Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talks on Callum Twomey's podcast from the Suns recruitment team they are keen as mustard to get another top 10 pick,

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. but we should deal with them or GWS,
(Can't see Freo giving up 7+10 for 4+ 2nd pick) - stupid if they do.

Scenario A: GC
CROWS Give ; Pick 4 (plus maybe a late pick)
GOLD C Give ; Pick 15, 20 + 2020 Pick 11(will end up sliding to around 15)

3 1st round selections for 1 effectively, but bear in mind GC got them for nothing and will still hold picks 1,2 + 4 for 2019 and pick 1 for 2020, so it's not like they are hurting from this deal.
For Crows, it's a deal they would HAVE to think about. 15, 20, 23, 28 37, 45, 49 would have us stacked PLUS next year we'd have 2 picks inside 15 again.

Scenario B: GWS
CROWS Give ; Pick 4
(plus maybe a late pick)
GWS Give ; Pick 6, 2020 1st

I know the GWS one sounds crazy for them, but if they keep pick 6, the bid for Green will come before that (At either 4-5) and they'll lose the pick anyway, so we have a strong arm here.
GWS would end up with 2 of the top 6 players from this years draft crop, perhaps Luke Jackson / Tom Green combo.
Crows however don't lose much at all, they still get a ripping player at 6 (if they want Flanders/Ash/Kemp - they could ALL still be available at this point) Plus they add a 2nd first rounder for 2020.
Crows will have pick 7 in scenario B.

1.Rowell
2.Ando
3.Serong
4.Flanders
5.Ash
6.Young
7.Kemp

OK, so I'm coming around to this idea - 3->7 are apparently all even, so maybe it does work for us afterall. I'm on the Young/Kemp train ATM, but happy with any of them.

Man, if only we went better this year and gave Carlton pick 12 or 13 I'd feel so much better about it.

Is the loopy kick his normal style? I haven't seen any of him except for the 2 minute highlights package. Reading the phantom drafts etc I think he is exactly what we need - a goal kicking mid with good pace.
Maybe have a look at Sam Flanders highlights from his U16 year with Gippsland Power #6 and Vic Country #14 at the U16 Championships incidentally posted by teammate Riley Baldi who himself I'd be quite happy to draft with a later pick. Have a look at the hardness he shows in the Vic Country footage.
GUN

CROWS Give ; Pick 4
(plus maybe a late pick)

I know the GWS one sounds crazy for them, but if they keep pick 6, the bid for Green will come before that (At either 4-5) and they'll lose the pick anyway, so we have a strong arm here.
GWS would end up with 2 of the top 6 players from this years draft crop, perhaps Luke Jackson / Tom Green combo.
Crows however don't lose much at all, they still get a ripping player at 6 (if they want Flanders/Ash/Kemp - they could ALL still be available at this point) Plus they add a 2nd first rounder for 2020.

If Scenario B plays out, I think in October 2020 it may end up looking like this.

CROWS IN : Flanders (draft) + Lukosius (trade)

CROWS OUT: Pick 4, 2020 1st Rounder Crows, 2020 1st Rounder GWS

Flanders destined to flourish
03/09/2019

62452962_2885351074838412_6207254974343151616_o-1.jpg

Sam Flanders is a star in the making.

Talks on Callum Twomey's podcast from the Suns recruitment team they are keen as mustard to get another top 10 pick,

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. but we should deal with them or GWS,
(Can't see Freo giving up 7+10 for 4+ 2nd pick) - stupid if they do.

Scenario A: GC
CROWS Give ; Pick 4 (plus maybe a late pick)
GOLD C Give ; Pick 15, 20 + 2020 Pick 11(will end up sliding to around 15)

3 1st round selections for 1 effectively, but bear in mind GC got them for nothing and will still hold picks 1,2 + 4 for 2019 and pick 1 for 2020, so it's not like they are hurting from this deal.
For Crows, it's a deal they would HAVE to think about. 15, 20, 23, 28 37, 45, 49 would have us stacked PLUS next year we'd have 2 picks inside 15 again.

CROWS Give ; Pick 4
(plus maybe a late pick)

With scenario A, I'd do it if we could move 11 to Geelong for 14 this year.

I don't want to hold two first rounds next year as Gold Coast will just come calling for them.

14, 15, 20, 23 - and 28 and 45 traded to Freo for 22 and 37 and 49 traded to Hawthorn for 30?

Six picks between 14 and 30 is interesting, as that really seems like a sweet spot in the draft too.

Another Crow from there...couldn't find one in a Crows jumper.

View attachment 769340

Wasnt he the guy that took a mark in the goal square by himself (at least 30m free from an opponent) during a finals game and showed the ball to the opposition before kicking the goal.

Blighty IIRC lost his cool over that.

Maybe have a look at Sam Flanders highlights from his U16 year with Gippsland Power #6 and Vic Country #14 at the U16 Championships incidentally posted by teammate Riley Baldi who himself I'd be quite happy to draft with a later pick. Have a look at the hardness he shows in the Vic Country footage.
GUN
Aaaaaand everyone's back on the Flanders bandwagon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know how good Flanders is and the fact that it takes some players longer to develop than others, so giving an informed opinion is hard for me.

But, the fact that it will really piss off Cats supporters, is good enough for me to want the Crows to pick him. :drunk:

Anyone that would be disappointed if we picked any one of the players touted as Pick 4 Tom Green, Sam Flanders, Lachie Ash, Caleb Serong, Hayden Young or Brodie Kemp cannot possibly be basing that on the talent/ability they project. We all have our individual preferences but I'm happy with any one of them. That said if Hamish goes outside that group I might need a bit of convincing. ;)

Anyone that would be disappointed if we picked any one of the players touted as Pick 4 Tom Green, Sam Flanders, Lachie Ash, Caleb Serong, Hayden Young or Brodie Kemp cannot possibly be basing that on the talent/ability they project. We all have our individual preferences but I'm happy with any one of them. That said if Hamish goes outside that group I might need a bit of convincing. ;)

IIRC the top 10 of the past few years have remained true to course, a slider here and there but nothing dramatic.

Cant imagine Hamish going outside this group, as it would mean arguably that the player selected would have gone at Pick 10 or higher, making us keeping Pick 4 if we do, a wrong decision?

So in that case, we should do 4 for 7 and 2020/1?

GUN

The way he moves reminds me a little of a young Selwood but with a quicker step and better jump ... special talent .

I am not completely sold on Flanders
I looked at the NAB highlights a while back on the app and what Bicks has already suggested
Those that suggest his kicking is questionable I agree
My doggy 1/2 chumped notes said
Contested
Grip hands
Flash handball
Knows where goals are
Has speed

Maybe as I read the article he maybe one of upside as just recently moved to middle
I don’t know if this is true just my own observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back