AFL 2019 - AFL Preliminary Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Derzzy

Debutant
Feb 2, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
How do people keep defending this loser? Greene is vile, he deserved a suspension on his reputation with inconclusive video evidence but there is a video of his fingers deliberately in Neales face. 1 week is justified

Take your bets' bias out of it. Greene is a grub and got what was coming. He'll never learn

...Take your personal "bias" out of the commentary maybe?...Eye gouging is illegal (and by the way is a 4-6 week ban)....but show me the rule that having a hand near another players face in the bottom of a pack is a 1 week ban.....maybe just maybe, we should take a step back and just admit, that if this was any other player this would be a non-issue...

Greene is not a saint, he plays on the edge continually... but past crimes don't make him guilty of this. He denies the charge flat out. The evidence is clearly inconslusive. The "victim" denies it even happened......And yet there is a conviction....biased much? The tribunal is a joke, when they don't event follow their own processes and rules and end up making decisions on whether the person is a "good bloke" or not....Jeez imagine if they ran the courts like this.

The Greene histeria is reaching manic levels. Imagine if Greene tried on what Rioli did with ASADA last week.....he would be strung up in the streets by the one eyed AFL nuffies who cant walk straight because of the chips on their shoulders.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
He deserves everything he gets. Did he not learn from the week prior?

Campaigner of the highest order. An absolute dero who would be in and out of jail if not for footy. Good for nothing grub

There is also conclusive video of him doing + players always defend each other so you can ignore Neale's 'evidence'. 1 person to blame and it isn't the AFL, it isn't the umpires, it isn't the MRO or tribunal...

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
How do people keep defending this loser? Greene is vile, he deserved a suspension on his reputation with inconclusive video evidence but there is a video of his fingers deliberately in Neales face. 1 week is justified

Take your bets' bias out of it. Greene is a grub and got what was coming. He'll never learn

yeah I agree 100%. I personally can't stand the campaigner, bet was just the best emotional hedge I could come up with.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal

Ah good to see the AFL tribunal works the same as our justice system that people are jailed simply because they're a tosser.

With that said he should have been rubbed out last week when the AFL had a case

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ah good to see the AFL tribunal works the same as our justice system that people are jailed simply because they're a tosser.

The AFL is a basket case and run by some of the dumbest people in the sport. However, I could not care less Greene got what's coming to him. Also, there's video evidence of him doing it. It's clear as day and just because he got off (wrongly) last week doesn't mean he should again.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whitfield only got 13 touches against Brisbane.

Whoever comes in to replace him will do at least as well as that.

I'm trying to look at the bright side here.

A Pies / Tigers GF. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

Whitfield only got 13 touches against Brisbane.

Whoever comes in to replace him will do at least as well as that.

I'm trying to look at the bright side here.

A Pies / Tigers GF. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

Well done on choosing probably his worst game for the year as his benchmark replacement cost

Now back to the real world

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Four of those six games are irrelevant because GWS were trash before 2015.

So without Greene and Whitfield they are 0/2, big deal.

In saying that, I think you missed the point of my post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who likes Toby Greene?

In a time of useless AFL management, boring players, no biffo and no individuality he's the hero we need but don't deserve.

Yeah I like him - doesn't mean he shouldn't be rubbed out when he commits offences though

targett

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Giants appeal tonight , but the odds are stacked against them given only two out of 16 players have successfully challenged the tribunal verdicts, the last being Melbourne midfielder Jack Viney in 2014.

anabac

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
banana boat
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Wow, really?? Example?

We have vastly different views of our justice system. Too many slaps on the wrist and not enough jail time in my opinion.

But for what it's worth, i don't think he should've been rubbed out.

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow, really?? Example?

We have vastly different views of our justice system. Too many slaps on the wrist and not enough jail time in my opinion.

But for what it's worth, i don't think he should've been rubbed out.
TF the justice system evolves via input from judges, legal bodies and our police - not trolley boys.

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didnt the Cats tear the Tigers a new one when they played earlier in the year in the rain at the G?

From memory didnt Hawkins have a good game against them too? Interesting.
So the umpires got together, studied the weather forecast and who the most influential player for Geelong was in those conditions against Richmond, then decided that if Geelong was winning in the last quarter they would report Hawkins if he went near the ball. Subsequent to that the AFL and tribunal were coerced into suspending him. Did the TV station delay the telecast and doctor the videotape as well???

So the umpires got together, studied the weather forecast and who the most influential player for Geelong was in those conditions against Richmond, then decided that if Geelong was winning in the last quarter they would report Hawkins if he went near the ball. Subsequent to that the AFL and tribunal were coerced into suspending him. Did the TV station delay the telecast and doctor the videotape as well???

WTF ? :drunk:

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back