Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People on here keep saying but we traded 9 and 19 for 4, Who cares. Always look after the club, this is a great deal for us which will be very helpful. We could go into next year with 2 firsts or trade the GWS next year for another pick in the teens for this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My thoughts exactly. I would look at trading ours to someone who thinks it will be a top 5 pick. I think it will be around 12 after F/S and academy selections.

I also don't want to be holding 2 firsts when negotiating Lukosius next year.

I also don't want to be holding 2 firsts when negotiating Lukosius next year.

This ^

I agree I dont wont to be holding top 1st rounder picks in 2020 as it is simply going to go to the Suns.

I would rather take another top 10 in this draft and be left with 1st rounder 2020 thats pick 10 and above.

AFL doing their best to lock and load a GF berth to the Suns in 5-6 years time.

If the Suns manage to keep all their current players and this years draftees, they will play in a GF sooner rather than later.
It should not have been retrospective though
This “without having to match bids for the prospects” is huge
The next Rioli Longy Muir for nothing will come again in the next few years

Yes but all of these studies are looking at ACL injuries across the Normal population, Of course there is some increased risk but this can also be due to the same reason the initial injury occurred in the first place. Through proper rehab and biomechanic adjustments, it brings the risk down significantly. Mick Hughes has multiple articles on this.
Thanks for your input. It's always nice when someone on here with with expertise in a particular topic shares information.

It should not have been retrospective though
This “without having to match bids for the prospects” is huge
The next Rioli Longy Muir for nothing will come again in the next few years

I dont have a problem with that basket case Club, getting the extra handouts what bothered me is the timing.

It should never have been in a draft where picks were traded live last year. Its compromised the fairness of the draft and live trading.

Suns getting first crack at NT players is fine, I also felt it should be definitely the case in QLD as well. ( I think it is)

Wait till Tassie comes in. Its going to get worse. Who will want to live there where it will be feel so remote and isolated from the rest of Australia. Their concessions are simple. They get access to all Tassie players no questions asked.

This ^

I agree I dont wont to be holding top 1st rounder picks in 2020 as it is simply going to go to the Suns.

I would rather take another top 10 in this draft and be left with 1st rounder 2020 thats pick 10 and above.
Correct, if we don't have it, they can't ask for it - give them our 2021/1 and then make Grundy a deal Collingwood can't match and get him for free

I wouldn't be worried about height too much, Caleb Daniel is an even more extreme example, 163cm and probably would have been All Australian this year has he not been injured. If they can play, they can play. Just back your eyes and watch them play football, it's a far superior analysis tool than any other testing method. Sometimes we get a bit carried away with over-analysis of a player and their little bits and pieces I feel...
You're the anti Money Ball.

Correct, if we don't have it, they can't ask for it - give them our 2021/1 and then make Grundy a deal Collingwood can't match and get him for free

De Goey is the key here. The moment they sign him up, its the green light to go hard at Grundy.

Our midfield might be plenty enough, even in the current state if Grundy is in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, Not seeing the big raps on this guy (only one vid to be honest)
He panic kicks high (Like the Crouchs lol) from contests and most of his kicks are high and rarely find a target (unless it's a short kick to someone in space)

What are you talking about?

He seems a perfect fit for the Crows with forward entries like that. :drunk:

He's good, but he's also very very outside and has whipping boy written all over him.
Ive seen a fair bit of him and he isnt scared of the contest. Rides the bumps and doesnt release the footy until the option opens up.

I think Norwood have looked after him because he is only 17 years old and 65-70kgs playing against men that could snap him in half.

I hope we slide back to GWS or Freos first pick and take him.

Ive seen a fair bit of him and he isnt scared of the contest. Rides the bumps and doesnt release the footy until the option opens up.

I think Norwood have looked after him because he is only 17 years old and 65-70kgs playing against men that could snap him in half.

I hope we slide back to GWS or Freos first pick and take him.
I hope we keep 4 and bundle up to get him instead of sliding back!

Will Gould sliding in the phantom guide to 20, he's now slipped behind Will Day as the 3rd SA lad...

I'm really starting to think he may well be available at 23 by draft night.

The good/bad thing about this is that the Crows have form in picking what they believe is the best player with their pick, being from SA is low on the priority scale.

I am starting to think we can do a lot better than Flanders now, it is a shame Kemp did an ACL because if not I could see us picking him. I reckon Dylan Stephens is one we should use pick 4 on

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not particularly thrilled by Flanders yet, but that might change before draft night.

Stephens, Kemp, Serong are 3 that I really like for our team. Not sure where they all end up going, but I would hazard a guess we could go back to 6 and pick up any one of them on draft night!

I'm not particularly thrilled by Flanders yet, but that might change before draft night.

Stephens, Kemp, Serong are 3 that I really like for our team. Not sure where they all end up going, but I would hazard a guess we could go back to 6 and pick up any one of them on draft night!
Stephens and Serong I agree with but bare in mind with Kemp that he won't be seen for the entirety of 2020. I do like what I have watched and heard of Stephens and Serong though

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The good/bad thing about this is that the Crows have form in picking what they believe is the best player with their pick, being from SA is low on the priority scale.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I purposely said he would be available at 23, not that we will take him at 23 for that very reason.

I like Gould, but he's a bit of a tweener in size, came in overweight at the combine, and tested poorly in pretty much every athletic category. There is a reason he's sliding, but even with all those detractors I still love what he brings on gameday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back