Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trades with Geelong, GWS and Freo

Pick 4 to Geelong for 14, 17, 24 if they want Flanders bad enough they will pay up. Currently 9 players over 30 on their list at the start of 2020.

If Geelong are that desperate for Pick 4, I would go Picks 14,17 and their 2020 1st.

The highlights on YouTube he reminds me of James Battersby and we all know how that finished . I don’t see Robbie Gray in his movements at all like I’ve read some people mention on here. I wouldn’t be drafting Serong he just doesn’t seem he has that upside to him.
Break it up, he's nothing like Battersby, Caleb's got acceleration from the contest, agility and contested ball winning ability Battersby could only dream about.

He was gun forward/midfielder last year in his under age year and this year he's become a tough uncompromising gun midfielder, one of the best pack marks for a player his size in this whole draft.

I suggest you get hold of the Vic Country vs Vic Metro Championship game where Serong and Flanders came up against the big 2 Rowell and Anderson and absolutely dominated.

What is the final decision on Isiah Dudley? Is he in our NGA? he's been traiuning with them, I think.
We can't draft him he's a midget the way people on here talk about players unless they're 6ft4. ;)

1571624911894.png

Last edited:
[/sarcasm]

Don't think they've actually gone into drafts with big deficits? (just mucking around with their use of r1 picks)

IIRC they were meant to have a 1st rounder in one of the drafts a few years back but the AFL let it slide despite not having a 1st for several drafts in a row?

Can anyone shed light on this?

Only reason why people has an issue with shorter players is because of the amount of early picks we’ve used on them in the past few drafts. Fair enough too cause you can’t keep drafting 178cm mids
Yeah, well you watch a 178cm mid be the 1st name called on November 27, and I doubt there's too many clubs that wouldn't have him No.1 on their draft board.

Knightmare has us picking Flanders (5), O'Neil (25), DeKoning (30) and Taheny (37) in his phantom draft.
I could live with that but I think we need another mid where he's got us taking Taheny.....I'd go Jay Rantall , Cooper Stephens or Thomson Dow if they're still on the board there. I like the De Koning pick but I'm not sure he lasts till there

Only reason why people has an issue with shorter players is because of the amount of early picks we’ve used on them in the past few drafts. Fair enough too cause you can’t keep drafting 178cm mids

+1

FFS the one midget we should have gone harder in getting is gone forever now.

Screenshot of Firefox (21-10-2019, 13-09-32).png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Roar pretty similar.

Pick 4 – Adelaide Crows – Sam Flanders
182cm, 81kg

Flanders has risen up the board quickly in the last few weeks due to outstanding form in the NAB League finals, and a prominent performance in the draft combine.

A creative half-forward, Flanders boasted the third-best running vertical jump, and was top ten both for agility and in the Yoyo test.

Pick 23 – Adelaide Crows – Sam De Koning
200cm, 85kg

The Crows are obviously planning for the future, and getting a two-metre key defender option onto the books in Sam De Koning would be a good start to that.

Pick 29 – Adelaide Crows – Elijah Taylor
185cm, 75kg

Although the Crows picked up a number of small forward options this time last year, a more medium-sized choice like Talyor could still appeal. Top two for agility at the draft combine.

Quick google search and he was listed in 2018 as part of the NGA.
All fine and good but are they draft eligible through our NGA Academy to us or not is the question?

Especially the indigenous lads.

Hasn't always been the case in the past with both Port and Adelaide.

All fine and good but are they draft eligible through our NGA Academy to us or not is the question?

Especially the indigenous lads.

Hasn't always been the case in the past with both Port and Adelaide.
Yep - I'm acknowledging he's played for us in games against Port (hell, we just showed a photo from one) but is he confirmed as draft eligible?

My suspicion is that many non-NGA local indigenous players are also getting some development through those games. Which is great - except I'd love Dudley ...

Im grateful that the Cats are making a big deal about Flanders, makes me want to take him at Pick 4.

If not, I want a "Kelly-like Treasure Chest" of multiple picks, 3 of which can be 1sts.

Even then I still would want to keep hin, but Im curious as to how far the Cats will bend over for him.

Here is some Info on M.Bergman I would love to have 2 Picks in the Top 15
Ash or Kemp and him

+1

FFS the one midget we should have gone harder in getting is gone forever now.

View attachment 768483
And probably the Premier Richmond's best midfielder across season 2019 now that Dusty spends so much time up Forward was the "midget" 175cm Dion Prestia.

Im grateful that the Cats are making a big deal about Flanders, makes me want to take him at Pick 4.

If not, I want a "Kelly-like Treasure Chest" of multiple picks, 3 of which can be 1sts.

Even then I still would want to keep hin, but Im curious as to how far the Cats will bend over for him.
I think I've moved across to the Young train...watching his highlights, he appears so composed and that leg is amazing. He makes great decisions and can take a grab too...finally, he's not a 'midgit' :p

Looking at Flanders, Ash, Serong, while they have toe, they appear to have less time than Young and their skills aren't at the same level. Still trying to see some footage of Kemp

*Note: Acknowledging insight only comes from 3min highlights clips on youtube

Last edited:
I think I've moved across to the Yound train...watching his highlights, he appears so composed and that leg is amazing. He makes great decisions and can take a grab too...finally, he's not a 'midgit' :p

Looking at Flanders, Ash, Serong, while they have toe, they appear to have less time than Young and their skills aren't at the same level. Still trying to see some footage of Kemp

*Note: Acknowledging insight only comes from 3min highlights clips on youtube
Then you should have noticed Flanders, Serong and Ash's possessions are more generally in more high pressure situations and that they take the game on more than Young as well?...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back