2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got rid of Lobb and got rid of heater for the time being and a few other minor tweaks. Im actually pretty chuffed with this team right now. My main worry is being a bit light on in the back line but ill wait and see if any of the rookies will be getting games after the JLT, i was 3k off getting Venables so i have Fristch for him atm but i could swap Higgins for Venables. Also need to free up 5k to get Cameron in at r3 for Balta.

2018scjqn23.jpg

Got rid of Lobb and got rid of heater for the time being and a few other minor tweaks. Im actually pretty chuffed with this team right now. My main worry is being a bit light on in the back line but ill wait and see if any of the rookies will be getting games after the JLT, i was 3k off getting Venables so i have Fristch for him atm but i could swap Higgins for Venables. Also need to free up 5k to get Cameron in at r3 for Balta.

View attachment 452926

Beams to cripps , does that give you your 5k?

I had Cripps a week or 2 back mate, i really want Beams assuming hes fit come round 1 though. I can always go Murphy down to a cheaper defender like a Mirra or someone.
Do it.

Murphy won’t even get games.

I had Cripps a week or 2 back mate, i really want Beams assuming hes fit come round 1 though. I can always go Murphy down to a cheaper defender like a Mirra or someone.
Christensen > Ah Chee.
You get to keep Beams so hold Murphy for now. If you have little kitty for rookie corrections, easier to swap out a 117k player than 102k.

15.JPG

My side is starting to shape up. Had Williams before his achilles, now I've changed to Yeo.

Rucks and forwards haven't changed in weeks. ( Swapped Flynn for Cameron yesterday )

The only thing that might change, would be a Yeo/Laird priced defender down to a 450k JJ/McDonald risk. Then using the cash to turn one of the three 530-550k midfielders I'm backing to go big this year. Don't see it happening unless one of those guys shows me they're nursing an injury in the pre-season though.

Pretty sure Heeney and Yeo are still on limited training loads, but I won't let that deter me until closer to R1.

Thoughts guys? What would you change?

Hurley - Laird - 2E - L.McDonald - Doedee - Murray (Mirra, Cumming)

Ablett - Fyfe - Pendles - Bontempelli - Cripps - Dow - LDU - Kelly
(Wigg, Dawson, Worpel)

Jacobs - Gawn
(Cameron)

Heeney - Billings - Walters - McLean - Higgins - Venables
(Ahern, Garlett)

25k left. Probably won’t pick both Dow and LDU but I like spending a bit extra in rookies until a few 123k boys pop up in praccy matches. Would use that money to upgrade 2E (who I’m bullish on with no Mackie).

Thoughts?

Has scored SC very well when in the midfield ......but damn it, Lyon would then plunk him back into a FP

Nah he will actually play midfield. Ross rates him highly there and he offers something none of the other mids do. Theyd be crazy to not have him go through the midfield. Id say 50 percent mid 50 percent forward and a 100+ average

View attachment 452940

My side is starting to shape up. Had Williams before his achilles, now I've changed to Yeo.

Rucks and forwards haven't changed in weeks. ( Swapped Flynn for Cameron yesterday )

The only thing that might change, would be a Yeo/Laird priced defender down to a 450k JJ/McDonald risk. Then using the cash to turn one of the three 530-550k midfielders I'm backing to go big this year. Don't see it happening unless one of those guys shows me they're nursing an injury in the pre-season though.

Pretty sure Heeney and Yeo are still on limited training loads, but I won't let that deter me until closer to R1.

Thoughts guys? What would you change?
Id get rid of ellis personally. Houli would be a better pick if you want someone from
Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah he will actually play midfield. Ross rates him highly there and he offers something none of the other mids do. Theyd be crazy to not have him go through the midfield. Id say 50 percent mid 50 percent forward and a 100+ average
He’ll certainly be added to my watch list

Top 20 most picked players in the 2018 team picker

1. Max Gawn 81.80%
2. Nic Naitanui 74.60%
3. Nat Fyfe 66.50%
4. Rory Laird 61.10%
5. Isaac Heeney 58.10%
6. Jarrod Garlett 53.10%
7. Dustin Martin 50.00%
8. Patrick Dangerfield 49.80%
9. Tom Mitchell 48.20%
10. Luke Davies-Uniacke 48.10%
11. Cam O’Shea 47.10%
12. Jack Higgins 46.00%
13. Patrick Cripps 43.50%
14. Grant Birchall 37.80%
15. Tim Kelly 37.60%
16. Tom Doedee 35.50%
17. Cameron Rayner 34.60%
18. Paul Ahern 34.00%
19. Elliot Yeo 32.50%
20. Sam Murray 32.30%

My thoughts on SC-relevant Eagles after consuming all available data on preseason training the past two months:

Yeo - will still spend time in defence. I'd guess 50/50 with midfield. Should score well but up and down like normal. I'm on the fence.

Ah Chee - not sure if he has job security. I won't be picking him at that price.

Naitanui - 18 months after doing his ACL he isn't in full training. I won't be picking him.

Lycett - don't rate his JS. They could easily go with Vardy for second ruck.

Venables - think Rioli and Ryan will have better JS. Couldn't see him averaging more than 65.

Rioli - I've locked him in and thrown away the key. Guess of 80 average.

Ryan - can see his average being fairly low, but think his JS should be good and I think I'll pick him. Maybe 70 average.

My thoughts on SC-relevant Eagles after consuming all available data on preseason training the past two months:

Yeo - will still spend time in defence. I'd guess 50/50 with midfield. Should score well but up and down like normal. I'm on the fence.

Ah Chee - not sure if he has job security. I won't be picking him at that price.

Naitanui - 18 months after doing his ACL he isn't in full training. I won't be picking him.

Venables - think Rioli and Ryan will have better JS. Couldn't see him averaging more than 65.

Ryan - can see his average being fairly low, but think his JS should be good and I think I'll pick him. Maybe 70 average.
A small forward to average 80 in his first season :eek:

If you think a couple of small forwards for WC will average 75 between the two of them in their first season, you're gonna have a bad time.

To put it in perspective:
Fyfe averaged 73 with an average game of 16 disposals, 4 marks, 0.8 goals and 3 tackles.
Oliver averaged 70 19 disposals, 2 marks, 0.5 goals and 5 tackles.
Kelly averaged 68 with 17 disposals, 3 marks, 0.7 goals and 3 tackles.

If they crack 60, you'd count it as a win.

Agree with your other comments though.

If you think a couple of small forwards for WC will average 75 between the two of them in their first season, you're gonna have a bad time.

To put it in perspective:
Fyfe averaged 73 with an average game of 16 disposals, 4 marks, 0.8 goals and 3 tackles.
Oliver averaged 70 19 disposals, 2 marks, 0.5 goals and 5 tackles.
Kelly averaged 68 with 17 disposals, 3 marks, 0.7 goals and 3 tackles.

If they crack 60, you'd count it as a win.

Agree with your other comments though.

Yeah I may be off slightly. Rioli could easily average a ton...

But seriously, you're right I've overestimated the scores. But relative to each other I think they are pretty right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back