Player Watch Lachlan Gollant - Contract Extension to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunston was drafted as a Wing not a forward
You mean Gollant? Gunston was always reported as a KPP with high potential.

Pick 29 – Adelaide – Jack Gunston
DOB: 16/10/91, Height: 191cm, Weight: 74kg
Versatile KPP who has been heavily linked with the Crows and North. Strong over head.

"
Adelaide recruiting manager Matt Rendell said. "I saw him play at full-forward and at fullback and I liked the way he went about playing the full-back role even though he was undersized."

Jack was selected as a versatile key position player who has the capabilities to play both medium and tall, up forward and down back. "

Lachlan Gollant

Height: 191cm
Weight: 72kg
Position: Midfielder
DOB: 12/09/2001

Standing at 191cm, Lachlan Gollant is a lightly-built outside midfielder with great footy smarts.

Not sure he's gonna get the 8 shots required for 5 goals.

Good luck to the lad. Definitely got something about him that you love to watch.

I feel exactly the same, it was one of the reasons I was confident with Rachele, he's a good kick. Not as confident.

Gollant will need a lot going his way, but he kicked 5 last week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see Lachie walk up to Jeremy Howe on the weekend. Watch them try and take speccies off each other all day!

The funny thing with Lachie Gollant Hamish more or less indicated he may have gone undrafted that season but he was worried with another year of development he would light up the NAB League and we might not have been able to nab him.

Looks like Hamish got this one right.

For those of you basing your opinions on the highlights package offered by the AFC, I suggest you download the NAB league app and watch the full set of highlights from each of his games played. This offers a much better insight into this kid’s abilities and provides a good 15 minutes of viewing during the footy vacuum over Xmas.

From what I can see, his overhead contested marking is a huge strength and for a 71kg frame he does extremely well, better than McAsey in my opinion. His kicking action is awkward and a little rough, but he has the same raw potential as someone like Doedee had when Hamish selected him out of the blue. He’s also a competitive player and isn’t afraid to lay a shepherd after giving the ball off. All good attributes if he can just add 20 kilos to his frame over the next three years.

Likewise you can watch all of the highlights from McAsey and Worrell on there. FWIW, I’m not super excited about McAsey, he’s a a touch too slow for my liking and has a very Ken McGregor feel about him. Best position may be up front as a tall leading forward, as I’m worried he’ll be caught behind his opponent too often in defence. He barely makes any contest whilst defending in those highlights on the NAB app, but what he does do is roll off his player well to intercept mark.

But who knows really :laughing:

Fair call on both Gollant and McAsey.

You should post more.

For those of you basing your opinions on the highlights package offered by the AFC, I suggest you download the NAB league app and watch the full set of highlights from each of his games played. This offers a much better insight into this kid’s abilities and provides a good 15 minutes of viewing during the footy vacuum over Xmas.

From what I can see, his overhead contested marking is a huge strength and for a 71kg frame he does extremely well, better than McAsey in my opinion. His kicking action is awkward and a little rough, but he has the same raw potential as someone like Doedee had when Hamish selected him out of the blue. He’s also a competitive player and isn’t afraid to lay a shepherd after giving the ball off. All good attributes if he can just add 20 kilos to his frame over the next three years.

Likewise you can watch all of the highlights from McAsey and Worrell on there. FWIW, I’m not super excited about McAsey, he’s a a touch too slow for my liking and has a very Ken McGregor feel about him. Best position may be up front as a tall leading forward, as I’m worried he’ll be caught behind his opponent too often in defence. He barely makes any contest whilst defending in those highlights on the NAB app, but what he does do is roll off his player well to intercept mark.

But who knows really :laughing:
I wouldn't call Jeremy McGovern overly quick, it's all about position and ability to read the play to be an very good intercept defender and McAsey excelled with this during his draft season but hasn't translated this to the AFL yet. We know he has trouble adjusting to moving interstate during the pandemic years which has been well documented.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back