Prediction 2019 Hypothetical Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any truth to the story going around about GWS and North? I just thought I'd double check first.

North: Pick 8 and 70
GWS: Pick 12, 18, and 55

GWS must have their eye on someone closer and don't think 8 will cut it.

What do you think about how sydney does ?
Looks like a reasonable result

what would you add as a swans person

Really not a fan. Essentially two firsts from us for an undoubtedly talent play but too many what ifs and potential to snag him next year

Really not a fan. Essentially two firsts from us for an undoubtedly talent play but too many what ifs and potential to snag him next year
I actually agree with you , Swans dont need another 200cm foward with what you have on the list already
but looks like the club wants him its just what they pay and everything mentioned indicates to the 2 1st rounders

I actually agree with you , Swans dont need another 200cm foward with what you have on the list already
but looks like the club wants him its just what they pay and everything mentioned indicates to the 2 1st rounders

Beatson deserves the boot if we do it

Not phased if anyone doesnt believe me. Last year I got close to predicting the resukts in most trades on here in terms of the eventual trade in discussion threads on big footy including the Mcgovern, Shiel, Neale, Lobb and some draft exchanges. My general beleif is that you come up with a suggestion that the supporters of both teams dont agree with its not far off. Fill free to message me if any of the suggestions end up way off. Take into account the post was before Personally think the fact that there are less academy and father son selections will result in clubs paying more than the point value for early picks. Eg West Coast trade for Kelly below.
Considering Brad Crouch just won a best and fairest and people are the offers for him are huge I think the discussion of his trade worth is massively off by some of the trade commentators. Gold Coast need him desperately as they need to have significant success next year to help keep as many talented youngsters as possible. I dont think Adelaide will release him out of his contract if the trade offer isnt decent.Possible the afl told Gc they need to trade some picks to get success sooner rather than later.
Trade Scenario 1
Gold Coast get Brad Crouch. Adelaide get to stockpile picks by getting the 2020 Pick 11 priority pick and the 2019 priority Pick 20.
Trade Scenario 2.
Operation get Papley and Martin for Carlton.
Carlton trade Pick 9 and a future second for Pick 15 and Jack Martin
Carlton then trade Pick 15 for Papley
Sydney trade Pick 15 and a future first for Joe Daniher and a future second.
Trade Scenario 3
Western Bulldogs
Get Keath and Bruce
Bulldogs trade Pick 13 and Pick 43 get Pick 23 and Keath from Adelaide
Bulldogs trade Pick 23 and Pick 32 for Bruce
Trade Scenario 4
West Coast trade 14 and 24 and a future first and future third for Melbourne's pick 3 and a future second
Pick 3 then traded for Kelly
Trade Scenario 5
Freo
Brad Hill for Pick 6 and a future third to St Kilda
Ed Langdon to Melbourne for a future second and future third with a future fourth coming back.
Mcintsh and Menedue from Richmond for two future thirds. Only happens if Richmond prepared for a goodwill trade for like they did for Lloyd for players seeking greater opportunities.
Freo Pick 7 and 26 for GWS Pick 12 and 18
Both teams need picks around that mark to match likely bids for Henry (probably 18) and Green (Pick 7 I think matches a top 4 bid)

My hopeful trades for the Crows.

Alex Keath and 23 for Lewis Young and 13.
Young is SA and will fall further down with Keath arriving. Crows need KPD and Young could rival Hartigan easily.

Sam Jacobs to Gws for pick 57. Gws to trade to avoid Tomlinson compo being downgraded or canceled out.

Riley Knight and pick 57 to Sydney for Pick 42.

Josh Jenkins to Collingwood for pick 53.

Hugh Greenwood and 2020 2nd to Gold Coast for Peter Wright and 2020 3rd. Both players were out of favor this year and a swap would be good for both players/teams.

Betts to Carlton for pick 82

Take picks 4, 13, 28, 42, 53 to the draft.

Young is SA and will fall further down with Keath arriving. Crows need KPD and Young could rival Hartigan easily.

Sam Jacobs to Gws for pick 57. Gws to trade to avoid Tomlinson compo being downgraded or canceled out.

Hugh Greenwood and 2020 2nd to Gold Coast for Peter Wright and 2020 3rd. Both players were out of favor this year and a swap would be good for both players/teams.

You dont have to agree obviously. But any thoughts on the suggestion below for Crouch. No idea if he'll go
Gold Coast get Brad Crouch. Adelaide get to stockpile picks by getting the 2020 Pick 11 priority pick and the 2019 priority Pick 20. If I were Gold Coast id do the deal even if it involves 2019 15 and 2020 11. They need to improve significantly in 2019 to convince the talented kids to say. Media has suggested pick 15 alone. Which is just dumb.

Alrighty, I propose the following mammoth 5 team trade but there a few pre-emptive disclaimers to be had before I get jumped on

A) GWS will likely not do this because they'd be betting a bid comes on Green higher than 6 but maybe they can work something else out.
B) Yes, I think Hill is worth 6 and a little bit more from the Saints
C) I think the Gus Brayshaw rumours are more than likely rubbish BUT its exciting anyway
d) There is more chance Stephen Coniglio joining the Hawks then this coming true

Freo:
Out: Hill, Langdon, 26, Future 2nd
In: 13, Brayshaw, 44, 32

Melbourne (promise not to bid on Henry)
Out: Brayshaw, 22
In: 12, Langdon, 26

St Kilda
Out: 6, Bruce, future 3rd
In: Hill, 22, 50

GWS:
Out: 12, 18
In: 6

Dogs
Out: 13, 32, 44, 50
In: 26, Bruce, future 2nd (Freo), future 3rd (St Kilda)

Who is the biggest loser, who is the biggest winner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait what? Why are the dogs giving you pick 13? They could just get Keath for a future 2nd at the absolute maximum....why give up a first round pick? Crazy

Omg that Peter Wright is horrific as well. Such awful trade suggestions that are heavily weighted to adelaide

Alrighty, I propose the following mammoth 5 team trade but there a few pre-emptive disclaimers to be had before I get jumped on

A) GWS will likely not do this because they'd be betting a bid comes on Green higher than 6 but maybe they can work something else out.
B) Yes, I think Hill is worth 6 and a little bit more from the Saints
C) I think the Gus Brayshaw rumours are more than likely rubbish BUT its exciting anyway
d) There is more chance Stephen Coniglio joining the Hawks then this coming true

Freo:

Out: Brayshaw, 22
In: 12, Langdon, 26

St Kilda
In: Hill, 22, 50

GWS:

Dogs

Who is the biggest loser, who is the biggest winner?
Pretty good effort but two teams have Pick 26 as an in and no-one has pick 18 as an in.

Made minor changes to try to fix it. Compare it with the original to see.

Freo:

Out: Brayshaw
In: 12, Langdon

St Kilda
In: Hill, 18, 50

GWS:

Dogs

HAWKS
Pick 49 for Sam Frost
Or
Pick 30 for Sam Frost & Pick 51.
Melbourne don't seem to rate him.

Pick 11 & Future 4th for Pick 12 & Patton
Gives GWS more points and doesn't worsen our position as pick 11 will be used on points for Green.

BLUES
Future 2nd for Martin
I think it's ridiculous that GC are asking for a first rounder. When a player has had 7 years in the AFL and are still selling him on potential. That says he's achieved f*** all.

Pick 9 for Papley
Quality player. Kicks goals consistently, wins clearances. This is a player that can put your team up a level.

My attempt for the Saints, now that we don't have P6.

Steven for P37.
Bruce and P18 for P13 and P31.
P31 for Jones.
P12 and P13 for Hill and P26.
P26 and P37 for Howard, Ryder and P66.
P66 for Butler.

Out - P6, Steven, Bruce
In - Hill, Jones, Ryder, Butler, Howard.

That's probably the most reasonable see if trade scenarios I've seen this year. Not certain gcs would give up 2mp easily unless they knew Lukosious was sticking around but they do need a an experienced mid or 3.

Richmond give Adelaide pick 19.

Richmond get Gibbs.

Adelaide pay part of Gibbs wage for first year, so we can frontload him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back