Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does go on to say that he doesn't think the clubs inside the top 15/16 will want to move much as well.
Yeah, I heard that.

gold coast are sitting on pick 15 and 20, and have been trying to combine those two picks into a top 10. If they can’t do that, then surely one of those picks is up for grabs.

perhaps we give them GWS 2020 1st for pick 20.

Yeah, I heard that.

gold coast are sitting on pick 15 and 20, and have been trying to combine those two picks into a top 10. If they can’t do that, then surely one of those picks is up for grabs.

Spot on, I think they try to move one of them out if they can’t move up

I’m gonna guess we’ll try to do 2020 GWS 1st and 28 for 15, it’s overs but it looks like 2020 picks aren’t being valued highly at all

Yeah, I heard that.

Another one. As you pointed out Hamish has said those with picks 1-15 are unlikely to move, there is the value.

What you’re suggesting is trade a 2020 first rounder for pick 20, what happens if GWS don’t have a great year?

Spot on, I think they try to move one of them out if they can’t move up

I’m gonna guess we’ll try to do 2020 GWS 1st and 28 for 15, it’s overs but it looks like 2020 picks aren’t being valued highly at all
Haven’t 3 clubs already traded in 2020 first rounders? Hamish seemed to be positive on next years first round.

Yes I made an error, I didn’t expand on critiquing your post. First off we already have 23, a pick very close to 19, I mentioned that already. Second 19 is towards the end of that band of 10-20, the better players will be taken. Third, your wanting to give up a first round pick in 2020 for a pick of lesser value just for the sake of a trade.

As for your rebuttal, you might want to re read yours, that truly was one of a 10 year old. “Ooh EC can read the future, tell us the Brownlow winner, line up everyone” that was pretty lame.

Anyone else want to have a crack at this 'critique' ???? :tearsofjoy:

1) According to EC's rationale picks in the draft are best thought of as a good set of eyes......NOT TOO CLOSE TOGETHER
2) Best players will be taken at the top end of the 10-20 range, he has seen into the future and has declared this so.
3) He has again brought forth his divine powers of sight, and deemed that GWS' 2020 1st pick, likely to land somewhere between 15-25 next year, is in fact worth less than Richmonds Pick 19. He has declared this so.

Another one. As you pointed out Hamish has said those with picks 1-15 are unlikely to move, there is the value.

What you’re suggesting is trade a 2020 first rounder for pick 20, what happens if GWS don’t have a great year?
Have you seen GWS’s list? That list not having a great year is them finishing third instead of second. Their “young” guns are all now in the 24 to 27 year old prime bracket. That team is going to be unstoppable for 5 or 6 years. We’re talking Brisbane Lions (circa mid 2000’s) or Hawthorn recent era level of dominance.

I'd prefer to go with our 2020/1 (adel) -> 15, 11(2020). GC can hope for a top 5 pick (if you believe the Vic media) and we still get a mid first next year plus one more.

GC don't need that many picks with their NT academy additions, so they are looking to get as high as possible. This helps that strategy

Haven’t 3 clubs already traded in 2020 first rounders? Hamish seemed to be positive on next years first round.
Look at the deals. On pick value alone, the teams getting the 2020 1st absolutely win out:

Adel get: 6, 2020 1st (14-17)
GWS get: 4

Melb get: 8
NM get: 2020 1st (6-9), 26, 50

Bris get: 2020 1st (7-10), 29
PA get: 16, 52, 55

NM get: 30
Haw get: 2020 2nd (25-28), 50, 73

Teams are paying overs to get 2019 picks. Whether that’s teams wanting to get players to develop one year early, or the draft simply being weaker next year, who knows. I’d probably go with the former, but to get a pick this year for a pick next year we’ll probably have to pay extra

Melbourne traded out their next years 1st, a 2nd AND a 3rd, for Pick 8 this year. It's not a conspiracy, it's just how most clubs are rating the draft next year.

GWS' 1st round pick next year would barely be worth a late 1st this year.

Look at the deals. On pick value alone, the teams getting the 2020 1st absolutely win out:

Teams are paying overs to get 2019 picks. Whether that’s teams wanting to get players to develop one year early, or the draft simply being weaker next year, who knows. I’d probably go with the former, but to get a pick this year for a pick next year we’ll probably have to pay extra
Agree. The most balance of those is the NM / Hawthorn deal, and that’s because hawthorn were desperate for a 2020 2nd rounder so they can trade out their 2020 1st!

Anyone else want to have a crack at this 'critique' ???? :tearsofjoy:

1) According to EC's rationale picks in the draft are best thought of as a good set of eyes......NOT TOO CLOSE TOGETHER
2) Best players will be taken at the top end of the 10-20 range, he has seen into the future and has declared this so.
3) He has again brought forth his divine powers of sight, and deemed that GWS' 2020 1st pick, likely to land somewhere between 15-25 next year, is in fact worth less than Richmonds Pick 19. He has declared this so.
Now your clammering for friends, that’s cute.

We have a pick very close to 19, the need to pick up another average one is not a need.

Hamish said teams were unlikely to trade away a top 15 pick, not a top 20 pick. Why did he specifically say top 15? Relative value?

You want to trade the GWS pick for 19, you must be relying on your divine powers of sight to assume that’s a good trade. Hypocrite much?

Come to think of it you haven’t given an explanation as to why you’d do that trade. Seems you are addicted to these PlayStation trades that you’d trade just for the sake of it.

Plus there’s an added incentive to keep GWS pick, if we have any hope for Luko we will need currency.

Melbourne traded out their next years 1st, a 2nd AND a 3rd, for Pick 8 this year. It's not a conspiracy, it's just how most clubs are rating the draft next year.

GWS' 1st round pick next year would barely be worth a late 1st this year.
For a top 8 pick, big difference to that and 19 this year.

In fact Brisbane traded 16 this year for a first rounder next year, 🤔.

So you're fortune telling again, you know exactly where GWS will finish.

Hang on, I’ve just been criticised for seeing into the future and you’ve determined what the first rounders will be worth next year. WeedsMullet84 your thoughts?

And we know why GWS did their trade, they now have 2 top 5 picks this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamish clubs in top 15 reluctant to move
Mentions De Koning before McAsey
Doesn't mention Day
Shrugs off Stephens
Hints at 3 mids
Says ruck stocks are ok
1 KPP at each end to replace Tex and Talia but says you cant go in thinking this.
Possible to use 3 x 1sts in 2020 which suggests not trading GWS pick
His comment can't have to many mids that can go HB/For/Wing. Maybe planning in case BCrouch chooses to leave.
A few more trades
Maybe GC 20 for 2020 picks but not 1sts. and/or Freo 22 for points which may require trading in 3rd our 4th rounders this year.

Pick 6 Flanders/Ash/Serong/Kemp DPP
Pick 20 Stephens
Pick 22 Rivers
Pick 23 De Koning
Pick 28 Taheny/Williams/Taylor/Jones
Last pick outside mid.

2020 war chest maybe spent on KPF

Hang on, I’ve just been criticised for seeing into the future and you’ve determined what the first rounders will be worth next year. WeedsMullet84 your thoughts?

To be honest didn't realise that, I'm just arguing that we might have to pay up a bit more if we want to get into this year's draft. Personally believe it's fine to predict

Main point is I think it's worth trading that GWS first into this year, even if we have to pay a little overs. If Luke Edwards continues on his current trajectory it's likely we'd have to use it on him anyway

To be honest didn't realise that, I'm just arguing that we might have to pay up a bit more if we want to get into this year's draft. Personally believe it's fine to predict

Main point is I think it's worth trading that GWS first into this year, even if we have to pay a little overs. If Luke Edwards continues on his current trajectory it's likely we'd have to use it on him anyway
We might look to do a GWS next year with 18 and 12

Hamish clubs in top 15 reluctant to move
Mentions De Koning before McAsey
Doesn't mention Day
Shrugs off Stephens
Hints at 3 mids
Says ruck stocks are ok
1 KPP at each end to replace Tex and Talia but says you cant go in thinking this.
Possible to use 3 x 1sts in 2020 which suggests not trading GWS pick
His comment can't have to many mids that can go HB/For/Wing. Maybe planning in case BCrouch chooses to leave.
A few more trades
Maybe GC 20 for 2020 picks but not 1sts. and/or Freo 22 for points which may require trading in 3rd our 4th rounders this year.

Pick 6 Flanders/Ash/Serong/Kemp DPP
Pick 20 Stephens
Pick 22 Rivers
Pick 23 De Koning
Pick 28 Taheny/Williams/Taylor/Jones
Last pick outside mid.

2020 war chest maybe spent on KPF
I found his comments regarding pick 6 interesting too. It really does t sound like McAsey is in the mix there, but rather those youve listed. Could all be bluff though!

I know this might be hard to comprehend, but everyone on this board is dealing in hypotheticals.

When you say 'there will be no SA players left at that pick, that is a terrible trade scenario', as opposed to 'there may not be any SA players left at that pick, i don't agree with that trade scenario', then you sound like a bit of a flog trying to come across as dealing in 'fact', when in fact you know as much as the rest of us, which isn't much at all.

Just come down off your high horse a little bit. Your BF world will keep on turning.

My Current Rankings 21/11/19:
(A few adjustments since last time)

1: Rowell - My Favourite all year (Superstar)
2: Green - Only Slightly behind Rowell
3: Anderson - Quality

4: Kemp - One of my favs, but turned off by his knee
5: Jackson - Grundy like
6: Stephens - Hamish's Favourite
7: Henry - Personal Favourite
8: Flanders - Quality
9: McAsey - Best Tall

10:Young - Running machine

11: Serong
12: Ash
13: Weightman
14: Maginness
15: Robertson
16: Pickett
17: Bergman
18: De Koning
19: Schoenberg
20: Gould
21: Bianco
22: C.Stephens
23: Worrell
24: Day
25: Rivers
26: Sharp
27: Jones
28: Williams
29: Taylor
30: Mead
31: Dow
32: Taheny

Last edited:
Most of the best defenders have been taken reasonably high in the draft. We have no depth in this area whatsoever..... but we do have midfielders. Especially if they want to play Smith and/or Milera in there.

Every human is better with a working spine, you can still function with a busted wing.
Your analogies suck man 😋

I know this might be hard to comprehend, but everyone on this board is dealing in hypotheticals.

When you say 'there will be no SA players left at that pick, that is a terrible trade scenario', as opposed to 'there may not be any SA players left at that pick, i don't agree with that trade scenario', then you sound like a bit of a flog trying to come across as dealing in 'fact', when in fact you know as much as the rest of us, which isn't much at all.

Just come down off your high horse a little bit. Your BF world will keep on turning.
Oh it’s because I didn’t use the word may that got you worked up, bit like you didn’t when you posted “GWS' 1st round pick next year would barely be worth a late 1st this year”. Had you replaced would with may you wouldn’t come across as a hypocritical flog.

My Current Rankings 21/11/19:
(A few adjustments since last time)

1: Rowell - My Favourite all year (Superstar)
2: Green - Only Slightly behind Rowell
3: Anderson - Quality

4: Kemp - One of my favs, but turned off by his knee
5: Jackson - Grundy like
6: Stephens - Hamish's Favourite
7: Henry - Personal Favourite
8: Flanders - Quality
9: McAsey - Best Tall

10:Young - Running machine

11: Serong
12: Ash
13: Weightman
14: Maginness
15: Robertson
16: Pickett
17: Bergman
18: Gould
19: Scharenberg
20: De Koning
21: Bianco
22: C.Stephens
23: Worrell
24: Day
25: Rivers
26: Sharp
27: Jones
28: Williams
29: Taylor
30: Mead
31: Dow
32: Taheny
Jonty Scharenberg still getting good reviews!

You have seen the future? Oh my god, ummmmmm can you tell me who wins the next Brownlow?! Line up, everyone, EC literally has the gift of sight, even if it is short.

Back under the bridge, you pest.

LOL - why do you bother responding?

Some folks here are just like those obnoxious people who start shouting on public transport. Responding doesn't help things ...

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back