Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets play this game its not realistic but lets pretend. Would you take a guaranteed flag and then failure or a maybe dynasty. Im taking the flag every single time. One in 150 years suggests I can be arrogant enough to want more.

Let's be realistic, 2 changed results in VFL/AFL history both against us and no scoring records being change at all despite numerous errors of administration suggests if we do make it we won't win it, no one will give one iota of a damn, and I'm better off not bothering at all in this pissant competition of halfwits masquerading as a professional one.

Given the state of the game, no I would not take 1 guarantee if it meant immediate failure because the game at this juncture is utter crap, so that flag is about as worth as the Pies "challenge" flags and with us, well we might as well just give up and fold if we lack that intensity to try.

I can handle us being the underdog, poor, bad, and everything within our control because there is always tomorrow, there is always that chance and ways to achieve it.

I saw us moving further into SE corridor as an attempt to grow, and attempt to expand, to catch up, to build what we wanted to build as a club and when we have showed up and streamlined intent with ability, we shattered AFL records in the process. So in the current trend of finals and 1 and done, I firmly believe that if we get our s**t together in the current format of AFL, we can pinch 4 in a row because the opposition is simply inferior.

Let's be realistic, 2 changed results in VFL/AFL history both against us and no scoring records being change at all despite numerous errors of administration suggests if we do make it we won't win it, no one will give one iota of a damn, and I'm better off not bothering at all in this pissant competition of halfwits masquerading as a professional one.

Given the state of the game, no I would not take 1 guarantee if it meant immediate failure because the game at this juncture is utter crap, so that flag is about as worth as the Pies "challenge" flags and with us, well we might as well just give up and fold if we lack that intensity to try.

I can handle us being the underdog, poor, bad, and everything within our control because there is always tomorrow, there is always that chance and ways to achieve it.

I saw us moving further into SE corridor as an attempt to grow, and attempt to expand, to catch up, to build what we wanted to build as a club and when we have showed up and streamlined intent with ability, we shattered AFL records in the process. So in the current trend of finals and 1 and done, I firmly believe that if we get our s**t together in the current format of AFL, we can pinch 4 in a row because the opposition is simply inferior.

Don't understand a word of that but if I did I would ask why would you bother following the game if you feel that way. Think the pies challenge flags holds up exceptionally well. Who holds the record for the most flags in a row. Anyone knowing footy says the pies. No one maybe apart from you worries about the challenge part because they were the rules of the day. Pretty sure we won our first ever game on appeal by the way.

So if the Hawks get over the Cats tomorrow, we're a GAME CLEAR on top of the ladder after 5 rounds :drunk:
Everyone left Gold Coast out of the calculations but with them getting smashed, all we need is Geelong to lose, draw or win 452 - 451

OK so this post will have a bit of a 'this is great news for Bitcoin' flavour about it; but the results this weekend have fallen well for us imo.

Specifically: Adelaide now have the release valve of a big win; hopefully they're not as mentally sharp coming into our game. GWS and WCE will be breathing fire next week; again we might catch them in a lull after roaring comebacks.

And I don't really give a rats' if we get lucky from fixturing (both in terms of form lines throughout the year; and week to week results) given how bad our fixture has been the last few years.

Don't understand a word of that but if I did I would ask why would you bother following the game if you feel that way. Think the pies challenge flags holds up exceptionally well. Who holds the record for the most flags in a row. Anyone knowing footy says the pies. No one maybe apart from you worries about the challenge part because they were the rules of the day. Pretty sure we won our first ever game on appeal by the way.

I always love when you ask questions, since you never seem to understand any of the responses and spit out arbitrary rubbish in response.

I mean, what does a random game have to do with the grand final? Also, do you know the intricacies of what occurred during it to even be referencing it to begin with?

If you go by what is lodged at the time though, it actually backs my point, as the protest was (and it was a drawn game FYI) that the umpire failed to signal the end of a quarter, which means Melbourne lost a single point after that was deducted from score, and we thus won the match. Very similar to Sirengate.

I follow the game because as I've said a few years back, the game is great. Does not mean I do not think the current mob running it in admin, aren't stupider than apes trying quantum physics.

I always love when you ask questions, since you never seem to understand any of the responses and spit out arbitrary rubbish in response.

I mean, what does a random game have to do with the grand final? Also, do you know the intricacies of what occurred during it to even be referencing it to begin with?

If you go by what is lodged at the time though, it actually backs my point, as the protest was (and it was a drawn game FYI) that the umpire failed to signal the end of a quarter, which means Melbourne lost a single point after that was deducted from score, and we thus won the match. Very similar to Sirengate.

I follow the game because as I've said a few years back, the game is great. Does not mean I do not think the current mob running it in admin, aren't stupider than apes trying quantum physics.
A random game has nothing to do with a grand final. You brought up 2 games where results were changed. They weren’t grand finals either unless I’m missing something. You don’t like the current mob and I’m gathering you didn’t like the mob who had the challenge system. Have a feeling you may not have liked any mob in charge. Most people but afl footy is far more successfully run than any other comp in Australia. Heard that from nearly every media person not just afl media.

A random game has nothing to do with a grand final. You brought up 2 games where results were changed. They weren’t grand finals either unless I’m missing something. You don’t like the current mob and I’m gathering you didn’t like the mob who had the challenge system. Have a feeling you may not have liked any mob in charge. Most people but afl footy is far more successfully run than any other comp in Australia. Heard that from nearly every media person not just afl media.

Explanations are in order then.

Since you decided to ask the question of if I would take a flag and junk a year, I decided to answer it by highlighting a point.

That point, is that even if you won that flag, the AFL or someone associated with it, mother nature, the realm of common sense, 27 angles of the same instance being disregarded for the thoughts of an arse. SOMETHING, would happen to take that flag from you, because that is part of who we are as a club in reality.

We are the club that bend over, and when we complain, we get told we're wrong and punished for it to try again so individuals can "know what a victory is".

So I would thus, not take the flag, I would earn it since I know we would have earned it, I would hope that we would use it to build upon and change the club to one of building a dynasty of success instead of what we were and are in the downtrodden.

Also, not hard. NBL is in it's what, 6th iteration? Same with soccer? Rugby has barely fired a shot outside of 2 states, CA is a step down but next best. It's small pond stuff, AFL can't take a candle to any of them outside of Australia, which is part of why NZ gave no shits for example.

On the rest, you're wrong, but more power to you.

Explanations are in order then.

Since you decided to ask the question of if I would take a flag and junk a year, I decided to answer it by highlighting a point.

That point, is that even if you won that flag, the AFL or someone associated with it, mother nature, the realm of common sense, 27 angles of the same instance being disregarded for the thoughts of an arse. SOMETHING, would happen to take that flag from you, because that is part of who we are as a club in reality.

We are the club that bend over, and when we complain, we get told we're wrong and punished for it to try again so individuals can "know what a victory is".

So I would thus, not take the flag, I would earn it since I know we would have earned it, I would hope that we would use it to build upon and change the club to one of building a dynasty of success instead of what we were and are in the downtrodden.

Also, not hard. NBL is in it's what, 6th iteration? Same with soccer? Rugby has barely fired a shot outside of 2 states, CA is a step down but next best. It's small pond stuff, AFL can't take a candle to any of them outside of Australia, which is part of why NZ gave no shits for example.

On the rest, you're wrong, but more power to you.
I’m wrong about what. The reason nz don’t give stuff about afl has nothing to do with who is running it. They wouldn’t have a clue. Indigenous sports don’t usually work elsewhere whoever runs it. As if America for example so I don’t like the sport because of anything to do with how it’s run. They just don’t like the sport. And they don’t have any grounds suitable for the sport. By the way did we lose the 66 flag. You sound like you have a huge chip on your shoulder. I just prefer to think of the thrill if we win it and then fall over. Be disappointed about falling over but I will never forget the joy of winning it. My local club has won 7 since I’ve followed them and lost 2. The difference is like chalk and cheese. And my local club in that period have dropped 3 grades of footy so we have had unsuccessfully eras. Doesn’t make the joy any less when you win.

Couldn’t disagree anymore. Winning a flag would be beyond great. Couldn’t care if we were relegated after that Close is very good. Winning a gf is everything

Why is winning a girlfriend everything ? lmao.

Don’t Panic !!

One of my ‘mates’ has bought me a Collingwood Insider Membership (not sure who but I will find out soon) so now I have a Collingwood membership scarf sitting in my living room.

Any creative suggestions as to what I should do with it? I feel simply throwing it in the bin is too easy.

Wrap it around a toilet roll tube and cut off a piece when in need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The highlights package of the Gold Coast vs Adelaide tells a story of how bad the game was early . The first quarter highlights had to include players kicking points as there was only 1 goal scored that was a kick after the siren . Terrible game . If the Crows play like that next week it should be an easy win to us .

Don’t Panic !!

One of my ‘mates’ has bought me a Collingwood Insider Membership (not sure who but I will find out soon) so now I have a Collingwood membership scarf sitting in my living room.

Any creative suggestions as to what I should do with it? I feel simply throwing it in the bin is too easy.
Well as the Rolling Stones sang you might want to paint it... wait. That won’t work. Just paint it red. Then write St Kilda on it.

Their fans were satisfied with winning one premiership, their players thought their job was done.

A lesson for us. One fluke win will not be enough. Great, yes. I'll celebrate as much as anyone. But it won't mean much without backing it up, at least with consistent finals presence over a number of years.

Put it this way: id much prefer to have won one of those '09-'10 GFs, but which era do you consider to be the strongest, Saints '08-'11 or Dogs '15-'18?
Dogs, no contest. 2016 Premiership. Nothing else matters.

I used to think Demetriou has terrific foresight.
Gil seems to be totally reactive. Unfortunately people in the media think this is being responsive to them, and think he's wonderful.

I used to think Demetriou has terrific foresight.
Gil seems to be totally reactive. Unfortunately people in the media think this is being responsive to them, and think he's wonderful.

The past couple for mine have been too focused on the external assets, the media contracts the flow of money and the "leisure" of footy in what is consumed as opposed to the game itself which is rather negligent and bastardised under its watch.

We did not need 6-6-6 for example, but due to negligence in upkeep and the a lack of focus on the clubs and how they act as licenses, we are now stuck with telling all and sundry "we do not know how to structure in football", and it's amazing. There's no real check and balances into the history of the game, maintaining the integrity of it, or building the game as the spectacle, it's about maximising profits for prime time and no one gives a damn.

The past couple for mine have been too focused on the external assets, the media contracts the flow of money and the "leisure" of footy in what is consumed as opposed to the game itself which is rather negligent and bastardised under its watch.

We did not need 6-6-6 for example, but due to negligence in upkeep and the a lack of focus on the clubs and how they act as licenses, we are now stuck with telling all and sundry "we do not know how to structure in football", and it's amazing. There's no real check and balances into the history of the game, maintaining the integrity of it, or building the game as the spectacle, it's about maximising profits for prime time and no one gives a damn.
Without profits we don't exist. Nothing wrong with the 6 6 6 rule. Most rule changes work, some obviously don't without some changes the game would be a debacle because of the coaches because their job is to win, not make the game look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back