Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. They added langdon and tomlinson for their wings and pace and transition ability was THE thing they lacked. They also surely won't have the same terrible injury luck they had last year. They also now add 2 × top 10 kids that may very well impact onfield in 2020. The only thing that could scupper a rise back up the ladder in spite of the above is if goodwin really is a poor coach
Not to mention the 2019 tank is over.

Disgrace of a club. Maybe they need more high draft picks?
Yeah, perhaps a couple of concessions would help them. Wait for Melbourne to get some more picks next year now that we have traded in some more 2020 picks

Do we worry about Stephens now referring to himself as a Victorian and apparently a big Carlton fan.
Not at all He stated he was a Victorian born lad but was quick to state but an SA boy. See his bio quick to allude being sa. I think he knows he will be a crow. Bad luck port u miss thisgun

Is McAsey really top 10? A few weeks ago he was being rated only marginally better than a couple of other talls that don’t seem to be mentioned at all anymore. There hasn’t been any football played. How can ratings change so dramatically without performances? I’m thinking there are better ways to spend our best ever pick.
Was voted MVP for Vic Metro in a team that contained Rowell and Anderson, and if you listen back to the ROAD TO THE DRAFT podcast with him, he sounds super impressive as a person and leader. I'm on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be more than happy if we end up with;
Pick 6 - Fischer McAsey (KEY FWD/DEF)
Pick 22 - Will Gould (GEN DEF)
Pick 23 - Cooper Stephens (TALL MID)
Pick 37 - Harry Schoenberg (GEN MID)
Pick 45 - Emerson Jeka (KEY FWD/RUCK)

:)

I think that's much too high for Flanders. He seems a power athlete, but his footskills seem rough. There are a few I'd prefer we took before him.
I can understand that

I like his ability to kick multiple goals and have score involvements ( and high tackle numbers )

I think he’s more Robbie Gray than Serong - Marks it more and kicks more goals

We need more scoring power

Interesting...

When he talks about taking best talent at 6, he says we will take the best player regardless of where they come from. "We took Daniel Talia who was intestate, Phil Davis was a local" - intriguing he went straight for KPDs...does this mean we are going McAsey?

Serong, Flanders, Stephens, Jackson - all talked about the top 8-12 picks.

F/S and NGA - We COULD have them all next year

We're not a needs focused drafting team, but it is at the back of our mind. Last 2 picks level things off with some needs

Pickett the quickest in the draft - we always want to add some more speed but the elite speed might not be quite there in the draft. Loved his school effort in school footy but inconsistent in the SANFL

On McAsey - no doubt one of the best in the draft, plus DeKoning. No interest in Jones by the sounds of it.

Luke Jackson might be best suited as a forward than ruck - unprompted naming of him (I think he likes him)

Interesting...

When he talks about taking best talent at 6, he says we will take the best player regardless of where they come from. "We took Daniel Talia who was intestate, Phil Davis was a local" - intriguing he went straight for KPDs...does this mean we are going McAsey?

Serong, Flanders, Stephens, Jackson - all talked about the top 8-12 picks.

F/S and NGA - We COULD have them all next year

We're not a needs focused drafting team, but it is at the back of our mind. Last 2 picks level things off with some needs

Pickett the quickest in the draft - we always want to add some more speed but the elite speed might not be quite there in the draft. Loved his school effort in school footy but inconsistent in the SANFL

On McAsey - no doubt one of the best in the draft, plus DeKoning. No interest in Jones by the sounds of it.

Luke Jackson might be best suited as a forward than ruck - unprompted naming of him (I think he likes him)
Wasn't unprompted - he was getting back on the subject from when he was brought up as a Sauce replacement.

That was a great listen though!

I'd be more than happy if we end up with;
Pick 6 - Fischer McAsey (KEY FWD/DEF)
Pick 22 - Will Gould (GEN DEF)
Pick 23 - Cooper Stephens (TALL MID)
Pick 37 - Harry Schoenberg (GEN MID)
Pick 45 - Emerson Jeka (KEY FWD/RUCK)

:)
No thanks.

If we take McAsey (which I'm fine with), there's really no need for Gould. I'd like a Sharp/Day with 22.

45 can be another tall, preference is for Comben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back