive?
Just about, was a late in on the weekend and whilst he didn't get a whole lot of it he had a few important moments. He's so good with the ball in hand, he just hasn't got enough of it for the most part at AFL level. If he can get up around 20 possies a game he will be a handy player.

Like bananatigz said, was a late in last week. Was stoked when we got him but just hasn't made the transition yet. Doesn't get enough of the pill to be SC relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back