AFLW 2019 AFLW Sign & Trade Period (8th-18th)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be happy with this. I'm a huge fan of Pound. She has become such a reliable player.
Me too, which was why I was so worried when her name was mentioned in relation to the Gold Coast. As a vice captain / captain combination, I can also see Gab’s more understated personality dovetailing nicely with Sarah’s more exuberant nature. It’s going to be really interesting to see how Harf proceeds in the (almost certain) post-Bri era.

Surprised to see Jess get two years but Sarah only take one... :think:
I'd have thought it would be the other way around.
Me too C2K. Along with Alison Downie, Brooke Walker, and Chloe Dalton, I would have preferred to see Sarah’s name on the 2 year list, rather than the 1 year list - she’s hard as nails and strikes me as a real “heart and soul” player on our list. Still, I’m very happy with pretty much all of the players who we’ve secured for another two years, including Gab Pound (who I believe the Gold Coast were interested in), Georgia Gee (who is a personal favourite of mine, and who I think could be very appealing to other clubs by the end of next season), Tayla Harris (the best contested mark in the comp), Kerryn Harrington (who, along with Gab Pound, I thought was a rock in our defence last season), and of course Maddy Prespakis (an out and out midfield gun). Regarding Maddy, I was really pleased to learn from Harf’s latest interview on the club website that she actually approached the club seeking a 2 year deal, which speaks to her level of commitment to our project. Hopefully we can get blue blood running through Maddy’s veins before * enter the comp at some point in the future, as her ongoing support for them (according to what she said at the AFLW awards night) makes me feel nervous for the future.
My guess would be she wanted the opportunity to earn more money in a year's time.

Mullane is a big out, will be interesting to see how we replace her in the middle.
Mullane wasn't much of an accumulator despite being constantly around the ball. Harrington should replace her well and truly, perhaps even reaching Bri's level of influence on the contest.

If Bri goes, I assume Sarah Hosking will step up.

Very disappointing, but ultimately Collingwood had us over a barrel given they had no players of any requisite value that were tradable.

Not sure who has the power to update the image that flanks the left-hand side of this page, but the sooner that Collingwood AFLW player is removed from there, the better, please! The same applies to the club's official site, too.

There you go, way more than pick 1. Good deal if it's still a strong draft in the first 10-15 Victorian picks.

Seemingly hurts us in the interim (assuming we don't trade for someone), but much better in the medium to long term. Big focus for us now is finding a key defender where we can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, Aph - I wasn't very specific. I was referring to the 'gutter' images (for want of a better term) that adorn the left- and right-most sides of the page. Collingwood's best player had that left side to herself until minutes ago.

Just saw it now.

Hosking & Vescio on the left side & Doc & Cripps on the right side.

Edit:- She has also been removed from the M/Ship page
https://membership.carltonfc.com.au/

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back